Author Topic: Buckley Resigns From National Review After Endorsing Obama  (Read 7147 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Buckley Resigns From National Review After Endorsing Obama
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 03:59:32 AM »
Same thing with serious talk about the Illuminati and their control of this & that.

I've never even heard of any mention of Illuminati-conspiracism with regards to JBS.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »
I've never even heard of any mention of Illuminati-conspiracism with regards to JBS.

...and Ike could certainly have done better in the containment/rollback of communism area.  Cuba was lost on his watch, and if he had stood up to the Russkies in Hungary, they'd have folded like a four card flush.

For the record, I hate communism, I hate the UN, and I think a number of presidents and candidates were, if not out-and-out Communists, at least way too parlour pink for my tastes - FDR, Jimmy Carter, Mcgovern, Obama, etc, etc....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 01:49:33 PM »
...and Ike could certainly have done better in the containment/rollback of communism area.  Cuba was lost on his watch, and if he had stood up to the Russkies in Hungary, they'd have folded like a four card flush.

For the record, I hate communism, I hate the UN, and I think a number of presidents and candidates were, if not out-and-out Communists, at least way too parlour pink for my tastes - FDR, Jimmy Carter, Mcgovern, Obama, etc, etc....

I agree with every last bit of that^^^.

It still doesn't require Eisenhower to be a closet commie.  Those who make such accusations discredit themselves, as did the leader of the JBS back in the day.

WFB wasn't necessarily a "conservative movement" guy. He was William F. Buckley.

His contribution to Reaganism was no greater than Rand's, though these contributions came about differently.

He was religious. She was anti-religious. Seems that there's more conflict between people who think in similar ways, but have one or two glaring differences, than between people who are different in most ways. This goes double if they're both somewhat full of themselves.

I am reminded of the Pirenne Thesis: "Without Mohammed, Charlemagne is inconceivable."

Without WFB, Goldwater in inconceivable.

Without Goldwater, Reagan is inconceivable.

Without Rand, Alan Greenspan is inconceivable.

And that's as far as you can trace her influence on Reaganism.

That's the deal: Rand & WFB did not think in similar ways.  They came to their conclusions by wholly different routes.  It should be no surprise that when Rand pushed her philosophy to its logical conclusions, it would repel traditional American conservatives.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 01:54:18 PM »
And that's as far as you can trace her influence on Reaganism.

Have you read "Radicals for Capitalism"?

It should be no surprise that when Rand pushed her philosophy to its logical conclusions, it would repel traditional American conservatives.

Nobody here carries the banner for Rand, I think. "Mozart was a Red" happily sums up the problems with that lady.

But the problem remains - when leading a movement of change, you can't afford to step on allies just because they happen to be more radical than you do, while embracing people who deny your very core beliefs, and compromise with those who seek to destroy the very basis of America which is the Constitution.

I have elaborated my position in great detail in my post above.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
Jfruser: are you saying Alan Greenspan is a follower of Rand? Does not compute......
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 02:47:22 PM »
Jfruser: are you saying Alan Greenspan is a follower of Rand? Does not compute......

Alan Greenspan is a former Randite, yes.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
Alan Greenspan is a former Randite, yes.

From my limited knowledge of both Rand and Greenspan, they would seem to have somewhat differing philosophies. Did he repudiate her thinking when he joined the Fed?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »
From my limited knowledge of both Rand and Greenspan, they would seem to have somewhat differing philosophies. Did he repudiate her thinking when he joined the Fed?

Not precisely.

http://www.usagold.com/gildedopinion/greenspan.html

Can this be the same Alan Greenspan who today chairs the most important central bank of them all? Again, you might be surprised. R.W. Bradford writes in Liberty magazine that, as Fed chairman, "Greenspan (once) recommended to a Senate committee that all economic regulations should have fixed lifespans. Senator Paul Sarbanes (D-Md.) accused him of 'playing with fire, or indeed throwing gasoline on the fire,' and asked him whether he favored a similar provision in the Fed's authorization. Greenspan coolly answered that he did. Do you actually mean, demanded the senator, that the Fed 'should cease to function unless affirmatively continued?' 'That is correct, sir,' Greenspan responded."

Bradford continues, "The Senator could scarcely believe his ears. 'Now my next question is, is it your intention that the report of this hearing should be that Greenspan recommends a return to the gold standard?' Greenspan responded, 'I've been recommending that for years, there's nothing new about that. It would probably mean there is only one vote in the Federal Open Market Committee for that, but it is mine.'"