Author Topic: Wolverines!  (Read 2298 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Wolverines!
« on: October 20, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »
 =D

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/MGM-Signs-A-Writer-And-Director-For-Red-Dawn-Remake-9455.html

Man, I hope this doesn't suck.  Otherwise I'm gonna hate it.

"All that hate's gonna burn you up, kid."

"It keeps me warm."
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Wolverines!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 09:20:35 PM »
They better be in study hall surreptitiously surfing Arf.com for group buys on lowers right before the big invasion. 
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »
Remake?

It will be a liberal screed. Just watch.

Would they ever do something on the order of sleeper cell terrorists going jihad in cities and Americans fighting back? HELL NO.

The liberals wouldn't allow it. CAIR would scream its head off.

The "enemy" will be "right wing Christian extremist militias" who "rise up" and have to be put down by Obamaton-like peace and love followers using improvised weapons and hope. The "red" will become as in "red states", and the bad guys will be the typical Hollywood stereotypes of ignr'nt rednecks.

What else would it be?

How can you forget what they did to "Sum of All Fears", changing the Muslim terrorists of the book to a WHITE Austrian neo-nazi in the movie? ???
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:41:19 AM by Manedwolf »

Zed

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:48:57 AM »
Remake?

Would they ever do something on the order of sleeper cell terrorists going jihad in cities and Americans fighting back? HELL NO.

The liberals wouldn't allow it. CAIR would scream its head off.

The "enemy" will be "right wing Christian extremist militias" who "rise up" and have to be put down by Obamaton-like peace and love followers using improvised weapons and hope. The "red" will become as in "red states", and the bad guys will be the typical Hollywood stereotypes of ignr'nt rednecks.

What else would it be?

How can you forget what they did to "Sum of All Fears", changing the Muslim terrorists of the book to a WHITE Austrian neo-nazi in the movie? ???

+1
Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you would have peace, prepare for war.)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 03:11:47 AM »
Remake?

Yes it will, and the sad thing is I will probably still go see it, just to watch one more piece of my childhood die.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 05:50:02 AM »
The original was crap anyway.

*ducks*

(seriously)
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 06:13:35 AM »
Remake + Hollywood PC = nothing worth watching.....

I still dread the upcoming "The Day the Earth Stood Still"....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 06:48:07 AM »
Maybe they'll just change the setting to an Arab country, and have the Wolverines be some group of Arab high school students that's fighting a non-descript army that invaded their country and took it over.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »
And SS, predictably, ruins it for everybody.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"