Author Topic: Coleman-Franken senatorial recount update  (Read 46815 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Coleman-Franken senatorial recount update
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2008, 04:34:53 PM »
Today's Ann Coulter column included this point made by John Lott:

"Just this week, liberal Ramsey County "discovered" 171 new votes from a single voting machine in a single precinct. An analysis by John Lott shows that these newly "discovered" votes represent yet another statistical improbability that favors Franken: Despite the fact that Maplewood precinct No. 6 gave Franken only 45.4 percent of the original, untampered-with vote, the newly "discovered" votes gave Franken 53.2 percent of the vote."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2008, 04:43:36 PM »
According to today's Star Tribune, Coleman's lead is back up to 316 votes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Don't care

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2008, 06:30:37 PM »
I will find a link to the debunking, but basically what I remember was, electionworkers didn't get the box to the clearinghouse before it closed, so they ended up taking the box to city hall, and both parties minders agreed on how it was to be secured until the next day.

This is a different story.

I believe the one story of which you speak, was the ballots in the trunk of the car of an election worker. A story which was debunked.

I am speaking of the 174 (?) ballots found in the ballot machine, just a couple days ago.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »
According to the Star Tribune, the recount is over and Coleman has a 251 vote lead.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2008, 01:59:06 PM »
If Coleman has the lead with anything less than a couple of thousand votes, somehow I think it really won't be over. If it were Franken with 251, then that would be a significant and indisputable lead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2008, 02:01:04 PM »
According to the Star Tribune, the recount is over and Coleman has a 251 vote lead.

Bet you Franken will sue. Air America didn't know when to quit, either.

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2008, 02:07:47 PM »
Bet you Franken will sue. Air America didn't know when to quit, either.

I wonder if Franken will use the Air America fundraising scheme to pay for the suit?  Does he have access to any charities he can embezzle funds from?

Don't care

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
Last update

Nov. 4 Ballots Cast for Norm Coleman   1210995
Nov. 4 Ballots Cast for Al Franken   1210285

Recounted Data   Totals   Percent
RECOUNT Number of Ballots for Coleman (as recounted)   1208344   41.41
RECOUNT Number of Ballots for Franken (as recounted)   1207657   41.38
RECOUNT Number of All Other Ballots (as recounted)   495475   16.98
RECOUNT COLEMAN and Other Ballots Challenged By FRANKEN   3280   0.11
RECOUNT FRANKEN and Other Ballots Challenged By COLEMAN   3375   0.12

Percentage of Ballots Recounted = 99.93 %

* These totals do not include results for any challenged ballots that were withdrawn by the candidates.

Don't care

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »

I don't know how the recount can be over, when the issue of the disputed ballots still remains to be resolved.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »
It won't be over until Franken concedes, and I don't think he plans to concede just yet.
And I believe the various public officials involved with the recount will allow Franken to keep this thing alive for awhile longer, at least until some other legal action forces them to wrap this up.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »
Too bad they didn't have a run-off provision like in GA.  That would have made the recount unnecessary.  Whoever won, at least there wouldn't be so much acrimony.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
Too bad they didn't have a run-off provision like in GA.  That would have made the recount unnecessary.  Whoever won, at least there wouldn't be so much acrimony.

Very true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2008, 04:32:50 PM »
Looks like at 710 vote lead for Coleman......

Anybody want to give odds on them finding..... oh say.... 800 Franken ballots ??

(And how come they NEVER find any missing Republican ballots ??) ;/ :mad:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »
Looks like at 710 vote lead for Coleman......

Anybody want to give odds on them finding..... oh say.... 800 Franken ballots ??

(And how come they NEVER find any missing Republican ballots ??) ;/ :mad:

You were saying?

Franken's campaign said that a dozen "UOCAVA" ballots had been found in a Minneapolis-area warehouse by election officials searching for 133 ballots gone missing during the hand recount in the urban center's 3rd ward, 1st precinct. The ballots come from uniformed and overseas voters and were previously unopened and counted, Franken officials said.

http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2008/12/08/more-ballots-found-in-minnesota-senate-recount/

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2008, 08:09:49 PM »
If Coleman's lead is 710, why would they even bother opening and counting 133 missing ballots?

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2008, 08:25:46 PM »

Very true, and then they'd be forced to cheat all over again... Pretty much clinching a Coleman win, because you'd never be able to rile up the Obamanoids to come out in those numbers again.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2008, 08:40:09 PM »
If Coleman's lead is 710, why would they even bother opening and counting 133 missing ballots?

It reduces the number of ballots they have to "find" over the next few days.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »
Considering how angry Franken was when "Bush stole the election" I just know that he wouldn't do the same thing.

Yeah, I don't buy it either.  It's a shame, I actually LIKE Al Franken, but I like lots of people I don't want in the Senate, or politics in general.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
Considering how angry Franken was when "Bush stole the election" I just know that he wouldn't do the same thing.

Yeah, I don't buy it either.  It's a shame, I actually LIKE Al Franken, but I like lots of people I don't want in the Senate, or politics in general.

Buffett is a fanstastic rocker as well.  I still wouldn't trust the dude to make our laws...

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2008, 02:02:45 AM »
I used to be a huge fan of this guy.
What happened? did I grow up or did he get really immature?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

He hates Bush
Paul Wellstone, his friend, died.
He took both personally, and I think he feels somehow beating Norm Coleman will do something.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2008, 03:40:26 PM »

I'm thinking you must have matured. I have never liked his so called comedy, has always invoked a combination gag/push his face in reflex with me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
I have always found him to be painfully unfunny.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2008, 04:59:15 PM »
Even when he was trying to be funny his "humor" came across as strained.

Now that he's been political for a while, his "humor" isn't even funny . . . it's in the realm of "Oooh, look at me, I'm so clever I can call him names! And make funny faces at people I don't like!"  ;/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:46:01 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »
The Stewart Smalley episode with Michael Jordan was a gut-buster.  But that was mainly because of Jordan. 

Imagine Al Franken trying to convince Michael Jordan that he (Michael Jordan) is not a contemptible failure that everyone hates.   :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife