Author Topic: A source of disinformation and propoganda exposed  (Read 8968 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
A source of disinformation and propoganda exposed
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:03:21 AM »
Palin not knowing Africa was a continent, Joe the plumber related to Charles Keating, angry calls from the Hilton’s over McCains comments...all lies

Propaganda rules the weak minded here in the states.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/arts/television/13hoax.html?hp
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 10:14:43 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: A source of disinformation and propoganda exposed
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »
Heh.  I can't say I'm supprised...

agricola

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »
Palin not knowing Africa was a continent, Joe the plumber related to Charles Keating, angry calls from the Hilton’s over McCains comments...all lies

Propaganda rules the weak minded here in the states.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/arts/television/13hoax.html?hp

Huge media apology in 3....2..... (dies after holding breath waiting for apology)
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:04:17 AM »
It may have been a joke but it was a vicious joke.  This comes out AFTER the election.  They are re-tabulating votes in some of the states where the result was close or challenged.  The US needs to figure out a new voting system.  Personally, I lean toward the orginal constitutional approach where voting is limted to property owners and age.  And as far as internet goes, believe what you want to.  Anyone can make any claim they want to about a public figure without concern for litigation or truth. And now we have the Obomination as president elect.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 01:45:42 PM »
I lean toward the orginal constitutional approach where voting is limted to property owners and age. 

Where is that found in the Constitution?  I assume you refer to the U.S. Constitution? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »
Personally, I lean toward the orginal constitutional approach where voting is limted to property owners and age. 

Interesting.  Also, no women or blacks, I presume?

We're no longer an agrarian society.  Ownership of real property does not, and should not any longer determine the weight given to one's opinions.  I certainly don't see the point in tying essential societal functions to owning land.  Whole lots of people elect not to own land simply to preserve resources and/or avoid debt.  I have a problem with a lot of legislation designed to force people into "environmentalism", but I'm all for people choosing to avoid debt or avoid needless consumption by renting an apartment rather than purchase a single family home. 

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 08:47:10 PM »

We're no longer an agrarian society.  Ownership of real property does not, and should not any longer determine the weight given to one's opinions.  I certainly don't see the point in tying essential societal functions to owning land.  Whole lots of people elect not to own land simply to preserve resources and/or avoid debt.  I have a problem with a lot of legislation designed to force people into "environmentalism", but I'm all for people choosing to avoid debt or avoid needless consumption by renting an apartment rather than purchase a single family home. 

The property owning qualification back then meant that the people that were voting were contributors to society.

We don't need the property owning qualification idea these days, but how about we don't let people on the public dole vote. I'm for that, even though it would disqualify me...due to my federal loans and scholarships...

If you are a leach on society, you shouldn't get to vote. Particularly if your entire income is welfare. Makes it harder for politicians to buy your vote with promises of seizing other people's money and giving it to you...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
damn straight. Especially disabled vets. Leeches don't need to vote.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 09:38:09 PM »
I think we should get back on topic
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »
A friend tried to tell me that Palin stuff, I asked him what State did Biden rep? He had no clue.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »

Interestingly, there were some women who voted back in those days.  But of course, that was because they were single women who owned property.   =)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 10:52:52 PM »

Yup.  I agree wholeheartedly.  We disabled vets are a terrible drain on society, and my wife tells me I'm an absolute pain in the ass, to boot...   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

taurusowner

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »

The vets provided a service.  The welfare types did not.  Veteran disability is a type of payment for services rendered to the nation.  Those on welfare have no such claim to having performed a service.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 11:01:02 PM »

Did I read this wrong? Disabled vets are "leeches"? That is not what you meant, right?
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 11:28:56 PM »
She was being sarcastic. 

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 11:40:01 PM »
Interestingly, there were some women who voted back in those days.  But of course, that was because they were single women who owned property.   smiley

I've heard something about this before. Wasn't in New Hampshire or something? Supposed to be the first time in history of women voting?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 12:35:37 AM »
You might have heard it from me.  I read about it in a book called Vindicating the Founders by Thomas G. West.  There's a chapter on property requirements for voting, with a chart of suffrage requirements in the state constitutions, in the revolutionary/founding era.  Some states had property requirements, some awarded suffrage to those who paid taxes, some had neither. 

New Jersey was actually the world capitol of female suffrage, if I remember right, but I believe West found female and black voters in other states.  Like I said, the women who voted were usually those who had property, but had no husband/father/brother, or other male to manage their affairs.  Due to femme covert, women's property was considered to be their .    Never mind.  I was going to explain it, but I'd probably botch it.  Here's a link.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femme_covert

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »
Well back on the topic, the damage has been huge.
Right now I'm surrounded by people who still think those news reports were true.
They bought the big lie that somehow mccain was  right wing & the same as GW.
They think SP is dumb and BO will stop the war. :mad:

99.99999 people are clueless when it comes to politics.

wquay

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2008, 03:31:18 AM »
Well back on the topic, the damage has been huge.
Right now I'm surrounded by people who still think those news reports were true.
They think SP is dumb and BO will stop the war. :mad:

99.99999 people are clueless when it comes to politics.

The hoax story about SP was released AFTER the election... all the other news items and interviews which indicated a less than spectacular intelligence were true AFAIK.

There was certainly bias present, as always, but I don't see a different media spin on McCain/Palin changing the outcome. 8 years of GWB, a party in disarray,  and BHO's superb campaign made for a serious challenge, and McCain/Palin weren't up to the task.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2008, 08:08:59 AM »
The vets provided a service.  The welfare types did not.  Veteran disability is a type of payment for services rendered to the nation.  Those on welfare have no such claim to having performed a service.

Exactly. Far as I am concerned, we should give more to vets, particuarly disabled vets.

But my point is that as far as welfare goes, most of the people on it are leeches who have NEVER contributed to society and never will. Do veterans fall under that? Uh, NO.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 08:45:38 AM »
most of the people on it are leeches who have NEVER contributed to society and never will.

heard that tend to believe it  never seen it backed up more than anecdotally
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »
most of the people on it are leeches who have NEVER contributed to society and never will.

I grew up around these kind of individuals.  "Drawing" (and not the artsy kind) was an ambition for children.  Marrying the disabled to get their SS benefits, and having children in order to obtain further benefit wasn't   uncommon.  I knew a couple of families who were quite open about falsely obtaining benefits.

We learned that it wasn't worth turning them in anymore.  The feds didn't want to put any effort into going after them.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »

It is one of those study topics that will get you ostracized in academia and end the career in which you sunk 10+ years.  There are a very few men & women in the social science field who have the independence (both intellectually and financially) to do such a study.  Charles Murray is one such a man, but he already has projects.  Just not enough honest & morally tough social science researchers to go around.  Most are sorry excuses for "scientists."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 10:05:39 AM »
The hoax story about SP was released AFTER the election... all the other news items and interviews which indicated a less than spectacular intelligence were true AFAIK.

There was certainly bias present, as always, but I don't see a different media spin on McCain/Palin changing the outcome. 8 years of GWB, a party in disarray,  and BHO's superb campaign made for a serious challenge, and McCain/Palin weren't up to the task.

The Joe the Plumber/ Keating link was in the news before the election as well as the silliness surrounding the Hilton comments.

Being unable to speak extemporaneously under the harsh media spotlight is not an indication of lack of intelligence. I suspect few of us here would be able to consistently express ourselves coherently especially when being questioned by an adversarial press.

She has graduated college, been mayor of a city and is currently a very popular governor of her state. The vast majority of the folks dismissing her haven't accomplished a fraction of what she has in her life. Instead of following the media meme look at the record...not looking at the record and believing the media meme is one reason we have president elect Obama.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »

McCain was not right wing, but he WAS essentially the same as GW, you know.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner