Author Topic: Idea for McCain  (Read 2548 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Idea for McCain
« on: October 01, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »
McCain and Obama are, for now, the titular heads of their respective parties. That's given me an idea.

If (big if) the Republicans could agree on a good plan--insurance rather than bailouts, for example--McCain could announce the following: this is not what we want to do, but it is the best plan for our nation. Any Republican who votes against it will be removed from committee seats, and will not receive any help from the RNC in the upcoming elections.

It would definitely put him in the leadership position. Something other than an earmark-laden bailout would be more palatable to the public. And such a strong position would put the Democrats on the defensive.

Where am I wrong on this? (After all, I must be, or someone would have thought of it).

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Idea for McCain
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 02:06:14 PM »
Nowhere in the Constitution is a single dime for Wall Street authorized.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »

Are you telling me the Constitution has come back in force and we're obeying it?  When did that happen, and why didn't any one tell me?Huh?Huh? angel rolleyes grin
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

agricola

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »

Are you telling me the Constitution has come back in force and we're obeying it?  When did that happen, and why didn't any one tell me?Huh?Huh? angel rolleyes grin

Is it in the Constitution that you should be told?

police
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 04:19:30 PM »
McCain has only one "plan for this nation," and that is to make sure all of "God's children" are taken care of next year, whether on his watch or Obama's...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 04:43:57 AM »
McCain and Obama are, for now, the titular heads of their respective parties. That's given me an idea.

If (big if) the Republicans could agree on a good plan--insurance rather than bailouts, for example--McCain could announce the following: this is not what we want to do, but it is the best plan for our nation. Any Republican who votes against it will be removed from committee seats, and will not receive any help from the DNC in the upcoming elections.

It would definitely put him in the leadership position. Something other than an earmark-laden bailout would be more palatable to the public. And such a strong position would put the Democrats on the defensive.

Where am I wrong on this? (After all, I must be, or someone would have thought of it).

Money.  It is always about the money.

Some big GOP donor will get ticked-off that his pet representative is not getting help from the GOP during reelection, so the big donor will withhold his money to the GOP.  All the GOP wants, same with the RNC, is to keep their people in office.  Constitution, liberty, responsibility, leadership... those are just marketing words.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:54:11 AM »

Is it in the Constitution that you should be told?

police

NO -- but it SHOULD be!!!! angel cool
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 08:17:49 AM »
"Any Representatives or Senators feeling pressured to accept this power grab by our Treasury and Federal Reserve need to understand that they are negotiating with terrorists. It was my recollection that we do not negotiate with terrorists."
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 09:31:03 AM »
I have an idea for McCain: drop out and move Palin up one, with Jindal as VP.

He can go on a world tour with his buddy Al Gore.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 11:38:14 AM »
I have an idea for McCain: drop out and move Palin up one, with Jindal as VP.

I have another suggestion....McCain should skip his flu vaccine this year...  angry
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 11:41:22 AM »
I have a suggestion for McCain as well. Ask to borrow gavel. Hit self in head.