Author Topic: Illegal to "Kill" Robots?  (Read 29856 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Illegal to "Kill" Robots?
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »
Wait, so you're defining humanity based on being part of the food chain?  I hate to think of my humanity being summed up in my ability to be eaten by a grizzly bear.  Kinda' puts me on par with trout, ya know?

I don't know about you, I prefer to eat the bear myself rather than be eaten by it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

zahc

• friend
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
But I'd rather live with that pain and that loss than with the knowledge that I tried to copy her, and with the guilt of knowing that I diminished her.

All for the best. You never know when you might violate the principle of equivalent exchange and lose an arm or something.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »
I don't know about you, I prefer to eat the bear myself rather than be eaten by it.

Yeah well, some days, you the bar and some days the bar eats you.

You wouldn't understand, it's not really an Eastern thing.   :laugh:

(Yes, that first post was totally a setup for this one)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
All for the best. You never know when you might violate the principle of equivalent exchange and lose an arm or something.

...scarily I even know what you're referring to.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner