Author Topic: Hunting Mr. Good Will  (Read 2771 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Hunting Mr. Good Will
« on: October 06, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »
Hunting Mr. Good Will
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081004/COLUMNIST14/810040346/-1/NEWS02

WHO is "Will, Good"?
Mr. Good Will - who lists his employer as "Loving" and his profession as "You" - has contributed 1,000 times to the Barack Obama campaign.
All the contributions have been in amounts of $25 or less. But they add up to $17,375 - far more than the legal limit of $4,600. That's $2,300 each for the primary and general election campaigns.
Kenneth Timmerman, a reporter for NewsMax, a conservative Web site, discovered Mr. Good Will when he reviewed 1.4 million individual contributions in the latest Federal Elections Commission master file for the Obama campaign.
Mr. Good Will said he was from Austin, Texas. When I called directory assistance, they could find no listing for him.
Mr. Doodad Pro made 786 contributions for a total of $19,500. Like Mr. Good Will, Mr. Pro lists his employer as "Loving" and his profession as "You." Mr. Pro said he is from Nunda, N.Y. Directory assistance found no listing for him either.
Mr. Obama has raised a whopping $223 million in contributions of less than $200. Candidates are not required to disclose the names of those who contribute less than $200, and Mr. Obama has not. John McCain has made his complete donor database available online.
But the Federal Elections Commission does require campaigns to keep a running tally of contributions and to disclose the identity of donors once their total contributions exceed $200. This is how Mr. Good Will and Mr. Doodad Pro came to light.
If there are more suspicious donors to the Obama campaign, we won't know until long after the election as long as their aggregate contributions are below the legal limit. Mr. Timmerman was particularly curious about 11,500 contributions from overseas totalling $33.8 million.
Mr. McCain and Hillary Clinton required foreign donors to provide proof of citizenship. Until very recently, Mr. Timmerman said, the Obama campaign did not. "More than 1,400 of the overseas entries clearly were U.S. diplomats or military personnel, who gave an APO address," Mr. Timmerman wrote. But they accounted for only 12 percent of Mr. Obama's overseas donors, and the aggregate total of their contributions was just $201,680.
"In July and August, the head of Nigeria's stock market held a series of pro-Obama fund-raisers in Lagos," Mr. Timmerman said. "At one event, a table for eight went for $16,800. Nigerian press reports claimed sponsors raked in an estimated $900,000."
Making contributions on credit cards via the Internet - as both Good Will and Doodad Pro did - makes it easier for foreigners to contribute. Web logger Pamela Geller (Atlas Shrugs) reported three Palestinians living in a refugee camp in Gaza tried to donate $33,500 to the Obama campaign last year. They were caught only because the amount was far above the legal limit. If foreigners donate in amounts less than $200, their illegal involvement would be virtually undetectable.
If Mr. Obama were a Republican, the news media would be demanding he disclose the names of all of his donors - as er, the Republican has done - so we can see if there are among them other Good Wills and Doodad Pros.
CNN recently sent a reporter to Little Diomede Island, the westernmost part of Alaska (2.4 miles from Russia) to determine whether Sarah Palin had ever been there to see Russia with her own eyes. But CNN - and the rest of the media - have been incurious about the Obama campaign's fund-raising.
"Off the record, every suspicion you have about [the mainstream media] being in the tank for O is true," said an e-mail to Web logger Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit) from someone he knows at a major news organization. "We have a team of four people going through Dumpsters in Alaska and four in Arizona. Not a single one looking into ACORN, Ayers, or FreddieMae [sic]. Editor refuses to publish anything that jeopardizes the election for O, and betting dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. … The fix is in, and it's working."

see also:
http://www.newsmax.com/timmerman/Obama_fundraising_illegal/2008/09/29/135718.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Hunting Mr. Good Will
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 04:52:16 PM »
Eh, (democrat) politics as usual.

Do you think the party that raises the dead every election day will let a little thing like election laws keep them from funding their messiah?!?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:08 PM »
I'm not surprised this sort of thing happens.  He is a Chicago Democrat, after all.

I am rather surprised that nobody cares, though.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »
I'm not surprised this sort of thing happens.  He is a Chicago Democrat, after all.

I have to agree with that.  It is more of the disease on the left called "the ends justify the means".  Usually, there are some on both sides that hold that view, but it seems there are very many on the Obama side these days. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »

No one in the national leftist extremist so-called "news" media cares.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
It is only fraud when the Republicans do it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wideym

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 04:27:22 PM »
It's only fraud when the Republicans are caught doing it.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
It's only fraud when the Republicans are caught doing it.

Actually, it's only fraud when the Republicans are ACCUSED of doing it.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 07:35:22 PM »
Um, forgive me if I'm wrong; but since they donated using credit cards couldn't they just trace the numbers?
Shawn

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »
Tinfoil hat alert here. Isn't it possible that it's Republicans donating the illegally-high amounts under clearly fake names so as to cause trouble like this?
Feels like a setup. I don't doubt that some legit Obama donors are doing the same thing, but I'd expect to see names that were a bit less suspect.
three Palestinians living in a refugee camp in Gaza tried to donate $33,500 to the Obama campaign last year
How the hell do you get that much cash to spare living in a refugee camp?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 02:43:45 PM »
How the hell do you get that much cash to spare living in a refugee camp?

Convince a friend or family member to blow himself up and get the martyr money from Iran Syria Hezbollah.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!