Author Topic: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate  (Read 64127 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2008, 08:11:09 AM »

I'm kinda hoping that this falls out.  It would make for delicious gridlock.

And some fantastic riots in all the major cities.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

nate.45

« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2008, 08:39:36 AM »
When I first heard of this months ago, I dismissed as highly implausible, now there seems to be some interesting new evidence coming to light. I still seriously doubt that anything will come of it, but how delicious would it be? I mean if it were proven that Obama was born in Kenya and denied the presidency, I don't know about the rest of you, but I would dance a victory jig. =D
忍者

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2008, 10:34:16 AM »
He is not President until the electoral college votes him and his party into the executive office.

So wouldn't a December 1 invalidation, lead to the Electoral college reassessing their votes?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2008, 10:41:05 AM »
biden or obama? what kinda choice is that? i might chose obama
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »
biden or obama? what kinda choice is that? i might chose obama

Biden would be pure entertainment, he opens his mouth and his foot hits him in the back of the throat. He would make Dan Quayle look like a genius.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2008, 03:05:26 PM »
Maybe that's why Joe agreed to be the VP. Maybe he knows something we don't.(Yea, I have the tin foil hat on today)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2008, 05:00:10 PM »
So being born to a US citizen doesn't confer citizenship to the child automatically? Regardless of where the child is born?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:03:56 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

taurusowner

« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2008, 05:02:31 PM »
So being born to a US citizen doesn't infer citizenship to the child automatically? Regardless of where the child is born?

AFAIK, to simply be a regular person/citizen, yes.  To be eligible for the Office of the President, no.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »
So being born to a US citizen doesn't confer citizenship to the child automatically? Regardless of where the child is born?

Nope,

Also, the electoral college may chose McCain (or me, or Mike Irwin or the Flying Spaghetti Monster) as President, nothing says they have to pick whomever won the popular vote.  they have done so in the past.  (IIRC, John Anderson got one EC vote from Illinois, in the 1980 election.)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2008, 03:42:11 AM »
AFAIK, to simply be a regular person/citizen, yes.  To be eligible for the Office of the President, no.

Actually,  it isn't quite clear.  US law provides for only two classes of citizenship:  1. At birth, 2. through naturalization.  There is a not a specific definition of the term "natural born citizen."  So, the argument goes, that if you did not have to go though the naturalization process, you are a citizen at birth and therefore natural born. 

This is a matter that needs some clarification that would be in line with the intent of the natural born citizen requirement.  Namely to ensure there are not undue foreign influence on the office. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

nate.45

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2008, 05:07:01 AM »
Obama Is Not A Natural Born U.S. Citizen And Is Therefore Ineligible For The Presidency / Documentary Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTs1YyhFRg

Philip Berg presents a strong case and I can't for the life of me figure out why a man of his stature would go to these lengths unless there were something to it.

Perhaps Berg was doing all this at the behest of the Clintons and now that Obama is president elect it will all fade away, who knows its only a small hope, but better than no hope at all. =)
忍者

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2008, 12:17:17 PM »
who knows its only a small hope, but better than no hope at all. smiley

Is it Hope we can believe in?  :lol:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

nate.45

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »
Is it Hope we can believe in?

Most certainly, but only if you have the audacity to have it. :lol:
忍者

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2008, 03:16:55 AM »
Nope,

Also, the electoral college may chose McCain (or me, or Mike Irwin or the Flying Spaghetti Monster) as President, nothing says they have to pick whomever won the popular vote.  they have done so in the past.  (IIRC, John Anderson got one EC vote from Illinois, in the 1980 election.)

Actually some states have laws specifying how the electors must vote.
Look, tiny text!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
http://www.nbcaugusta.com/news/elections/presheadlines/34587804.html

Augusta Staff
Story Published: Nov 18, 2008 at 9:52 AM EST
Story Updated: Nov 18, 2008 at 8:16 PM EST
SACRAMENTO, Calif.- A former opponent of Barack Obama's has come back to haunt him over questions regarding Obama's citizenship.
According to a press release from the American Independent Party, former presidential candidate Alan Keyes and other members of the party have filed suit in California Superior Court in Sacramento to stop the state from giving its electoral votes to President-elect Barack Obama until documentary evidence is provided to prove Obama is indeed a natural born citizen of the United States.
Keyes also ran against Obama as a Republican for the U.S. Senate seat in Illinois in 2004. Obama won that election to serve his first and only term in the U.S. Senate.
The Obama campaign countered similar accusations early in 2008 by posting Obama's certification of live birth, and saying: "Barack Obama was born in the state of Hawaii in 1961, a native citizen of the United States of America."
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 10:28:32 PM »
Alan Keyes isn't "haunting" Obama-he's creating buzz that will haunt opponents of Obama in 2012, when laughter at the ridiculous theories they peddled in 2008 will be used to discredit their opposition to Obama's re-election.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »
"They posted" as in posted on the innernet.
That and two low level underlings in a blue state will not even get regular folks a passport!
Posting stuff on the interweb will not suffice imo.
Does B.O have a passport btw?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #92 on: November 19, 2008, 02:36:20 PM »

Does B.O have a passport btw?

He has an Indonesian one, that he used to travel to Pakistan.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sam

« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2008, 12:47:59 PM »
Try getting a passport with a COLB sometime. :laugh:

Sam

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »

Sam

heck my sister had a hard time with wake island on her birth certificate. the girl at the state dept had to check to see if she was a citizen :O
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2008, 03:48:34 PM »

Sam

I don't know why you think it would be a problem.  I had no trouble getting a passport with mine. And neither did my son. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2008, 08:35:45 PM »
Well, try getting a passport with a COLB that can only be viewed online, telling the passport office that it can be vouched for by two health dept officials.
So they do not need to examine it in their own hands.

It should be noted that these two low level employees of a very blue state probably do not need any kind of background check for their job, a GED would suffice, heck, they may be relatives of Barry for all I know.

Two low level state employees have the power to keep proof of barry's citizenship status for themselves?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

ronnyreagan

« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
Yes, until Obama's actual original certificate is mailed in a wax sealed envelope, one at a time, to every citizen in the country for their personal verification, the inauguration must be put on hold. Otherwise how can we know for sure??? Just for security, maybe the certificate should be wrapped in tin foil and then sealed in the envelope. You never know what those sneaky liberal elites are going to pull over on us! For that matter how do we even know that he's human? Maybe they're trying to get a martian elected in attempt to enslave the entire human race. We need to see DNA tests too! I won't accept some paid stooge doctor (who could very well also be an alien) to just get on TV and say he's human. I won't believe it unless I administer the DNA tests myself. That's reasonable isn't it?
You have to respect the president, whether you agree with him or not.
Obama, however, is not the president since a Kenyan cannot legally be the U.S. President ;/

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2008, 12:43:04 AM »
Yes, until Obama's actual original certificate is mailed in a wax sealed envelope, one at a time, to every citizen in the country for their personal verification, the inauguration must be put on hold. Otherwise how can we know for sure??? Just for security, maybe the certificate should be wrapped in tin foil and then sealed in the envelope. You never know what those sneaky liberal elites are going to pull over on us! For that matter how do we even know that he's human? Maybe they're trying to get a martian elected in attempt to enslave the entire human race. We need to see DNA tests too! I won't accept some paid stooge doctor (who could very well also be an alien) to just get on TV and say he's human. I won't believe it unless I administer the DNA tests myself. That's reasonable isn't it?

I'll be happy if the SCOTUS is affirmatively satisfied with his eligibility, thank you very much.

I'll be displeased if they side-step the issue based on "standing" or lack thereof, and leave it inconclusively in the air.  I want a solid "Yes, he's a friggin' citizen" spelled out in legalese.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2008, 12:50:29 AM »
Why isn't the birth certificate enough?  Obviously he can't forward the thing to every American who doubts him, but he posted it online and let third parties see it in person.

I have a feeling that a notarized letter from Jesus wouldn't satisfy some.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."