Author Topic: Recommend video editing software - Making youtube based Obama info-mercials  (Read 2251 times)

wacki

• friend
I'm going to make youtube commercials highlighting Obama's history and proving that he's a bold faced liar.  The demeanor of my commercials will be very similar to my blog:

http://obamagun.blogspot.com/2008/08/ban-rifle-ammunition-commonly-used-for.html

I would appreciate suggestions on video editing software.  I need something that will allow me to display newspaper articles in the background in a reasonably professional looking manner.

thanks in advance

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
Final Cut Pro Studio with Motion, but only if you've got a Mac with a Core 2 Duo and tons of memory.

Motion is amazing. It's used to do the titles to a lot of news shows, sports events and all, as well as a lot of commercials and composited content.

There is a learning curve, though. It literally comes with a shelf of books.

It's also caused the most profound coffee-snort I ever did at the office, due to a mistake I made. I'd used the particle generator, which was supposed to couple with a wipe to sweep aside an interview to switch to other content in a blaze of dramatic glowing golden sparkles...it's the exact same thing they use when they do that for football games and all.

What happened was I screwed up behaviors and the start point for the generator, resulting in the interview staying in place as the person talking had a spray of golden sparks erupt from their nose.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 11:30:31 PM by Manedwolf »

Owens

I've used and still have Adobe Premier 6. Works good. I'll agree though that Final Cut seems to be the top dog for now. Black-Magic ain't bad either, but the renders are a killer. I've also done some editing on Speed Razor.
Life Member NRA, TSRA

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Sony Vegas Movie Studio

Platinum version - $99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832135216

Retail version to save a few bucks - $59
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832135215

I've been using version 7 or 8 Platinum (I forget which; it's hell getting old...) for awhile now and it's great.  No lockups, short enough learning curve, great features, nice output.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.