Author Topic: O'Bama to Move Against State Concealed Carry Laws  (Read 14681 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: O'Bama to Move Against State Concealed Carry Laws
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008, 04:11:59 AM »
Wait a minute... Obama's not pro gun?

*ducking for cover*
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008, 04:23:06 AM »
Wait a minute... Obama's not pro gun?

*ducking for cover*

You aren't helping you, go tell Spoon to hit you for me.  =)
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2008, 09:58:33 AM »
The fact of the matter is we're looking at, what, 38 states with shall issue and 48 states with CCW permits?  With only two states supporting the anti-CCW stance it's hard to believe that we couldn't eventually get a Constitutional amendment negating any anti-CCW laws that the Obama administration passed.  Sure, it's a long road, but it's there.

Except that Chicago politics has gone national, with lots of crooked appointees from Chicago, thus "what's good for Chicago" will be good for the whole country.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 10:34:53 AM »
With the full out propaganda assault that just occurred resulting in Obama's election it will be interesting to see if the media uses the same technique to change public opinion in favor of a President Obama's policies.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2008, 11:40:49 AM »
The normal way that the Federal government accomplishes X at the state level is to pressure the states by threatening to withhold massive Federal funds unless the states comply.  I wouldn't put it past this administration and Congress to attempt something like that.

However, bigger picture, I think Obama is going to have to broaden his base of support while dealing with massive economic issues.  Therefore my guess is that he will avoid "third rail" issues during his first term.  If he is elected to a second term, the economy is in better shape, and the democrats still control Congress, all bets are off.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »
However, bigger picture, I think Obama is going to have to broaden his base of support while dealing with massive economic issues.  Therefore my guess is that he will avoid "third rail" issues during his first term.  If he is elected to a second term, the economy is in better shape, and the democrats still control Congress, all bets are off.

Avoid third rail issues? HA.

http://www.change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2008, 01:18:14 PM »
I just dislike preaching to the chorus on principle.

Are you sure about that?  If you think gunowners, even those on this and the other boards, are a chorus, you are mistaken.  There are members who don't believe that Obama has or ever had an ill-thought concerning the 2nd Amendment, and others would would vote for an AWB in a heartbeat.  Threads like this are beneficial in educating the former, and letting the latter identify themselves.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2008, 02:31:05 PM »
Carebear seems a bit worked up, but I see another side to the argument.

We may be preaching to the choir here, but this choir is comprised of new believers, and as an open forum, the non-believers or agnostics view such threads, too.

The message is going out to all who click on the subforum, and the thread in turn.

It may torque you to a degree, but it may also open an eye to somebody who just didn't know...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"