Author Topic: Ex-IDF, Mossad officials praise Obama  (Read 2091 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Ex-IDF, Mossad officials praise Obama
« on: October 05, 2008, 07:57:33 AM »
Ex-IDF, Mossad officials praise Obama

A Jewish group in the United States has recruited a number of retired IDF and high-ranking Mossad officials to appear in a video supporting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, saying he would be a better partner for Israel in the White House.
In the video, released by the pro-Obama Jewish Council for Education & Research, Brig.-Gen (Ret.) Shlomo Brom, former IDF commander of strategic planning, said that the Bush administration caused major damage to Israel's interests. He said Obama would be a better president for Israel than his rival John McCain, whose policies, Brom said, would likely be too close to those of Bush that were "not so helpful for Israel."

Similarly, Yossi Alpher, a former Mossad senior officer, said that McCain would maintain the same pose that the Bush administration adopted, which, Alpher said, had failed. He said Bush's approach had strengthened radical Islamic elements, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad. Alpher said that he was excited when he saw Obama's readiness to bring a fresh approach to the region.

Col. (res.) Shaul Arieli, a former brigade commander in the northern Gaza Strip, said it seemed Obama was the best person to open a new page in the relationship both with the Arab world and Israel, and to bring stability to the Middle East.
Former IDF chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Amnon Lipkin-Shahak said that during the Bush Administration, US involvement in the Middle East was "not professionally handled."

Maj.-Gen. (Ret.) Amram Mitzna said that another four years of indecision, stagnancy and a lack of intense US involvement in the Middle East peace process would be bad for Israel. He claimed Obama would achieve a greater involvement and that he "brings many hopes."
Former Mossad chief Ephraim Halevy also spoke fondly of the Democratic candidate, saying that he brought a breath of fresh air, was "impressive" and a "great communicator."
Brig.-Gen. (res.) Giora Inbar, a former IDF commander in south Lebanon, said he would personally vote for Obama to help Israel. Inbar said he was not convinced that the Bush method was the right way to deal with the axis of evil and that he would welcome anyone who chose to handle it differently.
Maj.-Gen. (res.) Uzi Dayan hailed Obama's willingness to be engaged with the Iranians in order to stop the Islamic Republic from attaining nuclear capabilities.

Original Jerusalem Post Article

MicroBalrog:

Amram Mitzna is involved. He's a former head of Labor (unsuccessful and corrupt).

Uzi Dayan is a former anti-corruption fighter (very unsuccessful, but not corrupt), who tried a Knesset run this year and failed). He's Moshe Dayan's nephew.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

buzz_knox

• friend
Re: Ex-IDF, Mossad officials praise Obama
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »
I guess they ignored his major gaffe on the status of Jerusalem.

TexasRifleman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 08:27:22 AM »
And they forgot that he wants to negotiate with Iran, who wants Israel nuked.

Well, like so many others, they want Obama, they are gonna get him.
As the old saying goe; Be careful what you wish for it just might come true.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:27:27 AM »
Apparently at least two of these people now claim they were misrepresented.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 11:18:47 AM »
I saw that also though I can't find the headline now.  Said they were asked about the challenges facing an Obama Presidency or something like that.  Hypothetical.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 11:35:23 AM »
They know Obama will sit on his thumb and wonder what to do while they flatten Iran.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »
I saw that also though I can't find the headline now.  Said they were asked about the challenges facing an Obama Presidency or something like that.  Hypothetical.

Uzi Dayan and that former Mossad guy said that their words were 'outright falsified'.