Author Topic: Obama -- "Did I say $250K?" I meant...  (Read 7650 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Obama -- "Did I say $250K?" I meant...
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 10:04:51 AM »
"o they still make that? I thought that was mostly pre-H1B and before many companies outsourced their entire IT operations to India. I know of a lot of out-of-work IT sorts."

Of course not. IT as a profession in the United States is extinct.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 10:15:15 AM »
Do they still make that? I thought that was mostly pre-H1B and before many companies outsourced their entire IT operations to India. I know of a lot of out-of-work IT sorts.

If you have real skills (not a couple night classes and a stint at "Geek Squad") and possibly a security clearance, then yes, it's not uncommon to pull down high 5 figures to low 6 figures.  If you have in demand skills, real certs (advanced Cisco, CISSP, etc), and a security clearance, $150k is very possible.  The IT field in NoVa is clicking right along, but you have to have something to offer.  The days of being a burger flipper one day and "IT guy" the next because you took a training course are over.

Chris

Intune

• The Shakes
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
A post of mine from 10/15 on the "Robin Hood" thread.

Quote from: Charby on October 15, 2008, 12:21:35 PM
but $250K will probably be reduced to $40k or less when Obama figures out that very few people in the US make over $250k per year and lot more make $40K. Gotta do if for the folks who are too lazy to get a job.

Intune-
You have it exactly right.  The $250 will drop down to $200, then $150, then he'll come back & tell us, "we need to tighten up our belts just a bit more because there are still people out there who need help, who aren’t proud to be Americans.  We need to finance these people so that they'll be proud like Michelle is now." 

"It was phrased wrong as "The Pursuit Of Happiness."  They meant to say the "Guarantee Of Happiness!"  They have a right to homes and everything else you "rich" people have.  Community workers will be in your area next week to levy your "contribution" to your fellow Americans.  The curfew will remain in effect indefinitely until we get a handle on these radicals who seek to avoid sharing the Dream." 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »
Another question or two: 

Is Obama's tax cut happening before or after the Bush Tax Cut expires? 

Depending on that, will people under $200,000 a year see a net tax increase or a net tax decrease? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »
Is Obama's tax cut happening before or after the Bush Tax Cut expires
I'd assume he'll attack that on 21 Jan 09.  Kill the Bush bill and add his own. 

Depending on that, will people under $200,000 a year see a net tax increase or a net tax decrease
At this point, who knows. 

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 01:05:23 PM »
Another question or two: 

Is Obama's tax cut happening before or after the Bush Tax Cut expires? 

Depending on that, will people under $200,000 a year see a net tax increase or a net tax decrease? 

Those people who pay taxes will see their taxes go up.  Those who don't or those who are rich enough to get exemptions in the law and to hire attorneys/accountants to pursue those exemptions will not.

There is no way the Chosen One can pay for his taxes without both castrating the military and hammering the middle class.  We'll be knee deep in a depression before someone has the guts to tell him he's causing it.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 01:06:08 PM »
Wait'll we get a VAT. After all, it's what they do in Europe.