Author Topic: Can you wash golfballs in a clothes washer without harm?  (Read 4601 times)

telewinz

• friend
Can you wash golfballs in a clothes washer without harm?
« on: October 09, 2005, 12:34:05 PM »
I have about 100 I need to clean.
Career Corrections

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 12:54:27 PM »
From Steve's Tidbits...

It is  recommended one put golf balls into a mesh bag before putting into washing machine.
It is better suggested to do this while the lady of the house is gone.
Not a bad idea for any other "witnesses" NOT  be around either.
Send the dog outside - bribe dog real well.

Laundry Mats are not "all that bad", bring plenty of change and use a washer "kinda in the back and out of the way". Old towels do aid in cleaning, keeping the noise down, and disguises the "real" laundry you brough it to wash.

There is another chapter that deals with 2k AA Hulls in all 4 gauges. IN that chapter is it stressed NEVER EVER use the dryer. Make Darn sure the wifey is actually going to work. Having a day off that you did not know about, and wifey just running an errand ...Like I said Laundry Mats are not really that bad...

Ball washer devices at the golf course are great for washing keys btw.
Vienna Sausage cans fit in the holes of practice putting greens ( funny how them cans "appear" when the flag is pulled out out in course itself...) ...this is great to view frustrations of why a person cannot sink a short putt...

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 04:07:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure the golf balls are ok in the washer.

However, picking up spilled primers in the reloading room, spent or otherwise, with the wife's new super-duper bagless vacuum will not endear one's self to their significant other.  At least it held together after the detonation(s).  Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

onions!

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 04:44:35 PM »
1 five gallon bucket 1/2 full,a 10% bleach/water solution w/liquid dishsoap.

Let soak 1/s hour.Put the lid on & agitate for a minute or two.Pour contents into laundry room tub/kitchen sink/milk crate.Hose off.Let dry.Play.Reapeat as needed.

No electricity required.Smiley

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 05:00:37 PM »
They put the ball washers out for a reason.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 05:34:17 PM »
Ball Washers are to drive the folks nuts about to tee off.

I was one that did not a take practice swing Just tee the ball up and hit it. Sure messed with folks thinking they were going to distract me...

---

I have the record for the most vacuums "Kilt" by live Primers.  I have Kilt 5 all totaled.  

---

You think using the washer and dryer for Golf Balls/ Shotshell hull is fun...

Wait until the wifey takes a peek in the oven to see what is being "cooked".   Ovens are great for drying paper shotgun hulls...

---

If one has a new washer and dryer coming in anyway...and the old ones are  promised to someone whom teaches Appliance Repair to disabled folks, handicapped, or kids so mechanically inclined, why not clean golf balls/ shotshell hulls?

I mean NOBODY ever keeps the Avocodo Green Washer, with the Harvest Gold Dryer  by fixing them....

"Hot Damn...we can get rid of this mis- match and get the white stuff, and door will open down and not be in the  wrong place..."

---

Yes I had the "Timothy Leary Bad Acid Trip Laundry Room From Hell". BIG, but must have been some good LSD.
Ever Seen Orange and Brown wallpaper? Words do not - there is none to describe the floor.

End Result when I was done. White Whirlpool Washer. Dryer.  Hardwoood floor, Bone White walls, Quail border trim, Ithaca Gun and Winchester Tin Repo Posters. Smooth Ceilings with Florescent lighting.  The HUGE  Pantry/ Laundry Cabinet  [ floor to ceiling and 8' wide, double doors...] was extended into Garage area. Special room where 10k reloaded 12 target loads resided.

onions!

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 06:35:54 PM »
Quote from: sm
Ball Washers are to drive the folks nuts about to tee off.
x2!

Subtle psycological warfare!

The Rangers frown on playing Britney on "10".Wink

telewinz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 06:06:45 AM »
Just ran a "load", no problem.  The spin dry does real well, guess I won't have to use the dryer.
Career Corrections