Author Topic: Civilization IV?  (Read 1598 times)

Mulliga

Civilization IV?
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:17:18 PM »
I cut my teeth on Civs 2 and 3 and Alpha Centauri. Anyone pick this new one up yet?

Marnoot

• friend
Civilization IV?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 12:52:16 PM »
I'm planning on getting it today. The reviews for it have been very good, even for the multiplayer mode, which is a first for the Civ series. Previous multiplayer attempts were pretty bad. I loved Civilization I and II, wasn't a big fan of Civ III. Alpha Centauri I liked. I'm probably going to get Call of Duty II here soon as well. So between that and Civ IV I should be set for games for awhile.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Civilization IV?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 01:09:03 PM »
Whoa...

I haven't played Civ in years.  I sorta knew they made a sequel, but it never really struck home.  They're up to #4???

Might be worth trying, for old times sake....

Fatcat

Civilization IV?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 03:46:06 PM »
Unforunately, yes.

I've got 10 pages due tomorrow, plus a test, and I haven't even started yet. I might as well go drop all my classes now. Shocked

I wasn't sure about the move to 3D but it looks and works pretty good. Other than that, I love it. Easily on the level of Civ2/Alpha Centauri.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."

Mulliga

Civilization IV?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 08:20:30 PM »
Well, I bit the bullet and bought it. Big mistake. Already played 15 hours worth. Wink

pauli

• http://episteme.arstechnica.com
Civilization IV?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 08:06:03 AM »
we're presently trying ot figure out what sort of hardware they use at firaxis.

game doesn't run worth a darn on intel, ok. massive problems with ati, something's up. nvidia has graphics corruption... which leaves, what? matrox?

the game is good, it's missing a few things and the maps are too small, but that's apparently fixable. so long as they patch the performance and ram use issues, it's going to be VERY popular.