Author Topic: South Florida members - who wants to adopt a kitten?  (Read 3589 times)

.Cheese.

• friend
South Florida members - who wants to adopt a kitten?
« on: December 31, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
I have taken in an abandoned kitten.  We have feral cats in the area and she must be the offspring of one of them.  I have no idea why she was abandoned by her mother but she is in bad condition right now.  She was starving and has an eye infection.

As soon as she is in good health though - she will need to be adopted because I can't really keep her.

If anybody is interested in taking her, let me know.

crawdaddyjim

• Alien
Re: South Florida members - who wants to adopt a kitten?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 08:22:04 PM »
My wife is a direct descendant of Dr. Doolittle and therefor she will not be seeing this post. PERIOD.

Now I will tell you this not to be cold hearted or  mean. But if the mama cat abandoned the kitten it is most likely defective and the outward symptoms are what you see. If you do manage to improve its health in the near term it will develop new maladies. Your best option is to take it to the animal control office and if they determine that the kitten has no liabilities it will most likely get adopted. If not, then they will put it down humanely. We have gone through this many, many times. At present we have four adopted cats and as soon as they have been spayed and neutered they go to friends that have barns and animals to be mousers.

Jim