Author Topic: Food Joy!  (Read 16515 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Food Joy!
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2008, 03:08:35 PM »
As long as they don't say we're compensating for something, it's all good. 

i will mantain that comments on this thread were much worse then that. and gangstas running around flashing their deagles around are compensating for something. their compensating for lack of a brain.
and for the record i don't have issues with deagles if they have been/are being used to shoot game.

but i will will apolgies for that. sometimes its hard to know what gets locked and what doesn't around here. 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »
BlueStarLizzard (notice the caps?)

In a little place called ArmedPoliteSociety, one must consider their audience, to be frank.

There are Desert Eagle owners amongst us - trust me on that one.

I've used mine for competition, wild pigs, whitetail deer, steel swingers, and it was even a defensive pistol on one road trip.

I bristled at that comment for what I considered a very good reason, but it's really not just a Desert Eagle thing.

People from all walks of life visit here, and unless they exhibit a grossly developed 'tard factor, they're given a fair shake.

That "fair shake" also means with respect to religion, politics, sex, age, nationality, etc.

Was the thread going downhill prior to my locking it?

Probably.

Do the staff here have real lives and miss threads going awry?

You damn betcha.

We will strive to do better.  In the meantime, perhaps forum members can try not to increase our workload, either. ;)

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »
In the meantime, perhaps forum members can try not to increase our workload, either. ;)

You wish!  :laugh:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2008, 04:00:34 PM »
You wish!  :laugh:

Brad

Don't tempt us with ban bats for Christmas.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
Hey, we are talking about SPAM.  What do you think all that gummy stuff in the can really is? :laugh:

Brad
Eh, love fluids from male pigs? =D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
SPAM - ehh, I can take it or leave it. Not bad sliced and fried as a sandwich with sharp cheddar and brown mustard though.

Kippers - Don't think I have had them as such, but the little canned herring steaks with slices of red onion, mustard, and hot sauce on dark bread makes a damned good sandwich.

Potted Meat - no, thank you. I just do not like it, nor the abomination known as "Vienna Sausages". Canned, cheap hot dogs. yum.  :laugh:

Deviled Ham - pretty good

Corned or Roast beef hash - Good. Fry a couple of eggs and throw them on a tortilla with hash and green chile, fold tortilla in half and pan fry the resulting "taco" in a little oil. GOOOOOOOOOD! The tortilla will get crisp AND chewy, and flake a bit just like good pastry.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:12:55 PM by grislyatoms »
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2008, 08:08:48 AM »
Wow! A guy gets sick and misses a few days of APS and all heck breaks loose...maybe if we all ate more SPAM, we'd be a more mellow crowd....  :angel:

BTW, what caliber Desert Eagle is best for opening SPAM cans?....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.