Author Topic: Wholesale price of gasoline...  (Read 1208 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Wholesale price of gasoline...
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:16:46 PM »
is now under $1 in trading in the Asian commodities markets.

It's not been there for quite some time.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

myrockfight

Re: Wholesale price of gasoline...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:34:56 AM »
is now under $1 in trading in the Asian commodities markets.

It's not been there for quite some time.

It's a beautiful thing. Isn't it. I'm kickin' the crap out of myself for not trading commodities over the past year - especially the last few months. Oh well. What can you do after the fact. Other than storing the info to recognize the same thing next time around and positioning yourself to take advantage at that point. I'm glad that I was right, but not about the circumstances.

On the other hand - I am happy to see the markets get cracked at such a young age in my investing career. There are a lot of people complaining about it, but it really creates a good opportunity for those who have 15 or more years left before they retire. Everyone lives in the moment though.

At least I got my girlfriend to buy the SUV that she wanted when everyone else was telling her that fuel was just going to keep getting more expensive, etc. 

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:39:24 PM »
There is a point in the commodies that there is no point in investing in alternative fuels, nor looking for new sources of conventional fuels,  because the alternative fuels will cost more than the conventional fuels.

Even T Boone Pickens has cut way back on his windmill palns.  I don't know if is beause of the reduced fuel prices or if he didn't get number of investers he wanted.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »
It's because he can't get financing for his projects.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:08:13 PM »
Pickens isn't interested in wind power.  He's interested in owning and selling the water under his land to Dallas.  He's playing the Sierra Club like a cheap fiddle.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
Domestic market closed yesterday (11/21/2008) at a buck six. Locally retail gas is down to $1.59 at most pumps. 

Nothing like having taxes be twenty five percent of the purchase price (in Texas it's 38.6 cents per gallon).

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB