Author Topic: McCain Takes Swipe at GOP Over Blagojevitch Scandal  (Read 4661 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
McCain Takes Swipe at GOP Over Blagojevitch Scandal
« on: December 14, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
I don't have much to say about this story, other than he's back in full RINO mode, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the typo (?) on the very first line.  :laugh:

-----------------------
http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/story?id=6459397&page=1

McCain Takes Swipe at GOP on Blago Scandal
'Obama Campaign Should and Will Give All Information Necessary,' Says Arizona Sen.
By MARY BRUCE

Dec. 14, 2008

Sen. John McCain, D-Ariz., took on his own party this morning for continuing to criticize the way President-elect Barack Obama has handled the scandal surrounding Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

"In all due respect to the Republican National Committee... I think we should try to be working constructively together, not only on an issue such as this, but on the economy stimulus package, reforms that are necessary," McCain said in an exclusive "This Week" interview with George Stephanopoulos.

RNC Chairman Mike Duncan has released a statement every day since news broke of the Blagojevich corruption investigation calling on the Obama team to reveal all contact that they've had with the governor.

However, McCain also called on the Obama transition team to publicly release all information relating to Blagojevich.

"I think that the Obama campaign should and will give all information necessary... I don't know all the details of the relationship between President-elect Obama's campaign or his people and the governor of Illinois, but I have some confidence that all the information will come out. It always does, it seems to me," he said.

McCain argued that the disgraced governor should resign.

"He should," he said. "You know, there's a lot of corruption amongst Republicans and Democrats, and this kind of thing doesn't help in these kinds of difficult economic times. So I would hope that he would resign, but we also ought to look at systems that breed this kind of corruption, and unfortunately, it isn't confined to one city or one state."

In his first Sunday interview since the election, McCain explained his role in the Republican Party going forward.

"I think my job is, of course, to be a part of and hopefully exert some leadership in the loyal opposition... Will there be areas of disagreement? Of course. We are different parties and different philosophy. But the nation wants us to unite and work together."

When asked where he foresees coordinating with his former rival, McCain suggested he is willing to sign onto a stimulus plan in January.

"I'm willing to sign on to a package that will help our economy get fixed," he said. On Obama's proposed economic recovery plan, McCain explained, "I want to see the details of it... We also have to enact some fundamental reforms about the way we do business."

He also weighed in on the ongoing fight on Capitol Hill over a bailout for the Big Three auto companies.

While McCain argued during the campaign that "we've got to keep the auto industry alive," he joined the effort to kill the auto bailout this week in the Senate. When asked why, McCain said the package under discussion did not remedy the situation.

"I didn't believe that this fix would keep the auto industry alive. I think it just put them on some life-support system for two or three months, because they didn't make the fundamental changes, i.e. more changes in their costs and salaries and wages and benefits, which would put them in line and make them competitive with foreign manufacturers in the United States -- not foreign manufacturers overseas," he said.

Vice President Dick Cheney warned Senate Republicans this week that if they don't bail out the auto industry, the Republican Party will forever be known as the party of Herbert Hoover.

In response McCain asked, "what is the point if you just kept at least two of the three alive for another two or three or four months? You end up in the same position, only you've spent an additional $15 billion."

When pressed further by Stephanopoulos about whether the auto companies need to go into bankruptcy, McCain said "I think that if not bankruptcy, certainly a bankruptcy-like solution, which forces everybody to sit down at the table and redo all these agreements."

McCain also addressed the Obama transition so far, admitting that "absolutely" Obama's national security team could have been one that he would have picked himself.

When asked what that tells him about the president-elect, McCain responded, "[It] tells me that the president-elect is going to address national security issues with people who he thinks the American people can trust, and that he can place trust and confidence in."

On the campaign trail McCain repeatedly voiced his belief that Obama "isn't ready" to be commander in chief, but this morning he said "It's not a matter of whether he's ready... He has been selected by the American people. We honor that decision."

Of his campaign remark that the nation will be tested if Obama were elected, McCain laughed, "I said that because his running mate said that!"

Finally on the future of his running mate, McCain refused to say whether he would support Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska if she runs for president in 2012.

"Oh, no. Listen, I have the greatest appreciation for Gov. Palin and her family, and it was a great joy to know them. She invigorated our campaign.

"But I can't say something like that," McCain said. "We've got some great other young governors."

When asked why not, given that he selected her to succeed him as president if anything were to happen to him, McCain explained, "Now we're in a whole election cycle. Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her viability."

He went on to joke, "My corpse is still warm, you know?" 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

stevelyn

• friend
Re: McCain Takes Swipe at GOP Over Blagojevitch Scandal
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »
Sen. John McCain, D-Ariz., took on his own party..........

Finally some honesty in the media.  =D =D
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »
McCain, having thrown the election, needs to shut up and drift away now.

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »
It must be a sign of the impending apocalypse, but I agree with Maned 100%. 

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »
Sen. John McCain, D-Ariz.,

The truth oozes forth...

Bleh.  John McCain.  Bleh.  Dirty bastage.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mejeepnut

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »
OK,so what does obama have on mccain?

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
Mac is back! Mac is back!

Hi, BILLY MAYS here for the RINOVIRUS. Do you feel alienated from your Democrat friends? Are you constantly ignored at cocktail parties? Are you painted as a racist and a homophobe? Well, now there's the RINOVIRUS. One injection, and INSTANTLY people start taking you seriously. You become a MAVERICK, the highest rank of Republican life. In the eyes of EVERYONE, you are now a man or woman of principle. That's the strength of RINOVIRUS. But it gets even better! Call now and I'll throw in a ticket to the Obama inauguration, absolutely free. Call now, and tell 'em BILLY sent ya!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
Then we can ALL be mavericky and stuff. :laugh:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 12:21:33 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 05:26:59 AM »
B-b-but McCain is a fighter pilot! He gets inside Obama's OODA loop! He's all awesome and conservative!
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 05:34:42 AM »
Compared to the last few months/year Bush heh
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 07:19:35 AM »
McCain, R-Media.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 12:54:32 PM »
It is understandable that McCain would defend Obama.  After all McCain "the maverick" will be joining Obama in pushing The Ted Kennedy Memorial Amnesty next year.  This will be the old war dog's "great legacy."

You have to remember that McCain and Bush are both members of "The God's Children" party.  Don't be fooled.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »
B-b-but McCain is a fighter pilot! He gets inside Obama's OODA loop! He's all awesome and conservative!

=D

Tis hard to believe McCain can still show his face in public, after being trounced by that clown.  After his constituency (the media) turned on him.  And then he's still blabbering about his style of "bipartisanship", after the whole world just watched it fail?   ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

taurusowner

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 10:11:07 PM »
It is understandable that McCain would defend Obama.  After all McCain "the maverick" will be joining Obama in pushing The Ted Kennedy Memorial Amnesty next year.  This will be the old war dog's "great legacy."

You have to remember that McCain and Bush are both members of "The God's Children" party.  Don't be fooled.

What exactly is "The God's Children" party?

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 10:34:18 PM »
Looks like McCain is puckering up for his new party leader...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 12:40:07 AM »
What exactly is "The God's Children" party?

McCain has often been quoted referring to illegal aliens, telling us (the voters and citizens and law-abiding) "remember, we're all God's children."  It's meant as a kind hearted grandfatherly admonishment to not expect people to abide by the rules or not get upset when they fail to live up to a social contract.

Another nickname for him is "Lettuce."  He earned this after stating that lettuce farmers in southern AZ couldn't get legal workers to pick lettuce for $50 an hour.  His office was flooded with resumes of eligible employees asking for directions to these $50 an hour agricultural jobs.

I don't know exactly, but I think Bush has also used the "God's Children" line a time or two as well.  Basically, any "compassionate" conservative that thinks sacrificing the Republican/Conservative platform in order to pander to the imaginary hispanic voting bloc is a member of the "God's Children" Party.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 12:55:15 AM »
Thanks, AZRedhawk44, for your explanation of my earlier post.  Right on target.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 07:14:01 PM »
Mac is back! Mac is back!

Hi, BILLY MAYS here for the RINOVIRUS. Do you feel alienated from your Democrat friends? Are you constantly ignored at cocktail parties? Are you painted as a racist and a homophobe? Well, now there's the RINOVIRUS. One injection, and INSTANTLY people start taking you seriously. You become a MAVERICK, the highest rank of Republican life. In the eyes of EVERYONE, you are now a man or woman of principle. That's the strength of RINOVIRUS. But it gets even better! Call now and I'll throw in a ticket to the Obama inauguration, absolutely free. Call now, and tell 'em BILLY sent ya!

Now that right there is funny!

TC
TC
RT Refugee