Author Topic: ACORN Voter Fraud (Lake Co., IN)  (Read 5038 times)

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
ACORN Voter Fraud (Lake Co., IN)
« on: October 10, 2008, 08:04:17 AM »
Oh, those wacky Lefties are up to no good right here in the Hoosier State. :O

(Lake County is in the Northwestern corner of Indiana, next door to Chicago, home of East Chicago, Gary and Crown Point)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/09/acorn.fraud.claims/index.html

CROWN POINT, Indiana (CNN) -- More than 2,000 voter registration forms filed in northern Indiana's Lake County by a liberal activist group this week have turned out to be bogus, election officials said Thursday.

An official enters the Las Vegas, Nevada, ACORN office, which is under investigation for alleged voter fraud.

The group -- the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN -- already faces allegations of filing fraudulent voter registrations in Nevada and faces investigations in other states.

And in Lake County, home to the long-depressed steel town of Gary, the bipartisan Elections Board has stopped processing a stack of about 5,000 applications delivered just before the October 6 registration deadline after the first 2,100 turned out to be phony.

"All the signatures looked exactly the same," Ruthann Hoagland, a Republican on the board. "Everything on the card filled out looks exactly the same."

The forms included registrations submitted in the names of the dead -- and in one case, the name of a fast-food restaurant, Jimmy Johns. Sally LaSota, a Democrat on the board, called the forms fraudulent and said whoever filed them broke the law.  Watch how dead people are turning up on voter registration forms »

"ACORN, with its intent, perhaps was good in the beginning, but went awry somewhere," LaSota said.

Don't Miss
Florida voting issues raise fears of 2000-like debacle
Early voting begins for McCain and Obama
Over the past four years, a dozen states have investigated complaints of fraudulent registrations filed by ACORN. On Tuesday, Nevada authorities raided an ACORN office in Las Vegas, Nevada, where workers are accused of registering members of the Dallas Cowboys football team. And the group has become the target of Republican attacks on voter fraud, a perennial GOP issue.

A subsidiary of the group was paid $800,000 by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign to register voters for the 2008 primaries, and ACORN's political wing endorsed Obama back in February. But Obama's campaign told CNN that it "is committed to protecting the integrity of the voting process," and said it has not worked with ACORN during the general election.

Brian Mellor, an ACORN attorney in Boston, said the group has its own quality-control process and has fired workers in the past -- including workers in Gary. But he said allegations that his organization committed fraud is a government attempt to keep people disenfranchised.  Watch more about this investigation »

"We believe their purpose is to attack ACORN and suppress votes," Mellor said. "We believe that by attacking ACORN, they are going to discourage people that have registered to vote with ACORN from voting."

CNN was unable to reach ACORN officials in Gary and in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where the group's Indiana operation is based. Offices in both cities were empty when reporters visited.

Lake County elections officials have set aside all 5,000 of the ACORN-submitted applications in what Hoagland called the "fake pile" for later review. But she said every one will be reviewed before the election to make sure no legitimate voters are skipped.

There has been no evidence of voter fraud yet, because voters have yet to go to the polls. But elections officials say they will be sending their information to prosecutors, who will determine whether any investigation will begin.

"We have no idea what the motive behind it is," she said. "It's just overwhelming to us."
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

dogmush

• friend
Re: ACORN Voter Fraud (Lake Co., IN)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:16:56 AM »
There has been no evidence of voter fraud yet, because voters have yet to go to the polls. But elections officials say they will be sending their information to prosecutors, who will determine whether any investigation will begin.

"We have no idea what the motive behind it is," she said. "It's just overwhelming to us."

Really?  No idea?  I have a pretty good idea what the motive behind it is.  It just might have something to do with:

A subsidiary of the group was paid $800,000 by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign to register voters for the 2008 primaries

The really depressing part to me is that the Obama folks that I know, and point this out too don't seem to care.  They really seem to think that fraud is OK as long as their guy gets elected.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »
Some where along the line politics stopped becoming about right and wrong and became simply about winning.  In fact, almost all morality in America is gone, it is all about "winning".  Whatever "winning" means.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 10:53:08 AM »
Some where along the line politics stopped becoming about right and wrong and became simply about winning.  In fact, almost all morality in America is gone, it is all about "winning".  Whatever "winning" means.

Having the most stuff and the biggest office, no matter how many people you have to step on and stab in the back to get there.

I admire people who build wealth and power through hard work. I despise people who get it by screwing over other people, lying, cheating and stealing.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 01:48:04 PM »
Judge rules Ohio Secretary of State violated federal election law; plus ACORN victim on tape
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/09/judge-rules-ohio-secretary-of-state-violated-federal-election-law/

Court Finds Brunner in Violation of Federal Law
Secretary of State appeals ruling, fights effort to validate registrations

(Columbus) - A federal court ruled tonight that Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner violated federal election laws by not taking adequate steps to validate the identity of newly registered voters.

The ruling from U.S. District Court Judge George C. Smith called the identification breakdown “a serious problem” and ordered Brunner to immediately comply with federal requirements to match voter registration data with the information in the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles and Social Security Administration databases. The court accused Brunner of failing to provide county election administrators with “an effective way to access and review mismatches.” She immediately appealed the ruling.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »
I think McCain, if he were really what we wanted, would just hold a press conference and say the process is corrupt on too many levels and he's not going to play the game any more.  Let Obama run against Obama, and see if the American people accept a one-man election.

Pretending that this is really a valid election, for so many reasons, is a joke.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »
ACORN registered a guy I know in Fort Wayne to vote.  He's a convicted felon.  He has already voted, using the county's early voting system.  There's no way to find and remove his illegal vote.

Guess who he voted for?

:mad:

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
ACORN registered a guy I know in Fort Wayne to vote.  He's a convicted felon.  He has already voted, using the county's early voting system.  There's no way to find and remove his illegal vote.

Guess who he voted for?

:mad:

Call the county election board and tell them.  That's fraud and it's a crime.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »
Actually, it looks as if convicted felons CAN vote in Indiana after they are released from prison.

The reference to Indiana statute I found is 3 years old, but it cites Ind. Code 3-7-13-4 through 3-7-13-9
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »
HTG, convicted felons can vote in Indiana (and serve on the East Chicago city council) as long as they are not in the Indiana Department of Corrections.

Disenfranchisement was a Southern thang.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 03:32:27 PM »
Well that sucks.  I don't much like the idea of convicts voting for Obama in my state.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 06:46:18 PM »
Here in Milwaukee, we have the DA and the US Attorney looking at ACORN, and some charges are starting to be filed.

Felons have also been recruited by ACORN here to register voters, which is illegal.

The reason felons are being actively recruited by ACORN to register voters should be obvious: felons are more likely to break the law.

If there are states that fall within the percentages for ballot recounts this year, I want the McCain campaign to contest those results in states Obama wins. No Republican--even Richard Nixon--has ever done that, even though Nixon may have won against JFK. Ford could have challenged Carter and possibly won.

This election is too important to just roll over and hand it to Obama.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
I saw something earlier that 105% of eligible voters in Indianapolis have registered.  Way to go Hoosiers !!   ;/

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 09:22:10 PM »
The really depressing part to me is that the Obama folks that I know, and point this out too don't seem to care.  They really seem to think that fraud is OK as long as their guy gets elected.

It's because they're still pissed about 2000 and 2004(which were undeniably fraud-ridden, although the outcome is no longer in serious dispute), and tit-for-tat is OK, and two wrongs make a right, and the ends justify the means...

I think McCain, if he were really what we wanted, would just hold a press conference and say the process is corrupt on too many levels and he's not going to play the game any more.  Let Obama run against Obama, and see if the American people accept a one-man election.

Pretending that this is really a valid election, for so many reasons, is a joke.

That's quite an idea.  I think I like it.

The reason felons are being actively recruited by ACORN to register voters should be obvious: felons are more likely to break the law.

No, silly, the prison system has fully rehabilitated them and ACORN is helping them get a "hand-up" back into productive society!

Sheesh, why do you guys see conspiracy in everything? ;)