Author Topic: Snow?  (Read 9649 times)

crt360

• friend
Snow?
« on: December 09, 2008, 11:14:15 PM »
It was around 80 this morning and now it's snowing/sleeting with a wind chill of 18 here in Central Texas.  :laugh:
For entertainment purposes only.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Snow?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:18:23 PM »
That sounds like Montana weather changes.

Or a Texas "blue norther" ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

myrockfight

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
Global warming!!! DUH!  :O  :|

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 12:14:26 AM »
Seriously? Oh, that is nice.

My partner in a clinic has been bitching and moaning about the hideous Michigan weather since about mid-September.  She's going home to Texas this week.   :laugh:

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 12:22:38 AM »
It was around 80 this morning and now it's snowing/sleeting with a wind chill of 18 here in Central Texas.

Sounds like Texas weather has finally wised up and is emulating its higher sibling Colorado.

Sunset last Sunday: temps around 67 F, sunny and light breeze.

Sunset last Monday: temps around 20 F, overcast with heavy snow and 1 inch of accumulation (of a total of 9 inches we got outside Boulder).
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:16:35 AM »
It was around 80 this morning and now it's snowing/sleeting with a wind chill of 18 here in Central Texas.  :laugh:

Yes, but in the summer, your place turns into Hell.

myrockfight

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »
It gets a little hellish to here in the winter. But today it was 82. I still love it.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 04:47:21 AM »
Yesterday at 4pm at my house was 25 with light snow coverage. This morning at 4am, light rain and 55.

Hey, Gore, stop monkeying with theweather!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 05:03:20 AM »
Yesterday: 70.  Spent the day outside with my dog.  (I'm off this week.)

Today: started off nice at 60, then went down into the 30's all of a sudden.  My joints ache.

Later this week, back into the 60's.  Gotta love Texas in Winter.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 06:20:41 AM »

That's Texas....if you don't like the weather now, just wait a minute....  :lol:

At least in Texas, we're allowed to shoot at the Devil....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 06:23:49 AM »

Depends where you are in Texas.  Houston or the coast?  Yep.

Further inland where the humidity is lower, not so much.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

erictank

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:01 AM »
Depends where you are in Texas.  Houston or the coast?  Yep.

Further inland where the humidity is lower, not so much.

I don't know about that - I lived on the outskirts of Austin (pretty far inland) for about 10 years, and summers were routinely MISERABLE.  The only thing that made it tolerable was the swimming pool.

First winter we were there, there were 3 days in JANUARY over 90 degrees.  It SUCKED.  And then, next year, the first snow in 10 years, a whopping 1/4" (measured), shut EVERYTHING down for 3 full days :rolleyes:.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »
This front needs to get on through.  Going fishing friday.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 07:36:12 AM »

Thank you, General Sheridan. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 07:38:35 AM »
The 33F with wind chill factor of 16F isn't an indicator of a warming trend here in DFW area...

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 07:46:57 AM »
We had no less than a foot of global warming here on the shore of Lake Michigan yesterday with a high of 25, this morning it's a balmy 8 degrees. More snow is in the forecast.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »
It's pushing 60+ degrees here in NoVa today.

Tomorrow?

Back to the 30s and 40s.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
I don't know about that - I lived on the outskirts of Austin (pretty far inland) for about 10 years, and summers were routinely MISERABLE.  The only thing that made it tolerable was the swimming pool.

First winter we were there, there were 3 days in JANUARY over 90 degrees.  It SUCKED.  And then, next year, the first snow in 10 years, a whopping 1/4" (measured), shut EVERYTHING down for 3 full days :rolleyes:.
I guess it depends on what you like.  I used to work with a girl from Michigan.  She much preferred the 90+ summers over 25- winters. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 10:53:57 AM »
This front needs to get on through.  Going fishing friday.

Yep, I don't want to freeze again this weekend deer hunting.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 10:55:45 AM »
It snowed yesterday, now it's about 60.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 11:02:01 AM »
I guess it depends on what you like.  I used to work with a girl from Michigan.  She much preferred the 90+ summers over 25- winters. 

Count me in on that. I'd rather sweat than freeze.

Growing up and still living in Georgia I almost never had or have to deal with severe Winter weather. Two Winters in Bavaria courtesy of Uncle Sam cured me of any desire I may have had, or even thought to have had, of living in a place where it gets really cold in Winter. I wouldn't mind visiting such a place, I've never skied on snow and would like to try it, but living there ain't on.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »

Count me in on that. I'd rather sweat than freeze.

Growing up and still living in Georgia I almost never had or have to deal with severe Winter weather. Two Winters in Bavaria courtesy of Uncle Sam cured me of any desire I may have had, or even thought to have had, of living in a place where it gets really cold in Winter. I wouldn't mind visiting such a place, I've never skied on snow and would like to try it, but living there ain't on.

Egh...

Please, I grew up in Illinois where we have REAL winters. I'd MUCH rather be in -25 than in 100+. It's really simple: in the winter, I can keep putting clothes on- I'm rarely cold.

In the summer, I can only take off so many clothes... and even if I went beyond decency, I'd still be miserable (as, no doubt, would everyone around me)

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

grampster

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 02:32:27 PM »
Rookies!  Been in the 20's in the daytime, low teens at night.  Snow is over the knee now.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

erictank

• friends
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 03:00:06 PM »
Egh...

Please, I grew up in Illinois where we have REAL winters. I'd MUCH rather be in -25 than in 100+. It's really simple: in the winter, I can keep putting clothes on- I'm rarely cold.

In the summer, I can only take off so many clothes... and even if I went beyond decency, I'd still be miserable (as, no doubt, would everyone around me)

Perzactly.

A childhood in upstate NY (hellllllo, lake-effect snow! :lol:), along with frequent winter stays there as an adult, have left me with no concerns about dealing with cold.  Heat - well, basically, I can rely on the air conditioning, and... yeah, that's about it.  You can keep the heat.

Which, naturally, is why I'm now living right off the Capitol Beltway in Northern VA, where summers are often nearly as unpleasant as in central TX :rolleyes:.  The things one does for love...  =)

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
I love how it was supposed to be 43 here today.  It barely got above freezing at ALL.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM