Author Topic: WILD WILD WEST: California Cities Cut Police Budgets...  (Read 1573 times)

wacki

• friend
WILD WILD WEST: California Cities Cut Police Budgets...
« on: November 01, 2008, 12:03:37 PM »
That's the title on drudge.  Apparently California can't afford to pay their cops:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122540831980086085.html
According to the FBI, the national average for sworn law-enforcement officers is 2.4 officers per 1,000 residents. In Vallejo's case, there is one officer for every 1,000 residents. Vallejo reported nearly 500 assaults in 2008 through April, according to the latest numbers available, already approaching last year's total of 687 assaults.

maybe they need more gun control laws....  :police: ;/

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
Re: WILD WILD WEST: California Cities Cut Police Budgets...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »
That's the title on drudge.  Apparently California can't afford to pay their cops:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122540831980086085.html
According to the FBI, the national average for sworn law-enforcement officers is 2.4 officers per 1,000 residents. In Vallejo's case, there is one officer for every 1,000 residents. Vallejo reported nearly 500 assaults in 2008 through April, according to the latest numbers available, already approaching last year's total of 687 assaults.
maybe they need more gun control laws....  :police: ;/
Chicago has about 2.8 million residents and 13,000 city cops. About 4.6 cops per thousand residents.  I am betting the 2.4 number is heavily skewed by the number of cops its takes to control the criminal population in urban areas.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »
No, they can't because they have more important things to spend money on:

A) Ever-escalating government pensions and benefits.

B) A vast education budget that from all observation fails to educate--but continues to grow.

C) Social welfare for illegal aliens, currently estimated at over $10 billion a year.

Priorities are priorities, you know.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 03:00:55 PM »
This is not politics.

In the spirit of my new pronouncement, closed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.