Author Topic: Obama goes for the reverse racism again with "minority" special business funding  (Read 3477 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
From his "business" plan... WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS #$%! Count the number of times "minority" is in there.

Increasing Minority Access to Capital: Access to venture capital is critically important to the development of minority-owned businesses. Yet there has been a growing gap between the amounts of venture capital available to minority-owned small businesses compared to other small businesses. Less than 1 percent of the $250 billion in venture capital dollars invested annually nationwide has been directed to the country’s 4.4 million minority business owners. And in recent years, there has been a significant decline in the share of Small Business Investment Company financings that have gone to minority-owned and women-owned businesses. In order to increase their size, capacity, and ability to do business with the federal government, and to compete in the open market, minority firms need greater access to venture capital investment, as well as greater access to business loans. Barack Obama and Joe Biden will strengthen Small Business Administration programs that provide capital to minority-owned businesses, support outreach programs that help minority business owners apply for loans, and work to encourage the growth and capacity of minority firms.

Promote Small Business Ownership in the Communications Industry: Barack Obama joined Senator John Kerry (D-MA) in calling on the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to immediately address the issues of minority, women and small business media ownership before taking up a second review of wider media ownership rules. Obama has continued that fight by urging the FCC to establish an independent panel on minority and small business media ownership. As president, Obama will support efforts to achieve diverse media ownership, particularly in an era of increased media concentration.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/10/obama_proposes_small_business.html?hpid=topnews
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 02:48:54 PM by Manedwolf »

buzz_knox

• friend
You've got to love this scam.  My parents have a small hardware store.  They competed for a contract to supply a local gov't owned facility.  They were told if they put the store in my mother's name, they would get the contract because it would be a woman-owned company.

They refused.  The store was my father's dream and my mother won't throw that under the bus for anything.

I have great parents and an idiotic gov't.

MechAg94

• friend
I hear about that all the time.  Some wife owning a company in order to get it under a minority ownership.  One way or another, it is very common, which pretty much means the law is meaningless. 

I wonder about other guys I know that are whiter than I am but have names like Perez and Cortez.  :D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

agricola

• friend
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

ronnyreagan

Count the number of times "minority" is in there.
Well, on the bright side, Non-Hispanic whites will be a minority here before too long.  =)
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

longeyes

• friend
While they complain about racism, they promote expressly anti-white male policies under a government aegis.  Lovely.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

matrem

Reverse racism? Isn't it just racism?

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
Well, on the bright side, Non-Hispanic whites will be a minority here before too long.  =)

I'm not betting on any sort of gain from that transition...

Shouldn't we of European descent be "minorities" anyway?  After all, there are certainly more pure Chinese than, say, Lithuanian/Irish/British/Native American.  Just wait until we have kids, they'll be all of those, plus German and Welsh!  Scholarships and all kinds of other preferential treatment, here we come!

Reverse racism? Isn't it just racism?

Yeah, but applying "reverse" indicates that it favors, rather than hinders, the minority.

Lennyjoe

• friend
Well heck, maybe it's time for me to open up a business, being Mexican and all. :|

longeyes

• friend
The game ended when we, all of us, who should know better, started parsing by race and ethnicity at all.  That was the apple we should not have bitten into. Now it is in the DNA of government and will be impossible to remove.  The only thing that will change the situation will be when we reach an evolutionary dead-end--and that is exactly where we seem to be heading in terms of governance.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Silver Bullet

• friend
No such thing as reverse racism.  Any criteria or decision based on race is by definition racism.

buzz_knox

• friend
No such thing as reverse racism.  Any criteria or decision based on race is by definition racism.

Not in the legal system.  There is (or was, the last time I dealt with it) a higher standard for proving that a member of the majority has been discriminated against.