Author Topic: Well, THERE is a new standard for "foreign influence" on the election...  (Read 2700 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Palestinian Ibrahim Abu Jayab, 24, is seen next to his computer, in his family house in Nusayrat refugee camp, central Gaza Strip, Tuesday, Oct. 28, 2008. A young Palestinian in a Gaza refugee camp is doing his part to get out the vote for Barack Obama. With a little help from the Internet, 24-year-old Ibrahim Abu Jayab is cold calling random American families from his parent's home imploring them to vote Obama.
(AP Photo/Khalil Hamra)

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//081028/481/1caabe54532f44d592c6db0934f62302/

What the HELL?!  :mad:

I also want to know exactly who is paying for the presumed VoIP being used. Someone is funding this.

Who?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:17:42 AM by Manedwolf »

longeyes

• friend
Re: Well, THERE is a new standard for "foreign influence" on the election...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »
And I want to know why the Bush DOJ is sitting on its ass watching irregularities unfold in campaign financing and voter registration?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
And I want to know why the Bush DOJ is sitting on its ass watching irregularities unfold in campaign financing and voter registration?

Summary:

Democrats: cheat cheat cheat LIE CHEAT MANIPULATE LIE LIE LIE LIE

Republicans: durr? hay is Palin going off message? Fix that.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »
Summary:

No kidding.  The Republican Party is becoming increasingly incompetent.  If they continue at this rate, pretty soon they'll be no different than the Libertarian Party.

:P

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 11:32:53 AM »
I realize the Republicans are too busy making their martinis to worry about the theft of the country, but maybe they should be worrying about the questions that are going to be echoing forward, loudly, about this Election.  Grumblings among the masses.  There is the small issue of LEGITIMACY.   That could spell serious social trouble ahead.  Not only will Obama not have a mandate, he is going to look like a usurper.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
Is this sort of thing legal?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »
Is this sort of thing legal?
De jure? Don't know, probably not. De facto, since no one does anything about it if it is illegal? Yes.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
How long before we permit everyone on the planet to vote in our elections?  Are we not citizens of the world?

There has been a lot of foreign influence on this election--Mexican meddling is a prime example--but unfortunately neither Party seems willing to make an issue out of it, not with possible votes at stake.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 02:13:10 PM »
Summary:
No kidding.  The Republican Party is becoming increasingly incompetent.  If they continue at this rate, pretty soon they'll be no different than the Libertarian Party.
Ann Coulter termed the GOP The Stupid Party for a reason . . . she also stated that while she didn't want them to become screaming lunatics like Howard Dean, she'd at least like to see them behave like men once in a while and fight for their platform.

And Bernie Goldberg wrote a book "Crazies to the left of me, wimps on the right" which alludes to the weakness of the GOP.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »
And Bernie Goldberg wrote a book "Crazies to the left of me, wimps on the right" which alludes to the weakness of the GOP.

If there were a generic one-word expression for one "whose fear of the uncertainties of success moves him to surrender at the very moment of victory", it would be "Republican".
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 02:43:50 PM »

Because he left so many Clinton appointees in their jobs to run things while he focused solely on the WOT....and forgot about the "domestic" part of the "defending from enemies foreign and domestic" part of his oath....remember Tennent and Mineta?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »

seeker beat me to it.

Personnel is policy.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 03:12:14 PM »
Personally, I don't think it is that Republicans don't care, it is that too many of them still care what the media thinks and they always get slapped down in the media when they go after stuff like this.  They aren't willing to stand for their principles (if any) despite bad press.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge