Author Topic: Woman killed by husband's coffin  (Read 1002 times)

Don't care

Woman killed by husband's coffin
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »
A Brazilian woman has died after being struck by her husband's coffin when the hearse they were travelling in was involved in a car crash.

The hearse was struck from behind by an Alfa Romeo car, police said.

The coffin slammed into the head of the woman, who was sitting in the passenger seat of the hearse, killing her instantly, according to officers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7722420.stm

Ouch.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Woman killed by husband's coffin
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »
I don't know what the comment on.  On one hand, I want to make a crack about the husband getting the last laugh, but on the other, who would rear end a hearse? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Woman killed by husband's coffin
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »
I don't know what the comment on.  On one hand, I want to make a crack about the husband getting the last laugh, but on the other, who would rear end a hearse? 

Yeah, my first thought was: I'm glad that the tradition in the US is to pull off by the side of the road for a funeral procession.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought