Author Topic: Interview with Valerie Jarrett?  (Read 2220 times)

buzz_knox

• friend
Interview with Valerie Jarrett?
« on: November 14, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »
Anyone catch the recent interview with Jarrett, Obama's transition coordinator?  Apparently, she said one of the hot buttons he's going to get started on will be gun control.  I missed the interview and am just getting this second hand so I wanted to see if anyone saw it and can confirm/refute.

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: Interview with Valerie Jarrett?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
Interesting because several people I know who voted for Obama swear gun control is a very low priority given the economy's problems.

Chris

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
All along I have told folks around me to ignore the campaign rhetoric and look at the records.

Not very flattering for McCain in some areas but damning for Obama almost across the board.

All we can do is wait and see now...there are plenty of editorialist's who have "hope" he will govern as moderately as he (supposedly) ran.

I am a skeptic myself.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 11:28:41 AM »
OH LOOK. I AM SO SURPRISED.

Obama Advisor Valerie Jarrett Linked to Real Estate Scandals

Jarrett Managed Housing Project Deemed "Uninhabitable"

WASHINGTON, Nov. 13 /Standard Newswire/ -- Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents linking Valerie Jarrett, an advisor to Barack Obama and the co-chairman of the President-Elect's transition team, to a series of real estate scandals, including several housing projects operated by convicted felon and Obama fundraiser/friend Antoin "Tony" Rezko.

http://www.standardnewswire.com/news/212893595.html

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:44:46 AM »
Oh, yeah, this is the woman who said that "It's important that President-Elect Obama is prepared to take power and rule from day one"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Nlq80DVpo&eurl=http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/

:mad:
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »
So much to do, so little time.

But he'll get around to it, just be patient.  Disarmament is a critical component in The Great Plan for America.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 01:29:29 PM »
Interesting because several people I know who voted for Obama swear gun control is a very low priority given the economy's problems.

Chris

My lovely bride even thought that gun control will be low on Obama's priority list (And she voted McCain).....until I told her about Joe Biden's gun voting record.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »

Chris

Many on the boards who voted for McCain think the same thing.  I bet they'll continue thinking that until the moment the next AWB takes effect.