Author Topic: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate  (Read 64173 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: SCOTUS wants to see Obama's Birth Certificate
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2008, 12:55:47 AM »
Why isn't the birth certificate enough?  Obviously he can't forward the thing to every American who doubts him, but he posted it online and let third parties see it in person.

I have a feeling that a notarized letter from Jesus wouldn't satisfy some.

Because it's exactly the same thing as the Ron Paul supporters who wanted to try and persuade RNC delegates to switch from McCain to RP at the last minute and didn't listen to anybody who told them that's just not done any more.

People lost the real contest and are now hoping to invoke some obscure rule to help them win.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2008, 12:57:36 AM »
 Barrack  :O HUSSEIN :O Obama is really a Kenyan Al-Qaeda operative, sneaked into the US in a cargo container at the age of 2 months, to later be raised and educated as an American Citizen, with the sole mission of obtaining the Presidency in his adulthood. He will then fulfill the Prophecy and become the slayer of the Great Western Devil: as POTUS he will have access to our nukes, which he will launch against our cities in an evil surprise attack from within...  of course he will do only that after he abducts all the white women and ships them overseas for Lord knows what...

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2008, 11:57:01 AM »
It's not "an obsure rule."

It's The Rule of Law.

Every day we seem to find new ways to do an end-run around law and responsibility.  Then we wonder why we are where we are.

If we lose the Rule of Law--and we are on the verge of that with so many governmental actions going rogue--we will end as a nation of fascist authoritarians and freelance outlaws.  Is that what we want?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2008, 03:21:15 PM »
Look. Realistically, Obama has been elected by a majority of the people. He has (unfortunately) the support of America's political elite and the endorsement of the media, who control public opinion. Do you think they're going to give up on their darling EVEN IF [which I doubt] people can cast doubt on his birth place?

Unfortunately, Obama's election is but a mere manifestation of how completely skewed the structure of American/Western society is. You can't turn this around by coming up with proof he's not been born in America, and I suspect he was.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
if he was born to a kenyan dad and mom was 17 the law then does not favor him
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

ShelleyB.

« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »
if he was born to a kenyan dad and mom was 17 the law then does not favor him

The "law" won't affect the outcome in this case.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
"The "law" won't affect the outcome in this case."

i believe that to be true sadly

wish i could say otherwise
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2008, 07:47:30 PM »
I'm as cynical as the next guy, but if The Law doesn't matter, what more is there to say?  If the political elites and the media can safely ignore the law, we have closed the bulkhead door behind us...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2008, 07:58:32 PM »
I'm as cynical as the next guy, but if The Law doesn't matter, what more is there to say?  If the political elites and the media can safely ignore the law, we have closed the bulkhead door behind us...

The law does matter-the problem here is that there's no controversy to which it applies. 
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2008, 08:53:09 PM »
I agree that Obama will be president regardless of the law or his birth place.

Not to pick on Micro, but I would like to point out this quote from him:
Realistically, Obama has been elected by a majority of the people.
While true, majority rule is not how the election operates, as I'm sure you know.  Maybe it was a slip-of-the-tongue, or just a convienent idea, but I really dislike how the majority of the people refer to the US as a democracy. 

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.  =D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2008, 09:35:33 PM »
[quote  Maybe it was a slip-of-the-tongue, or just a convienent idea, but I really dislike how the majority of the people refer to the US as a democracy.
[/quote]

Yes, but the electors had not physically voted yet. Therefore it would be incorrect for me to say that he had been elected by the majority of the electors' vote.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2008, 03:14:37 AM »
Why isn't the birth certificate enough?  Obviously he can't forward the thing to every American who doubts him, but he posted it online and let third parties see it in person.

I have a feeling that a notarized letter from Jesus wouldn't satisfy some.

Why are a few of you liberal types so keen on keeping his proof of citizenship away from scrutiny?
It isn't tin foil hat territory to want proof of American citizenry.
Why isn't the birth certificate enough
I guess you have not been paying attention, there is NO birth cert to look at.

2 State employees imho can not be trusted to this extent., I've worked for the city of SF ( a corrupt  liberal mess ) I'm sure Hawaii is worse.

I mean CRAP! he has RELATIVES that are illegal aliens!!!!

If you don't find that suspicious then you're just plain deep in the tank for B.O
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2008, 03:19:59 AM »
Shootinstudent has a few outlandish beliefs, but a liberal he is not.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »

Why are a few of you liberal types so keen on keeping his proof of citizenship away from scrutiny?
It isn't tin foil hat territory to want proof of American citizenry.

First of all, people who might disagree with you are not necessarily liberals.  Some have looked at the "evidence" and have not been persuaded.  That is not being "in the tank." for anyone.  Besides, it's not as if some of the people pushing the "BHO secret muslim not really a US citizen" ideas don't have axes to grind. 

I'm all for scrutiny.  There certainly has been a lot of scrutiny that has come up with a lot of dead ends which get turned into innuendo.  All of this scrutiny does not change certain facts:  Obama has supplied an electronic copy of his Hawaiian birth certificate that meets the State Department requirements. There was a birth announcement in the Hawaiian papers that announced his birth.  At the time these were posted by the bureau of health statistics.  To my mind these two things are very persuasive.   

I mean CRAP! he has RELATIVES that are illegal aliens!!!!

This has nothing to do with his status.  The fact that he has relatives that are a half brother or half sister to his estranged father does not have a bearing on his status. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2008, 07:59:14 AM »
Yes, but the electors had not physically voted yet. Therefore it would be incorrect for me to say that he had been elected by the majority of the electors' vote.

Ah, well, if you want to be technically correct then there is no HopeChange for you. </sarcasm>  :laugh:
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Obama has supplied an electronic copy of his Hawaiian birth certificate that meets the State Department requirements.
Requirements for what?    U.S Passport?   Security clearance?, That a Pres elect doesn't have a U.S passport is strange.
There was a birth announcement in the Hawaiian papers that announced his birth
This is the first time I've heard this.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

ShelleyB.

« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »

The political elite and media have safely ignored the law for years. It's a snowball that's finally gotten so large it blots out the sun. "Democratic elections" have been dead for a long time.

ShelleyB.

« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
Obama has supplied an electronic copy of his Hawaiian birth certificate that meets the State Department requirements. There was a birth announcement in the Hawaiian papers that announced his birth.  At the time these were posted by the bureau of health statistics. 

An electronic copy might be good enough for Pizza Hut, but this is the Presidency of the United States of America! I can't think of anywhere my electronic copy has been good enough. It's always been the original or certified copy. But then I'm a peon.

Yeah, what Hawaiian paper published the announcement? I suppose that was supplied electronically?

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2008, 08:02:21 PM »
55,000 petitioners to Obama - If you are eligible, show us the proof.

WEBWIRE – Monday, November 24, 2008
CONTACT INFORMATION
Judith Abarbanel
Marketing Director
WND Books
310-961-4170
marketing@wndbooks.com
Washington, DC (Nov. 24, 2008) -- Over 55,000 people have signed a petition coordinated by WND (WorldNetDaily) founder and editor Joseph Farah that demands documentation of President-elect Barack Obama’s eligibility to hold the highest office in the U.S., not just assurances from party officials.

A report accompanying the petition posted on WND.com, the Internet’s leading independent news source, explains the many questions raised about Obama’s eligibility, from an apparently fabricated "Certification of Live Birth" posted online to questions about what nation’s passport he used during to travel to Pakistan.

Obama is still refusing to disclose to the American public something as innocent and as basic as his full, undoctored birth certificate to establish beyond any shadow of a doubt – a doubt that is growing daily – that he is a natural-born American citizen.

"Ironically, now that the election is over, the pressure is building" notes Farah. "A few bold members of Congress are getting interested in demanding hearings on the birth certificate issue. The lawsuits are increasing. More pundits and activists are beginning to mobilize regarding this critical Constitutional issue"

The petition, which is directed to the Electoral College, the FEC, Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, can be viewed at www.wnd.com. Posted last Friday, it has already been signed by over 55,000 people. It reads as follows:

"Whereas, by requirement of the United States Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, no one can be sworn into office as president of the United States without being a natural born citizen;

"Whereas, there is sufficient controversy within the citizenry of the United States as to whether presidential election winner Barack Obama was actually born in Hawaii as he claims;

"Whereas, Barack Obama has refused repeated calls to release publicly his entire Hawaiian birth certificate, which would include the actual hospital that performed the delivery;

"Whereas, lawsuits filed in several states seeking only proof of the basic minimal standard of eligibility have been rebuffed;

"Whereas, Hawaii at the time of Obama’s birth allowed births that took place in foreign countries to be registered in Hawaii;

"Whereas, concerns that our government is not taking this constitutional question seriously will result in diminished confidence in our system of free and fair elections;

"We, the undersigned, assert our rights as citizens of the United States in demanding that the constitutional eligibility requirement be taken seriously and that any and all controlling legal authorities in this matter examine the complete birth certificate of Barack Obama, including the actual city and hospital of birth, and make that document available to the American people for inspection"

To join the thousands who have already signed the petition, visit WorldNetDaily at www.wnd.com.

About WND:
WND.com is the Internet’s leading independent news source.

To interview Joseph Farah:
Contact Judy at marketing@wndbooks.com, (310) 961-4170.

##

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2008, 10:26:50 PM »
An electronic copy might be good enough for Pizza Hut, but this is the Presidency of the United States of America! I can't think of anywhere my electronic copy has been good enough. It's always been the original or certified copy. But then I'm a peon.

Yeah, what Hawaiian paper published the announcement? I suppose that was supplied electronically?

Okay, so is he supposed to order 290 million certified copies and send them to every American, or does the fact that he made the one original that he has supplied available to the media for inspection count as well enough?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2008, 12:14:31 AM »
Requirements for what?    U.S Passport?   Security clearance?, That a Pres elect doesn't have a U.S passport is strange.

Yes to both.  This COLB has just as much information on it as John McCain's "official" birth certificate. It is certified to be accurate by the appropriate state officials.  Additionally, I find it extremely difficult that he made it this far in his political life (especially as a Senator on the Foreign Relations committee) without being vetted on this issue.

Who says he doesn't have a passport?  That would be very odd considering there was a big dustup earlier this year about State Department contractors accessing Obama's, McCain's, And Hillary Clinton's Passport Records

This is the first time I've heard this.

Oh then it must not be true!!!  :rolleyes:

This has been all over the internet since July.  I guess your reasoning has fallen victim to a serious dose of selection bias. The Ironic thing is that the announcements were found by a PUMA who was looking to discredit Obama in her documentary.  She has since moved on to the convoluted rathole of trying to prove that he renounced his citizenship in Indonesia. Maybe you should start looking for information that supports that theory. You could find some common ground with some Hillary supporters.   =D

Papers:
The Honolulu Advertiser   
The Star Bulletin

Give them a call.  At the time, both papers printed information from obtained from the health department, not from relatives. 

The information has been found in the local libraries on Microfiche. But I guess those were probably forged too.   ;/
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2008, 04:59:23 AM »
Yes to both.  This COLB has just as much information on it as John McCain's "official" birth certificate. It is certified to be accurate by the appropriate state officials.  Additionally, I find it extremely difficult that he made it this far in his political life (especially as a Senator on the Foreign Relations committee) without being vetted on this issue.

Who says he doesn't have a passport?  That would be very odd considering there was a big dustup earlier this year about State Department contractors accessing Obama's, McCain's, And Hillary Clinton's Passport Records

Oh then it must not be true!!!  :rolleyes:

This has been all over the internet since July.  I guess your reasoning has fallen victim to a serious dose of selection bias. The Ironic thing is that the announcements were found by a PUMA who was looking to discredit Obama in her documentary.  She has since moved on to the convoluted rathole of trying to prove that he renounced his citizenship in Indonesia. Maybe you should start looking for information that supports that theory. You could find some common ground with some Hillary supporters.   =D

Papers:
The Honolulu Advertiser   
The Star Bulletin

Give them a call.  At the time, both papers printed information from obtained from the health department, not from relatives. 

The information has been found in the local libraries on Microfiche. But I guess those were probably forged too.   ;/

hey all I said I hadn't heard that, didn't say it was true or not.

I have heard it was common in the sixties to bring your infant in and claim he was born here.

If it is so dang obvious, why is SCOTUS getting involved?

I think extra scrutiny is warranted due to his Aunts status.

ctdonath

• friend
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2008, 09:39:55 AM »
Why isn't the birth certificate enough?

It is. When he shows it, we'll be satisfied.

What he has shown is not a birth certificate, and is inadequate for reasons which have been widely discussed.
Now reading: The Unthinkable, The Age of Innocence
Recently read: 1491

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »
Okay, so is he supposed to order 290 million certified copies and send them to every American, or does the fact that he made the one original that he has supplied available to the media for inspection count as well enough?

I'm sorry but that's the most inane thing you've ever suggested. And since when is the media a recognized authority with the legal power to certify one as eligible to be the president of the USA? Like I said: INANE...   ;/

What he is supposed to do is supply a certified copy or better yet his verifiable original birth certificate to the appropriate authority for verification of his eligibility to be president of the United States.

If he's legal WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM?

What's the big deal. Hand over the proof to whom ever needs it - probably the supremes in this case.

If your every day American can produce one for the DMV to get a driver license it really shouldn't be all that big of a deal for the annointed one to hand over his to the proper authorities.

OH  :O WAIT! We can't do that. Even suggesting such a thing makes one a racist.  :rolleyes:
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »
WND petition is now at almost 77K.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!