Author Topic: Snow?  (Read 9651 times)

grislyatoms

• friends
Re: Snow?
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2008, 01:42:44 PM »
Snow up on the mountains ~6,000-7,000 feet earlier this week, looks like we got a little more last night. Just rain and flurries down here in the valley.

Looks like it's going to get pretty nasty up north in Co., though, and lots of precipitation here next week.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Regolith

• friend
Re: Snow?
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 06:29:17 PM »
We got 3-4" today.  Not too bad, except whoever is in charge of plowing the roads is completely inept.  We MIGHT see the main roads plowed, and that's it.  Maybe.  If whoever is in charge of seeing that the roads are plowed isn't too busy seeing to more pressing matters, such as whether or not the local bar has $1 margaritas....(at least, that's how I imagine (s)he spends his/her time, because they sure as hell aren't getting the roads plowed).

And we get snow every single year, so it's not like they're caught off guard.  I had to put chains on my rig to get to the university campus last year because the roads were all compacted snow and ice (and I don't own any studded snow tires).

Also, the passes in and out of town are closed, apparently, since there is a very long line of trucks just sitting on the freeway. One of the trucks had an MLRS on the back of it, which is kind of neat since I had never seen one IRL, just pictures and books.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth