Author Topic: THR.US has been down for a long time...  (Read 2733 times)

zxcvbob

• friend
THR.US has been down for a long time...
« on: November 14, 2008, 02:42:56 PM »
Does anyone know what's going on?  (I think Oleg pissed-off some folks at .org yesterday when he broadcast another invitation email, I wonder if someone hacked .us and trashed the place)
"It's good, though..."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: THR.US has been down for a long time...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »
funny   olegs behavior has been quite above board  some of the members less so.  including one genius yesterday who advocated an attack against .org.   i hope it didn't bite the us board
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »
I have noticed that often when .us is down that Calguns is also down, and sometimes APS as well. the last two weeks all three have been down for a minute or two simultaneously dozens of times that I have noticed. I have mentioned this in PMs to other people and they have noticed the same thing.

My suspicion is that the web guy Oleg hired bit off more than he can currently chew.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:55:14 PM »
I have noticed that often when .us is down that Calguns is also down, and sometimes APS as well. the last two weeks all three have been down for a minute or two simultaneously dozens of times that I have noticed. I have mentioned this in PMs to other people and they have noticed the same thing.

My suspicion is that the web guy Oleg hired bit off more than he can currently chew.

+1.  I noticed this as well.

.US is drawing about 1/4 of the traffic of .ORG last I checked, but I also noticed that when .US is down, so is CalGuns and often APS.

I also theorized that the ISP was unable to keep up with the additional demand.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
Are you seeing timeouts?  An actual error page?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
Just tried and got this...

Configuration: includes/config.php exists, but is not in the 3.6+ format. Please convert your config file via the new config.php.new.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
For most of the day it was a different error page.

Now I get what Brad referrenced.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »
Seems to be back up now.  (was getting a "database error" page this morning, then timeouts this afternoon.)
"It's good, though..."