Author Topic: President Bush is still president right?  (Read 7758 times)

mejeepnut

President Bush is still president right?
« on: December 14, 2008, 06:53:17 PM »
The TV is on in the other room and I was kind of listening and kept hearing Mr Bush did this and Mr Bush did that in Iraq today.I went into that room to see who they were talking about and there on the screen was President Bush dodging a shoe.Since when does the President of the USA get called Mr and since when does he get shoes thrown at him by people who we spend billions of dollars on without someone throwing something about .40 threw there head?

I think it was NBC I saw this on but not sure.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: President Bush is still president right?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:52:50 PM »
Since when does the President of the USA get called Mr and...

The god Obama is the president-elect now.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »

Not until tomorrow the 15th, when the Electoral College votes.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
Not until tomorrow the 15th, when the Electoral College votes.

You're right, of course, but he's been the god Obama to leftist extremist "journalists" all along.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Don't care

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
Since when does the President of the USA get called Mr (?)

Most of the time, the disrespectful masses that include the press, as well as the leftist pundits, merely call him "Bush". Though many times, I'm sure that the disrespect demonstrated is unintentional, it really gets under my skin.

While he may not be referred to as "President" Bush, I'll control my emotions enough to accept that it's at least proper to be called "Mr. Bush".

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »
I thought "Mr." was a pretty common title for the President. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »
Are you sure it wasn't a Beeb broadcast?

The BBC is known world-wide for referring to EVERYBODY as "Mr.".

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 09:43:07 PM »
Well, the shoe-hurler's apparently the man right now in the Arab sphere.  Maybe Bush will learn something from this--but I really, really doubt it.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 09:51:16 PM »
Shoe-ster may be angling for a job on MSNBC or Al-Jazeera.

Don't care

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 06:28:16 AM »

He certainly didn't do anything worse than Dan Rather.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »
Actually, the Shoester is the guy I have least problems with.

We may believe -as I do -that the whole war thing is better for the Iraqis in the long run, but its understandable that many Iraqis don't feel the same.

Now, what irks me is the media's contribution to this... 'story'.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

He always has been....he ever will be.....the prophecy hath fortold his everlasting reign...

;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

txgho1911

• friends
  • sedition hammer
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 09:19:35 PM »
Shoester got a brocken arm and ribs from BagDad police. Iraqi Mill now have him in (protective?) custody?
socialnewswatchDOTcom instead of Drudge

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 01:46:47 AM »
Shoester got a brocken arm and ribs from BagDad police. Iraqi Mill now have him in (protective?) custody?
Retribution's a beautiful thing.  :lol:

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 01:51:02 AM »

Same thing.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 02:09:54 PM »
They will call B.O President Obama,  never Mr Obama.

It irks me too that they call the President "Mr Bush"

The same press calls B.O pres elect Obama.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 12:12:28 AM »
Well, the shoe-hurler's apparently the man right now in the Arab sphere.  Maybe Bush will learn something from this--but I really, really doubt it.

It doesn't matter whether President Bush learns anything.  It matters whether his successor learns anything.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 12:06:20 PM »

In certain cultures (and not just Arab ones) it is a sign of respect that one does not show the sole of one's foot or shoe to another person.  Doing so would signal that you consider that person of being beneath you.  Throwing a shoe is about as high up as an insult as it gets.  This is analogous in the US to walking up to a man's wife, lady or whatnot and punching her in the face.  Things escalating to killing is expected.  You know there's going to be retribution, so that's part of the message you are sending.  "I am insulting you, fully knowing what the consequences will be and I accept them as a worthwhile price of doing this."   

Shooting someone for throwing a shoe at Mr. Bush is the expected outcome in Iraq, not the amusing "I wish they would do this to him" wishful thinking.  If the guy gets out of jail in better health than barely alive, it's a clear message from the Iraqi government does not support us.   If he has a tragic accident in a few days/weeks/whatever, it's a clear message that the Iraqi government supports us. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »
If the guy gets out of jail in better health than barely alive, it's a clear message from the Iraqi government does not support us.   If he has a tragic accident in a few days/weeks/whatever, it's a clear message that the Iraqi government supports u

The question is, would you want to support a government that does that?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »

It is part and package of an optional invasion of a foreign country.  We had access to cultural experts who could have explained how the locals think.  Ergo, we either knew or should have known the mind frame of the people we were conquering.  The responsibility is the same.  Sigh, the sad thing is that we had military government experts who had experience from the Balkans in how to "successfully" (short run) occupy turf with ethnic issues.  You have two and only two options.  Forcibly seperate the ethnic groups that have issues, or pull a Joseph Broz Tito. 

As for wanting to support a government that tortures people as a means of sending a message, the US has admitted to doing the same thing.  Why would America not support a foreign government for something we do on a routine basis?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

taurusowner

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 06:22:41 AM »
As for wanting to support a government that tortures people as a means of sending a message, the US has admitted to doing the same thing.  Why would America not support a foreign government for something we do on a routine basis?

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  The US does not torture on a routine basis.  The interrogation methods that are sometimes used on high profile targets isn't even really torture.  You attempt an moral equivalency is horse####.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 06:29:10 AM »

With all of the American taxpayer money that's been invested into it with no sign of repayment in sight....we kinda have to....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 07:24:17 AM »

As opposed to what?  If we don't support them, soon enough we get an even worse government, that tolerates or participates in terrorism.  I love you people who think the Iraq project is a failure, unless they become some kind of cozy little Western democracy. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 01:38:17 AM »
As opposed to what?  If we don't support them, soon enough we get an even worse government, that tolerates or participates in terrorism.  I love you people who think the Iraq project is a failure, unless they become some kind of cozy little Western democracy. 

It is not the duty of the Iraqi people to be friends of America. America helped many nations that are not friends of America today. There are countries, like France, that have legitimate policy disagreements with America without being members of the Axis of Evil. It's completely possible (and legitimate) that when Iraq's military will be able to stand on its  feet the two countries can happily go their separate ways.

If they revert to being homicidal a-holes, instead of at least trying to be a half-decent democracy (something even some African nations have figured out by now), then there's no point in throwing good money after bad.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »

If they revert to being homicidal a-holes, instead of at least trying to be a half-decent democracy (something even some African nations have figured out by now), then there's no point in throwing good money after bad.

Homicidal a-holes tend to try to kill you.  I don't particularly want any homicidal a-holes running amok around the globe.