Author Topic: This isn't REAL, right?  (Read 3379 times)

PTK

• friends
This isn't REAL, right?
« on: December 13, 2008, 11:51:08 AM »
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83477

Please, please, PLEASE tell me WND is just making things up. Please?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: This isn't REAL, right?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 12:10:07 PM »
WND is known for making stuff up/blowing it far out of proportion.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

PTK

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 12:18:17 PM »
OOoookay, good. Because, seriously, that article made it sound like Obama was going to help usher in a complete police state.

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 12:35:28 PM »
Google "power geyser".  Also, please note that these new regulations have been enacted by the current administration, not the incoming one.

PS: the first enabling regulations for using Federal troops for these purposes were enacted in 1997.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 12:50:04 PM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 06:44:13 PM »
So this isn't the beginning so much as it's the continuation of a slide into a state akin to the Nazis' rule in Germany.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »
So this isn't the beginning so much as it's the continuation of a slide into a state akin to the Nazis' rule in Germany.

A decades-long slide. ONe that can't be easily attributed to one of the two parties.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:59:20 PM »
ONe that can't be easily attributed to one of the two parties.

And there in lies your error, supposing that there ARE two parties.

There are not. 

There is only The Party.

One.

Which present a different mask to appease the masses, garner the votes and convince the Tax Paying Units that they are in charge, when in fact the truth is far, far stranger....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xtNr5-up0U
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 11:04:44 PM »
Damn, that was fast. Sindawe, the video you posted has already been removed...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44:07 AM »
Damn, that was fast. Sindawe, the video you posted has already been removed...

No, it hasn't. You do however need a YT membership to watch it.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:07:45 AM »
So... basically, it's real, overblown slightly by WND, but it is real and there's very little I can do about it. Fantastic.  :|

bmitchell

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 12:08:49 PM »
Wouldn't this be prohibited under the Posse Comitatus Act or is Congress backing this?

Ben

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:55 PM »
Wouldn't this be prohibited under the Posse Comitatus Act or is Congress backing this?

Ben

PCA is obviously not part of the Constitution.   Congress can amend it whenever they like.  They did so in the 90's (or earlier) to allow military units and equipment to be used for drug interdiction.  So, you can't borrow a HMMWV for off road searches, but you can borrow an entire unit of Blackhawks and Apaches to bust a weed farm.  Seen it done too.  Plenty of National Guard resources are funded for the express purposes of "borrowing them on occassion" for LE tasks.  If Congress amends PCA, any military equipment or personnel can be used domestically for any purposes Congress deems permissable.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

bmitchell

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »
I didn't intend to imply that PCA was a part of the constitution.

So the question is still whether or not Congress is backing this new use of military force.

Ben

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 02:08:40 PM »
I didn't intend to imply that PCA was a part of the constitution.

So the question is still whether or not Congress is backing this new use of military force.

Ben

Bush Doctrine changed that.  I'm not blatantly bashing Bush.  But his administration had the opinion that you went as far as possible in any legal grey area until smacked by Congress or the Courts.  They wrote volumes of legal work blessing the idea that in the absence of very clearly worded "Do not do this!" laws or case law, it was ok.

I doubt future Presidents will voluntarily hand back 'powers' that the Bush administration claimed from murky laws.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.