Author Topic: Dog Bark Control?  (Read 6122 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Dog Bark Control?
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 02:33:45 PM »
Kennel train your dog.  Keep him in the kennel while you're gone.  Done.

I'm a big fan of crate training too. I got a new crate setup at home for the new pup that is coming home tonight.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »
I'm not doubting your dog's behavior, but are you sure it is the same as when you are not at home?  Your dog may be "talking" to you because you are right there, while when you are not at home he may be behaving differently.

You may want to hang out around the corber at your neighbor's house to hear what does or does not go on - especially as one has already come by and said it was yours that was making the noise.

What collar/device did you decide on?

stay safe.

skidmark

A SpraySense citronella bark collar.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 02:39:53 PM »
Well I will speak with a little experience with a gf's dog. She lived in an apartment with a mutt type dog (rescue). Dog was nice enough but would bark at every noise when no one was home. Never barks when there was anyone home. The other problem with the dog I think that it was protective of her. The dog would go ape *expletive deleted*it when we would have sex. I'm not talking a little bark but alot of bark and growling. We couldn't close the door to the bed room because the dog would scratch at it to get in, even if closed for a min. So hence my trip to petco. The shock collar worked like a charm. She didn't like the idea at first but....   it worked.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 04:13:22 PM »
We have a beagle.   Used to go an annoy the neighborhood by getting into a barkfest with the neighbors dog when let out in the back yard.  When we let him out in the backyard we put a collar that emitted a high frequency noise everytime he barked.  We could barely hear it, but his ears went back everytime it went off.

About 10 days, no more barking in the backyard.

Still barks his fool head off whenever someone/thing gets within ~100 ft of the house, but I can live with the false alarms..... 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
We have a beagle.   Used to go an annoy the neighborhood by getting into a barkfest with the neighbors dog when let out in the back yard.  When we let him out in the backyard we put a collar that emitted a high frequency noise everytime he barked.  We could barely hear it, but his ears went back everytime it went off.

About 10 days, no more barking in the backyard.

Still barks his fool head off whenever someone/thing gets within ~100 ft of the house, but I can live with the false alarms..... 

I have seen the ultra sonic in action.  It does work.  I remember there being settings for how fast and high it would go.  I tried the shock collars and they would work great if you were there to push the button, but left unattended, the dogs become acclimated to the shocks.

Good luck