Author Topic: McCain = Idiot  (Read 10406 times)

coppertales

• friend
Re: McCain = Idiot
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
The problem with how McCain is running his campaign is this:  McCain is telling voters what he is going to do to fix this or that........Nobama is telling voters what they want to  hear which has no bearing on what he is actually going to do.....chris3

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 02:38:34 PM »

Both make me sick.
It's what Republicans deserve for not nominating a true conservative since, what, Goldwater?  Ok, maybe George Bush the Elder.
I cannot wait for the day when I can vote for a true, conservative republican; not the trash that gets tossed at us these days.

The Democrats are going to win because they nominated a real Liberal; someone democrats can get behind.  McCain is 2008's Lieberman. 

I hardly consider Bush Sr. a "conservative."  Reagan was the last true conservative.
But, still, your over-all point is valid.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2008, 01:28:41 PM »
[rant][sarcasm]Absolutely fascinating discussion.  [/sarcasm]

The OP is looking for McCain to be supportive of an ignorant twit in his audience who is assigning an ethnic slur against Obama when she means to be assigning a religious slur (Muslim), which is also not true, and as offensive (if not more).  We now have two pages filled up with how he hasn't taken the fight to Obama. 

I agree that he hasn't.  If we had seen two months of the McCain displayed in his last two prominent public appearances, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  He has killed in his last two gigs.  My point is this:  There are issues galore to base this campaign on, but race and religion are not (and should not be) among them.

We have something of an echo chamber in here at APS, and a decidedly conservative general bias.  I've not posted in a few weeks, but to find offal like this is saddening.

Attack the ideas, attack the consequences, attack the policies, and attack his judgement.  These hang independent of his race.  Hell, even attack the choice of his pastor, but do not deny the man's religion.  Based on the Frontline documentary on Wednesday, he actively shopped for Wright, but that doesn't make him a muslim...

[/rant]
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2008, 02:24:25 PM »
"The OP is looking for McCain to be supportive of an ignorant twit in his audience who is assigning an ethnic slur against Obama when she means to be assigning a religious slur (Muslim), which is also not true, and as offensive (if not more)."

And yet, xavier, no one has picked up that particuar ball and run with it now, now have they?

What does that tell you about the echo chamber conservative bias members of APS?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:15:32 PM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

xavier fremboe

• friends
  • All-American Meanie
    • The Shop
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
"The OP is looking for McCain to be supportive of an ignorant twit in his audience who is assigning an ethnic slur against Obama when she means to be assigning a religious slur (Muslim), which is also not true, and as offensive (if not more)."

And yes, xavier, no one has picked up that particuar ball and run with it now, now have they?

What does that tell you about the echo chamber conservative bias members of APS?
Good point, Mike, and I'll grant you that.  However, no one has called the OP's ball out of bounds, either.  I should have made that the gist of my post.

*Edited just after posting to add*  Crappy week...tired of explaining signals vs. noise.  Sorry folks.  Thanks for the reality check, Mike.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:09:25 PM by xavier fremboe »
If the bandersnatch seems even mildly frumious, best to shun it.  Really. http://www.cctplastics.com

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 03:15:10 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that the original poster's comment is a call to support whatever point the woman was trying to make.

It could be interpreted to be that, but it could also be interpreted to mean several things.

Without the OP weighing in again, there's really no way of telling.

If, however, I thought (or knew) that the OP was attempting to incite racial issues, the post would be gone, and likely the poster, as well.

Sure, I could have arbitrarily decided to delete the post, assuming that the OP was pushing a racist message. But, seeing racism in the message without proof, and assuming the OP to be a racist based on nothing tangible, is a quality most closely identified with Democrats, I'm sorry to say.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
*Edited just after posting to add*  Crappy week...tired of explaining signals vs. noise.  Sorry folks.  Thanks for the reality check, Mike.

Would that have happened to be over at avsforum?

</hijack>

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.