Author Topic: Voting fraud verified in Ohio  (Read 9132 times)

Don't care

Voting fraud verified in Ohio
« on: October 16, 2008, 09:19:14 AM »
Members of the political action committee, "Vote From Home", registered to vote in Ohio with a temporary rental address. Two members have already cast absentee ballots, and the Franklin County Prosecuting Attorney Ron O'Brien is investigating the case.

Palestra.net's Shelby Holliday sat down with him to disuss.

http://www.palestra.net/videos/play/17241
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:41:21 AM by Don't care »

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Voting fraud verified in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:30:24 AM »
They need to do at-the-door registration with ID at every polling place, or declare the election null and void in those states.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »
They need to get rid of 3rd party voter registration.  If you can't trouble yourself to go down to an election office or some such to register, how much will you trouble yourself to make an informed vote?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

agricola

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 10:30:34 AM »
They should, but then they are going to the Supreme Court to try and not do so:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/16/us/16vote.html?hp
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Don't care

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
They need to get rid of 3rd party voter registration.  If you can't trouble yourself to go down to an election office or some such to register, how much will you trouble yourself to make an informed vote?

If someone can stand in line for hours to buy a Harry Potter book, Nike Air Jordans, Playstation 3 (or whatever version now), or whatever; why can't one spend the time to register and vote?

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 01:59:27 PM »
I agree that they need to require photo identification at the time you cast a vote.  No exceptions.  You can get ID's at the drivers license place if you do not drive and it might be useful for things like using credit cards and writing checks. At enormous expense, each state needs to mail out voter registration verification letters to all registered voters and require them to go to a few central locations to re-register, confirm mailing address, and social security numbers.  I dislike the SSN aspect, since I don't trust government, but the drivers license bureau already has this information so it is "out there".

I would be quite suspect of anyone casting a vote who went through a third party to register.  ID please?  Are you a citizen? Have you been convicted of a felony?  Can you prove the location of your residence?  Utility bills?  You could even run a NICs check on them since the database exists.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 02:01:45 PM »
I would be quite suspect of anyone casting a vote who went through a third party to register.

Doesn't the NRA register people to vote, too?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:06:19 PM »
Chicago politicians do have a record of getting into power via voter fraud, don't they?
Obama's more of the same.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »
Chicago politicians do have a record of getting into power via voter fraud, don't they?
Obama's more of the same.

Yep they sure do.  Most of them are dead to the world and don't realize it though  =D
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 09:46:33 PM »
I agree that they need to require photo identification at the time you cast a vote.  No exceptions.  You can get ID's at the drivers license place if you do not drive and it might be useful for things like using credit cards and writing checks.

How can you hold a job without an ID for the I9 form?  Can't cash a welfare check either, without something.  Unless you're independently wealthy, not having any sort of ID at all should be a big red flag to check into how you support yourself.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:50:18 PM by KD5NRH »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 10:04:29 PM »
Maybe it's time we jettisoned the notion of encouraging people to vote?  Maybe it's time we quit getting all upset when the voter turn-out is low. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »
Maybe it's time we jettisoned the notion of encouraging people to vote?  Maybe it's time we quit getting all upset when the voter turn-out is low. 

Now that is an idea whose time had long come.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 10:22:17 PM »
Maybe it's time we jettisoned the notion of encouraging people to vote?  

!!! HEAR, HEAR !!!
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 10:34:22 PM »
The great god of universal suffrage has proven to be another god that failed.

Uninformed people have no business voting.  People here illegally have no business voting.

The alternative is what we are getting--and what the FF tried to prevent: MOB RULE.

And the alternative to that will be the collapse of the rule of law altogether.

"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »
SEATTLE -- An exclusive KIRO Team 7 Investigation discovers the state will send ballots to thousands of convicted felons in the next week, even though many can't legally vote.

The Secretary of State’s Office fired up a new multimillion-dollar computer in 2006. Its job was to catch, and then cancel, illegal voters.

Well, not all illegal voters.

KIRO-TV recently ran its own data to double check the state's work. Investigative Reporter Chris Halsne found out the system was set up to ignore the existence of approximately 24,000 convicted felons.

The State of Washington never stopped sending Tracy Wilkinson ballots in the mail, even though it appears she's not eligible to vote.

In 2002, she pleaded guilty to a felony prescription drug charge, then, according to court files, failed to pay all her fines.

A Snohomish County judge ruled "the defendant is not entitled to restoration of civil rights or discharge" - legal speak for "you can't vote!"

Wilkinson admitted to Halsne that she is a felon, but thought she could still legally vote.

Halsne: "You're a convicted felon?"

Wilkinson: "Yeah. I am. I fought it, but they said no jail. So, then, it really never bothered me because I thought, well, I'm never going to be president, so I don't care. Really. Then, when you brought up that I'm not supposed to vote, they send me my ballots. I've been voting for the last 10 years. "

An extensive computer analysis, independently conducted by KIRO Team 7 Investigators, found that Wilkinson is just one of 23,927 criminals on the active voter database.

6,812 of them are considered "very likely voters" because they already cast a ballot in other elections this year.

Unless something changes soon, every one of the felons will get a ballot for the November election, even though the state admits it has no idea if they are eligible.

Sources familiar with the election program, who asked we not identify them, tell us the new computer system was intentionally programmed to ignore a certain subset of felony data. The reasoning behind it was this: Because most of the felons on our list committed their crimes prior to the computer going online in 2006, it was going to be too difficult to research which ones can legally vote.

Jonathan Bechtle is an attorney at a conservative think tank, the Evergreen Freedom Foundation. He thinks we have found a significant flaw and one that could affect a close election.

“So we're not going to follow the law because it seems too hard to do? Sorry. That just doesn't cut it. The law says 'felons, you can't vote.' The Secretary has been given the authority, given the funds to put this database together. They should be able to do this," said Bechtle.

Washington's convicted felons can't legally vote until two things happen. First, they must meet all of their court ordered conditions: Prison time, restitution, the works. Then, depending on the year, that felon also needs a judge to sign an order of discharge or restoration of civil rights.

A long-term study by the Washington Department of Corrections shows that about 65 percent of felons fail to pay off all their restitution or finish their court ordered conditions.

Using admittedly simplistic math, if our data shows 6,812 felons voted in primary elections this year, that means 65 percent of them or about 4,400 will illegally cast ballots in November.

If all active voters who also appear to be convicted felons are counted, that's more than 15,000 questionable votes.

Secretary of State Sam Reed is proud his office purged 40,000 dead, duplicate, underage, and non-citizen voters off the rolls since 2006. However, he admits that the felon issue remains a problem.

“They have so many people out there that have not completed their sentences. It's almost impossible for us to track that, but we are working with the courts to do it, but that is one of our challenges," said Reed.

For Tracy Wilkinson, her answer is simple. It also happens to be the same thought process being used by the Secretary of State's Office: Let all criminals vote if they aren’t actually sitting in prison, jail, or under active supervision of the Department of Corrections.

“As long as they're paying taxes, being part of the community and doing what they're supposed to be doing, they should have the right to vote,” said Wilkinson.

One thing is very clear: The whole system for tracking felons is a mess. We found thousands of data entry errors, including questions regarding whether certain criminals (including Tracy Wilkinson) were convicted of felonies or gross misdemeanors or both.

Because of those discrepancies, elections officials don't think it's "practical" to eliminate any of the 24,000 or so felons in question. Instead, all will be handed ballots for the upcoming primary election.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »
For Tracy Wilkinson, her answer is simple. It also happens to be the same thought process being used by the Secretary of State's Office: Let all criminals vote buy guns if they aren’t actually sitting in prison, jail, or under active supervision of the Department of Corrections.

Try printing it that way and see what the public's reaction would be.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
Heck, why don't they just mail them guns while they are at it ?  :rolleyes:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
Something that is being ignored by the MSM in all this voter fraud:
While the Presidential election will be decided by electoral votes in so called swing states, at the local level there are Senate and House seats up for grabs.  If you defraud a few thousand votes in a precinct, it may not make a difference in the Presidential election, but it will likely upset the balance of a local election.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

agricola

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 12:51:18 PM »
Judas Priest.

/shaking head/

So much for The Rule of Law, so much for legitimate suffrage.

How long do we play along with this charade?
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54:23 PM »

I don't want people to vote, most of the time they don't vote right anyway.  Almost all of the dimwits I work with, I would not want voting for dog catcher let alone President.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2008, 02:19:50 PM »
IMO, the key is to make people actually go to register to vote themselves with ID and proof of residency.  No filling out cards or having someone else turn it in.  If you can't trouble yourself to do that, you don't vote.  Hell, you could keep the current registration card and just make people show up to turn it in with ID. 
Then we need to make sure people identify themselves at the polling location. 

I am sure people would complain, but that would at least make it more difficult to cheat.

Should the voter rolls be published?  No party affiliation, just the name and address. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

agricola

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
IMO, the key is to make people actually go to register to vote themselves with ID and proof of residency.  No filling out cards or having someone else turn it in.  If you can't trouble yourself to do that, you don't vote.  Hell, you could keep the current registration card and just make people show up to turn it in with ID. 

I am sure people would complain, but that would at least make it more difficult to cheat.

Should the voter rolls be published?  No party affiliation, just the name and address. 

That would be the most sensible - but it puts absolutely intolerable obstructions in the way of voter fraud people who find it very difficult to turn up at a given location with ID and vote.
"Make peace, you fools"

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
Let's just get rid of this whole election thing, anyway.  It's too much trouble.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »

That's pretty much what I meant. 

People here illegally have no business voting.

!! ???  I thought citizenship was the requirement, not mere legal residence. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife