Author Topic: Somehow I doubt this guy has a great job  (Read 7498 times)

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: Somehow I doubt this guy has a great job
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 07:12:07 AM »
I've found the perfect woman for him !!!

image too icky to have on the top of the page has been deleted

HOW do you know that's a woman?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:44:01 AM by Two Cold Soakers »
7-11 was a part time job.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2008, 07:20:34 AM »

Somehow I doubt this guy has a great job

Probably works in entertainment and makes more money than I do.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2008, 07:48:16 AM »
Looks like she did a face plant into a tackle box.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »
I've not heard of this. What swedish chick?

Ika!
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »
Do piercings freak anybody else right the %$#@ out?

I walked out of a bagel shop.  The girl at the counter had a big ring in her nose.  I grabbed my wife and walked.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »
Mentally

Ill

From the interview:

Have you ever thought about having the tip of your nose removed?
Yes, and I’ve seen it before on TV. This guy had a flesh-eating disease and he was able to get his nose cut off because they gave him a prosthetic replacement. I was so jealous. I wanted it so bad. If I get my eyes blacked in I’ll get my nose removed.

Would you have your ears removed?
Maybe just the one. I was thinking of having worms coming out of one ear and a spider’s web in the other. But I’m an extremist, so if I met someone who could remove my ear and get the right result, then that’d be cool as hell. If I saw someone walking around like that I’d *expletive deleted*it myself.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
MicroBalrog, maybe, maybe not.

Several years ago I needed to get some real grunge rocker types for a photo shoot. I went to some of the best-known bars for that type in Milwaukee, and hung out (and stood out) in them for a couple of nights. Met some really odd-looking people. (I can imagine them saying afterwards, "man, can you believe how freaky that guy with the sport coat looked?").

Anywho, I found a very promising prospect for the photo shoot. She was about 30 years old, multiple piercings, shaved head except for a small purplish mohawk, and huge identical right and left tattoos of a peacock that started on the sides of hear head, ran down her neck and onto her shoulders.

We got to talking a bit, and I asked her what she did. She said that she was a graphic designer, but was having a hard time finding a job. She thought it was the market. I knew the market very well, and that wasn't the problem.

A lot of the other grungers I saw were tattooed or pierced in such a way that they could cover things for a regular job.

When someone goes to the extremes, though, the issue isn't  fashion. My nephew was really bizarre-looking for several years (and unemployable as such), and it was the issues driving the look. Once he straightened out, he started dressing normally.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »
I walked out of a bagel shop.  The girl at the counter had a big ring in her nose.  I grabbed my wife and walked.

One of my professors has two, actually.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2008, 10:38:22 AM »
We got to talking a bit, and I asked her what she did. She said that she was a graphic designer, but was having a hard time finding a job. She thought it was the market. I knew the market very well, and that wasn't the problem.

In my line of work, my last two interviews were conducted over the phone. My direct superior hasn't met me yet and probably never will. Same with my fiancee who's sitting next to me and reading this post. :D

If I were to have my eyes blacked in (no idea what that means) or my face tattooed, it wouldn't reduce my ability to get employed one inch, nor would I get fired from my job. I still get paid better in two weeks than some of the tie-wearing bank clerks do in a month.

2swap (who works in IT) says that with graphic designers it could actually be the market because at least where she lives, there's a huge surplus of them. I don't know either way, but she does. :)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2008, 10:40:51 AM »
"Same with my fiancee who's sitting next to me and reading this post."

Your fiancee has never met you, and never will?

That's what I call an open relationship.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »
I worked with a guy that had a couple of piercings in his lips. Ilike to bring in a handful of balloons and aks him to help me blow them up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »
"Same with my fiancee who's sitting next to me and reading this post."

Your fiancee has never met you, and never will?

That's what I call an open relationship.

You lose 1 skillpoint in reading :P To clarify things a bit: I never met anyone from the company, I will work for soon except via various methods which all do involve TCP/IP  =)
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
You lose 1 skillpoint in reading :P To clarify things a bit: I never met anyone from the company, I will work for soon except via various methods which all do involve TCP/IP  =)

He knew that...

He was just pulling Micro's chain.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2008, 01:45:25 PM »
I worked with a guy that had a couple of piercings in his lips. Ilike to bring in a handful of balloons and aks him to help me blow them up.

:D

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2008, 03:24:39 PM »
A good friend of mine is a biker (HD type, old school, not a RUB) with full sleeves and a long ponytail.  He has not problem at all finding high paying jobs in our field (IT).  He doesn't hide his tats or anything else about him.  Technical and people skills tend to offset such things.

Chris

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 03:32:32 PM »
Yeah, in a skills-based job it matters far more what you can do than what you look like.  There's a limit to that, though.  Doing to yourself what this guy did strikes me as evidence of Extremely Poor Judgment, and I'd be reluctant to hire him even if his technical skills were fantastic.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »
Collections/Repo guy? =D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

WhiteTiger

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2008, 05:42:46 PM »
The guy stopped too soon on the remodel. He didn't cover all of the acne.

Tiger

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2008, 05:49:54 PM »
Here's an interview with him - http://www.bizarremag.com/weird_world/body_world/7173/zombie-boy.html

Quote from: from the interview
"There are a lot of people I meet who just don’t understand, but there really is nothing to understand. I’m realistic, sane and intelligent."

Debatable ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design