Author Topic: Worst Coverage of Obama being Pro-gun by Mainstream News?  (Read 1920 times)

wacki

• friend
Worst Coverage of Obama being Pro-gun by Mainstream News?
« on: October 25, 2008, 10:04:04 AM »
As discussed earlier:
FactCheck.org's foundation donates to the Brady Campaign.  Conveniently factcheck.org defends Obama and chastises the NRA.
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=397573

The WashingtonPosts fact check also slams the NRA.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2008/09/nra_misfires_against_obama.html

The media hasn't outed the AHSA for being a covert operation by the Brady Campaign.

CBS isn't exactly a bastion of truth either:
"One of Obama's young volunteers called me up and asked me what he could do to help," Saunders, who casts himself as more pro-gun than the NRA, told CBSNews.com. "I told him to go down to the Hillsville (Virginia) gun show with some fliers with [McCain's] picture on them that said, 'if you elect this guy John McCain president, don't plan on coming back next year.'"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/23/politics/main4472798.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Anyone else seen papers by the mainstream media that depict him as gun friendly?

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Worst Coverage of Obama being Pro-gun by Mainstream News?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 11:22:30 AM »
To MSM, saying hunters who live somewhere other than LA and NYC, somewhere where "those people" live, can keep their single-shot duck guns, that is "being pro-gun"

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »
I haven't seen anything, except for a few ads.  None of my dem friends think he is even remotely pro-gun. 
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 12:08:06 PM »
You can have your duck gun but you can't shoot ducks and you'd better not use lead shot.

Most of my friends have no idea of BHO's position on gun control, and why should they considering it's one of many vital issues that have never really surfaced in the campaigns except tangentially?  Anyone who knows Obama's previous pronouncements and alliances knows exactly where this guy's coming from and what he really wants; there should be no doubt whatsoever about that.

I had lunch with an old friend y'day: he's convinced that Obama will govern from the center.  He doesn't know why but he's sure of it; after all, "Obama's no fool."  No, he's not, but half the American people apparently are fools.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.