Author Topic: On THR one Member said Obama did not have a platform on guns...  (Read 2848 times)

hoosier8

On THR one Member said Obama did not have a platform on guns...
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »
Of course, except for this in the Obama web page issues.

Address Gun Violence in Cities:  As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
Re: On THR one Member said Obama did not have a platform on guns...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:56:40 PM »
I think that's been quoted in another thread here. He's not changing his mind.

He's also "threatened" to use his executive powers as soon as he takes office, as well.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:59:33 PM »
He's got a voting record.

I find it ironic he stands for "change" and "progress" but took very few opportunities to actually vote on anything... :rolleyes:

http://obama.senate.gov/votes/index.cfm?start=101
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

wacki

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 08:04:28 PM »
There are quite a few people on THR that believe the Brady campaign is astroturfing there.  Given some of the replies,  I can't help but think it would be crazy to rule that possibility out.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »
There are quite a few people on THR that believe the Brady campaign is astroturfing there.

Uh, that would require employees and employees would require money.

I don't think they have much of either.

People can get awful defensive about their choices in elections, especially that "big one" where we elect Lord of All Things in the eyes of most voters.  Deep down we all know we voted for a turd sammich, or somebody without a chance, we just don't like to admit it.  Well, except the 3rd party folks.  They'll admit their candidate didn't have a chance.  I knew that when I threw down my mark next to Chuck Baldwin's name this year.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 09:45:17 AM »

SOROS.

grumpyguido

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
I firmly believe that he will come after guns and gun owners at his earliest opportunity.
MSG, USA, RET

ctdonath

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 02:37:37 PM »
this in the Obama web page issues.

Can't get there from the home page anymore.
Now reading: The Unthinkable, The Age of Innocence
Recently read: 1491

Kwelz

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
While I don't think it is going to be his first priority, I have no question that he will come after firearms wihin the first couple years of his term. 

wacki

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »

People can get awful defensive about their choices in elections, especially that "big one" where we elect Lord of All Things in the eyes of most voters.  Deep down we all know we voted for a turd sammich, or somebody without a chance, we just don't like to admit it.  Well, except the 3rd party folks.  They'll admit their candidate didn't have a chance.  I knew that when I threw down my mark next to Chuck Baldwin's name this year.

so you are saying the McCain voters are just paranoid and the THR posters that claim Obama is pro-gun are level headed?

um... ok. :rolleyes: