Author Topic: It could have been worse...  (Read 10332 times)

wacki

• friend
Re: It could have been worse...
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 02:30:53 AM »
I was very impressed with Palin. I'm still not supporting McCain/Palin, but she looked A HECK of a lot better than she did for the Couric interviews.

So you are supporting Obama?  Any vote other than McCain this election is a vote for Obama.

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 03:00:41 AM »
Oh, it could have been far worse for Joe without the xanax.  We were really worried that he was going to be disrespectful and demeaning like he has in the past.  He kept his gaffs to a minimum which is a good thing. 

One mistake that is gonna show up on Youtube is when Joe was talking about (exact quote) "Others talk about my excessive passion. I'm not going to change. I have 35 years in public office. People can judge who I am. I haven't changed in that time...."

HOLY COW JOE!  Change is the platform mantra.  Use your brain man!  He finally caught himself but he didn't do Him any favors.

That lady that was at the other podium did ok but she's not going to stop our wealth redistribution project.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 03:25:32 AM »
Did anyone else notice the camera work? When Biden was talking, you got to see his mug centered in the screen. When Palin was speaking, several times the camera cut to a three-quarter view of her back. Hmmm . . .

It's a pity Palin didn't come out against the carbon cap (which is part and parcel of a scam to hijack energy dollars) but given that her running mate has partaken of the global warming/climate change Kool-Aid, she probably didn't have much choice.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2008, 03:32:58 AM »
I was very impressed with Palin. I'm still not supporting McCain/Palin, but she looked A HECK of a lot better than she did for the Couric interviews.

So you are supporting Obama?  Any vote other than McCain this election is a vote for Obama.

The founding fathers are spinning in their graves.  sad

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 05:42:50 AM »
Palin at least showed that she had the stuff to be a viable #2.  That is something.

The real problem for the GOP isn't Palin, it's McCain, who has shown himself unable to really be a maverick by NOT being "bi-partisan" when the right thing is to oppose the bail-out and everything it contains and implies.  McCain fancies himself a high-minded team player and, unfortunately, the "team" that runs Washington D.C. is a gang of bandits, idlers, and fools.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 05:45:20 AM »

No, because it's the truth.

Say the total amount of voters was 100.

Obama: 50
McCain: 47
Third Party: 3

Guess who is now in the oval office, thanks to the third party votes?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 06:40:57 AM »
I'll say it in different words.

We, the People who should have known better, have permitted another America to grow up inside the nation we once knew.  This Other America has now become not just a problem but dominant.  We are being controlled by a parasitic host and we refuse to come to grips with what this means.  If that sounds paranoid just wait for an Obama Presidency.  I have recommended radical surgery in the past; either we detach from the disease or we will die too.  Sorry if that doesn't hew to any party line.  I look at the culture and the demographic trends and I try to be a realist.  We need to act while there are still enough of us left to save The Vision.

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 07:10:06 AM »

No, because it's the truth.

Say the total amount of voters was 100.

Obama: 50
McCain: 47
Third Party: 3

Seems to me like 47 people voted wrong.

make that, 97.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 08:17:59 AM »
It would be hard for anyone to go up against Joe Biden in a debate--dislike him I do, but he knows his subjects.  But why, WHY, does she have to say NUKULARHuh?   sad

Are we still talking about that word?  Honestly, who cares?  How many people even notice the mispronunciation without having it pointed out?  I sure don't.  And most mispronunciations drive me nuts. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 08:57:23 AM »
Half the time she threw out Obama's voting record Biden was able to retort that McCain voted the same way.  That's one way to drive home the "Maverick" point:  Remind folks that the Republican candidate votes like a Democrat half the time.

Except that Biden was lying. So far one columnist found 14 flat out lies in Biden's attacks on McCain.

Palin didn't just exceed expectations. She did well connecting with groups that McCain needs, such as white blue collar mothers.

Are you right, or am I right? The answer will be in the polls over the next couple of days.

You are right, but I'm not convinced it will affect the polls any.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:39 AM »
There are Two Americas.

One likes hockey; the other likes soccer.

Guess who is going to prevail in the long term.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »
I liked the debate.  Biden's smile or should I say "smurk" put me off a bit.  He looked condescending.  I really liked Sara Palin asking permission from Senator Biden to call him Joe in the debate.  That was one of those little things in the last McCain-Obama debate that bugged me down deep.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 09:27:24 AM »

Technically, he's in the oval office thanks to the 50 OBama votes.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

agricola

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 09:33:19 AM »
Good debate, and a reasonably good performance from Palin.  The GOP ad listing Biden's lies needs to be hammered between now and the next Obama-McCain debate though, since the media take on things appears to be that Palin was warmer, Biden more factual and knowledgeable (which, as the list of fibs demonstrates, is utterly false). 

Whether any of it matters is another question of course.

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"