Author Topic: How many of me ??  (Read 6346 times)

PTK

• friends
Re: How many of me ??
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 04:10:42 PM »
How do you know that website isn't compiling a database of IP addresses and names ...?   :rolleyes:

Because we're all super smart and using services like Anonymouse, I hope?
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2008, 04:14:51 PM »
There are five people named Blue Star Lizzard?   :O

as long as there's only one Mr. Tactical Pants. the world could not withstand multiples.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2008, 04:23:09 PM »
It's says there is only one of me, but my grandfather has the same name as me as does an uncle though he's a jr. Hmm.
Look, tiny text!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
I search my family's names.  Most come up with something in the 1000-ish range.

My mother, on the other hand...

I searched using first name / maiden name.  Would you belive two?  Googled her name and came up with a bunch of hits, all all of whom are biologically active.

Brad
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:03:41 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 07:05:20 PM »

Brad

And none of you are Secretary of State in Montana anymore ...  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »
30 of me. 2 of those are my father and grandfather...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »
35 of my given name, 42,839 with my last name and I am the ONLY one who is known by the name I have been called since birth!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 02:58:40 AM »
"There are fewer than 1,530 people in the U.S. with the first name..." I've met one, and met a married couple through a friend who had a friend in their hometown in Ohio with the name.

"There are 566,087 people in the U.S. with the last name..." It felt like there were that many around my hometown when I was growing up. I couldn't throw a rock without hitting someone I was related to.

"There are 3 or fewer people in the U.S. "with your same first and last name". Sounds about right. One of 'em was a baseball coach at San Diego State University a few years ago. I waded through a Google search and found him. Most of the returns were about the fictional detective I'm named after.

People have been transposing my first and last names all my life. Just for funsies I plugged them in that way and got:

"There are 838,421 people in the U.S. with the first name..."

"There are 16,156 people in the U.S. with the last name..."

"There are 44 people in the U.S. named..." One of those lived (may still) in the next town South of my hometown. I found about him when the pharmacy got our records confused and commingled. There was another on the other side of Atlanta from me a few years ago. I was browsing the phone book (it was a while ago) one day and thought to look up the name. Called him and introduced myself. He said, "You're kidding!?" We talked for a few minutes and he said it'd be a kick to get together sometime and go to a party and go around introducing ourselves to people just to see the reaction.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 03:25:05 AM »
462 of me.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

erictank

• friends
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 02:28:59 PM »
as long as there's only one Mr. Tactical Pants. the world could not withstand multiples.

Sure it could!

Think how much easier it would be if there were TWO people we could blame for everything!!  :lol:

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 09:52:49 PM »
Sure it could!

Think how much easier it would be if there were TWO people we could blame for everything!!  :lol:

...or the massive increase of stuff which they'd be at fault for....not a good trade....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.