Author Topic: this should make maned wolf chuckle  (Read 9267 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
this should make maned wolf chuckle
« on: November 10, 2008, 07:10:05 AM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/29/AR2008102903398.html
mpressive weapons array protected NH tax evaders

Four supporters of Ed and Elaine Brown have been sent to prison for helping the couple resist efforts to arrest them since their convictions on tax-related felonies in January 2007. The Browns threatened violence if federal agents came onto their Plainfield property to arrest them, and authorities said the four supporters made similar threats, as well.

On Tuesday, one of those supporters, Daniel Riley, 40, of Cohoes, N.Y., received a 36-year prison term that includes a mandatory 30 years for making and using a destructive device in a crime of violence.
ad_icon

Among the explosive devices prosecutors say were seized on the Browns' property were nine homemade antipersonnel mines intended to fire shotgun shells from trees when approaching marshals hit tripwires. Prosecutors said Riley built those mines and brought in a rifle.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: this should make maned wolf chuckle
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »
Yeah, I know about it...and yeah, he really did build a bunch of DDs. There was everything from rigged shotgun-shell "poor man's claymore" tripwire devices to big bottles of Tannerite hidden with orange splotches facing the house so they could be hit. There was a Serbu .50 facing out a window, loaded, and apparently another up in the house's turret.

They did intend to kill agents, yes. So yes, his 36 year PMITA Fed Prison sentence will definitely stand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:11:31 AM »
Please refresh my memory:  How much did they owe again? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
Please refresh my memory:  How much did they owe again? 

I believe it was something over $600,000, since they'd decided they didn't have any obligation to pay any income taxes over ten years ago, and embarked on a complicated tax fraud scheme using money orders and the like to avoid reporting income. They got caught, and immediately cried that income tax was illegal. Instead of appearing for their court date, they holed up in their concrete-walled complex and swore they wouldn't be taken alive, and Ed Brown threatened that his supporters would kill the families of law enforcement if they came for him. Brown had a prior conviction for armed robbery in Mass, but had been pardoned by Dukakis, which was why he was able to purchase firearms.

In other words, violent loons. They're not getting out of jail anytime soon, and their property has been auctioned to pay off some of the tax debt.

They COULD have only been up for tax fraud, and worked out a payment plan if they'd gone to court like sane people.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:45:26 AM »
Yeah, how dare they stand up for themselves. They should of just kowtowed to the government and paid there income tax. After all it is what "sane" people would do.  ;/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »
Yeah, how dare they stand up for themselves. They should of just kowtowed to the government and paid there income tax. After all it is what "sane" people would do.  ;/

Oh, knock it off. Preparing to kill law enforcement and threatening to kill their families are the actions of an insane and violent thug, not a "patriot".

Think before you open your mouth and spill that sort of garbage.

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 12:06:48 PM »
they were stupid in how they attempted to tax cheat. were they trying to get caught?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
they were stupid in how they attempted to tax cheat. were they trying to get caught?

Obviously, yes. That was the entire POINT of their stupidity, provoke FedGov and earn a glorious stand.

It's not like they actually cheated on a BIG sum of money. Greed was never the function here, stupidity was.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 12:12:58 PM »
oh they were greedy  just stupid at it

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 12:16:02 PM »
Sometimes it is just easier and wiser to pay the Danegeld  =|

But what about when they come to take your house, etc so that they can "redistribute" it ???   :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 12:23:45 PM »
oh they were greedy  just stupid at it

Upon inquiry I found out (through Wikipedia) that they owed $625,000 in taxes. I now agree with you.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME NOW!

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
Yeah, how dare they stand up for themselves. They should of just kowtowed to the government and paid there income tax. After all it is what "sane" people would do.

Freakazoid, are you sure you didn't mistake Armed Polite Society for the Montana Freemen discussion forum you wanted to post the above in? 

I'll give you a hint.  It's not.   =|
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
Is there really a Montana Freeman discussion forum? Or where you just saying that to make a point?  Serious question.

And on your point... I thought people here believed in freedom? So your telling me that you would rather live on your knees?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 02:33:59 PM »
Is there really a Montana Freeman discussion forum? Or where you just saying that to make a point?  Serious question.

And on your point... I thought people here believed in freedom? So your telling me that you would rather live on your knees?

When my wife pisses me off I don't hit her. When the tax man comes I don't shoot him. Over-reaction != patriotism. Being violently stupid doesn't help "the cause" it alienates reasonable people and gets you thrown in jail.

And I thought you were off to boot camp?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 02:37:55 PM »
When my wife pisses me off I don't hit her. When the tax man comes I don't shoot him. Over-reaction != patriotism. Being violently stupid doesn't help "the cause" it alienates reasonable people and gets you thrown in jail.

So when they come to take your guns you just hand them over?

And I thought you were off to boot camp?

I thought so too :(, "So on my way up there I get a call that I will in fact not be able to go. I was at first able to go because someone else dropped out so I got to take there place. But apparently when my recruiter was having some paper work taken care of the higher up person for the country said that I couldn't go. Apparently they only had room for 97 and at the time they had 98 so they were just waiting for someone to drop out, but no one told my MEPs people. The Master Chief even come and apologized to me because of the inconvenience, because I found out I was going to be able to leave just yesterday at around 4:30 I had short notice to quite my job and stuff. They were pretty mad about what was happening to me but they couldn't do anything because it was coming from above them. So it is back to my regular schedule of leaving on April 8, but they said that if there was an opening before then that I would be the first to be able to go." I wish I was going. But hopefully someone else decides not to and I can take there place.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »
Freakazoid, this is Armed Polite Society.

It's a publically-viewed forum for RKBA proponents, as well as fence-sitters and others who may not necessarily be pro-gun, but are brave enough to venture into the forum with a desire to get a feel for what we're all about.

I'd like to think they can do that without leaving in disgust. 

We don't broadcast armed revolt here, we don't demand violent overthrow of the government, and we don't advertise that we're stockpiling weapons to fend off the pending invasion of U.N. Blue Helmets.  We can certainly joke about it and the tinfoil hattery that begets such bravado, but it's definitely not within the charter of this forum to advocate such things.

You can state that you think income/property/sales/inheritance taxes are an abomination,  or that if gun confiscations happen they'll get your firearms bullets first.   

But do us a favor, and save the "sane people" rhetoric for a different forum.  The folks referenced via the OP were just a bit over the top with respect to tax dodgers, and posts like yours don't help the APS mission a whole lot. 

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 02:48:55 PM »
did he look at the amount of income they hid?  they were members of the oppressors not comrades in arms.  she also played games with her employees with holding. did she draft them into "le cause"?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
We don't broadcast armed revolt here, we don't demand violent overthrow of the government, and we don't advertise that we're stockpiling weapons to fend off the pending invasion of U.N. Blue Helmets.  We can certainly joke about it and the tinfoil hattery that begets such bravado, but it's definitely not within the charter of this forum to advocate such things.

But... my plans for world domination...  =D

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:58:05 PM by Gewehr98 »

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 03:08:10 PM »
Upon inquiry I found out (through Wikipedia) that they owed $625,000 in taxes. I now agree with you.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME NOW!

This is why I am also SERIOUSLY cautioning you about getting involved with the Free Staters. Because they've got themselves heavily entwined with the Browns. Even now, people who identify themselves as part of that movement are involved in correspondence with the Browns, trying to take care of their affairs and property. They have been trying to visit this now-convicted felon, offering what's pretty much material support to someone now in federal custody for offering material support to someone who threatened to kill the families of federal agents. Their posts are all over a board heavily monitored by the feds. That is some seriously deep sh__ you do NOT want to get involved with in any way. I am not kidding.

If you want to come to the US, DO NOT GET INVOLVED. Because you WILL be put on a watch list, you WILL be watched, and there's a very, very good chance your visa will be denied and you'll be sent back as an "undesirable" if you get involved with these people who have tied themselves to the Browns, Mr. Riley and the others in this little terrorist drama.

Just don't. If you're wise, don't.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 03:10:14 PM »
Even now, people who identify themselves as part of that movement are involved in correspondence with the Browns, trying to take care of their affairs and property

Are you implying Richard Anthony Heller is involved with the Browns?

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
Are you implying Richard Anthony Heller is involved with the Browns?

Okay, fine. Don't take the advice! Go ahead and correspond with people whose every email is going right into a Fed analysis filter.

Don't you dare wonder why your visa gets yanked by the State Department and why you get sent back, then.

There are some things you just really need to keep your distance from, especially if you're wanting to come from a hotbed region to the US. You don't want to raise flags. It's called common sense.

And this is not a game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:18:29 PM by Manedwolf »

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »
So when they come to take your guns you just hand them over?

That's different. Taxes are only relatively small amounts of money, they may even be (gasp!) necessary. They're not worth risking ones life over.

But what about when they come to take your house, etc so that they can "redistribute" it ???   :O

Covering fire and run.  =D Ye can't beat them all.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »
=D

« Last Edit: Today at 11:58:05 AM by Gewehr98 »

lol, thanks Gewehr98,  :lol:

That's different. Taxes are only relatively small amounts of money, they may even be (gasp!) necessary. They're not worth risking ones life over.

Yeah but taxes=communism.  :O  :lol:

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »
Okay, fine. Don't take the advice! Go ahead and correspond with people whose every email is going right into a Fed analysis filter.

I 'correspond' on a routine basis with three members of the Project. One of them works in high-paid IT in New Hampshire, one is my fiancee (who still hasn't moved in, but is a member of the Project nonetheless) and one is a lady who moved into NH six months ago. None of these people are connected to the Browns. If you think talking to my fiancee is going to get my F-1 yanked, you're wrong. If you think I'll stop talking to my fiancee in fear of getting my F-1 denied, you are wrong.

In addition, I've had articles published in various US periodicals and print media under my real name, some of which I've been paid for, others for free. I've expressed my political opinion - which, as you've noticed, is perfectly legitimate and does not advocate any armed overthrow of the US government or anything like that - publicly and loudly multiple times, including Israeli national TV. If my opinions will put me on a list, I am already on that list.

In addition to that, the Project (as you should WELL KNOW) does not organize local activity of any type. It simply signs people up who want to move in. There are four FSP members in the NH state legislature. I somehow don't think my visa is going to get denied for being associated with them.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »
MB, if you consider yourself a smart person, you'll understand where that line is between being a vocal opponent, and making yourself an easy target. 

Likewise, if Freakazoid enters the military as a prospective nuke sub tech, and they do his background investigation, I sure's heck wouldn't want what he posted on an RKBA forum, in jest or otherwise, to be a factor, know what I mean?

And yes, they do look into such things. Trust me.  =|