Author Topic: Obama: On The Issues  (Read 2878 times)

Chris189

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Obama: On The Issues
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:01:58 PM »
Q: How would you address gun violence that continues to be the #1 cause of death among African-American men?
A: You know, when the massacre happened at Virginia Tech, I think all of us were grief stricken and shocked by the carnage. But in this year alone, in Chicago, we've had 34 Chicago public school students gunned down and killed. And for the most part, there has been silence. We know what to do. We've got to enforce the gun laws that are on the books. We've got to make sure that unscrupulous gun dealers aren't loading up vans and dumping guns in our communities, because we know they're not made in our communities. There aren't any gun manufacturers here, right here in the middle of Detroit. But what we also have to do is to make sure that we change our politics so that we care just as much about those 30-some children in Chicago who've been shot as we do the children in Virginia Tech. That's a mindset that we have to have in the White House and we don't have it right now.

Thats funny! 
(Isn't it illegal for gun dealers to just "dump" guns?)  :laugh:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »
They already know who is buying multiple guns from dealers.  They audit dealers and insist on perfect paperwork.  I have heard comments on THR that BATFE agents often question people who buy multiple guns.  If that is so, why are we blaming gun dealers instead of a complete lack of enforcement or on the failure to effectively control illegal gun trade?  It can't all be gun show purchases. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:25:11 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »
How about doing something with the defective "youth" who will shoot someone over a hat besides a revolving door till they actually kill someone?

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:46:05 PM »
No one is defective any more in America.  Not teenage shooters.  Not insolvent mortgage borrowers.

All is forgiven. The Messiah is come.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »
I know gun owners caused this financial mess we're in.  I know it.  I just can't put my finger on it... =D
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Grylady

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 05:18:44 AM »
  And then, there's that civilian secuity force, again. :mad:

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:13:10 AM »
  And then, there's that civilian secuity force, again. :mad:

Yep, Gold boots, Camo pants and Black t-shirts.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
A thought just occurred to me. We've seen a "civilian security force" related to Obama's friends in action.

They're usually grabbing and roughing up someone who asks questions, or knocking down cameramen...

Nation of Islam thugs. People in a lot of inner cites are terrified of them. They'll kick your ass, and nobody saw anything.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »
Thugs create thugs.

I don't think we're going to see a lot of unitin'.

"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
which inner citys did you live in?  i know some folks scared of the "fruts of islam"  but they were all dope dealers and customers.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I