Author Topic: Just a coincidence, I'm sure!  (Read 2627 times)

Standing Wolf

• friend
Just a coincidence, I'm sure!
« on: January 03, 2009, 11:00:31 PM »
Look Who's Buying IndyMac
Larrey Anderson
The FDIC has just announced that a consortium of private equity and hedge fund firms would be buying IndyMac. IndyMac was an independent "bridge bank" spun off of Countrywide Mortgage in the late 90s.  IndyMac acted as a "bridge bank" to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

New York Democrat Charles Shumer precipitated the fall of IndyMac in May of 2008 by releasing "inside" information that the mortgage company was in dire financial straits. This disclosure created the initial "bank run" that is credited by many economists as the initial trigger that prompted the current mortgage crisis. The FDIC took over the operations of IndyMac in late summer of 2008.

So much for history. George Soros is in on the deal to buy IndyMac from the FDIC. Soros has a long history of making loads of money by first creating a financial crisis and then stepping in to grab up the bargains. Perhaps the most famous example of this tactic is "Black Wednesday," when Soros nearly sunk the entire economy of Great Britain through currency speculation.

George Soros has helped bankroll the campaigns of the Democrats in Congress who created this mess. Now, it appears, he is cashing in on his investment.

Hat tip: Otis A. Glazebrook (IV!)

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/01/look_whos_buying_indymac.html

I'm sure representatives of the Democratic (sic) party will investigate this amazing coincidence in very short order.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Just a coincidence, I'm sure!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »
Soros would make an acceptable Bond villian...

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 12:37:25 AM »

Yeah, but which Dem-chick congresscritter villainesse would get the provocative Bondesque name?

Dianne Feinstein = Carrie Dufour
Cynthia McKinney = Pippi Longhose
Barbara Boxer = Guarantee Sherwin

/shudder.  No Democrat Bond villains!  Their evil seductive accomplices wouldn't be.... seductive!

http://www2.fanscape.com/bond/bondgirlname/

Contrast with:

Michelle Malkin = Rubi Diamond
Ann Coulter = Pippi Longhose (what are we missing about McKinney?)
Mary Katherine Ham = Fiona Plum

Nope.... evil Bond chicks must be conservatives.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:21:10 AM »

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 04:00:06 PM »

Orson Scott Card made him into one in an unfortunately terrible novel.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »
Well, we all knew there was a reason Shumer tried to kill IndyMac.  Know we know what the reason was.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:39:20 PM »
Well, we all knew there was a reason Shumer tried to kill IndyMac.  Know we know what the reason was.

I fully expect he'll get away with it, because too many of the members of the Stupid Party remaining are still trying to figure out how to make Republican Lite work the next time, unable to fathom why McCain blew it.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 11:51:18 PM »
What we are seeing in all too many places are not problems that are going to be solved by either political party.  They will be solved by "History," something this nation has long considered itself either exempt from or in control of.  At some point everything is called into question, is on the table, is fair game.  "They" will push this as long and as hard and as far as they can; they really have come to believe that they are indeed Masters of the Universe.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 11:57:37 PM »
I fully expect he'll get away with it, because too many of the members of the Stupid Party remaining are still trying to figure out how to make Republican Lite work the next time, unable to fathom why McCain blew it.

Yeah, ya gotta ditch half the party, in order to save it.   ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »
the depressing thing is no Obama voter I've talked to knows who Soro's even is.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 06:46:00 AM »
the depressing thing is no Obama voter I've talked to knows who Soro's even is.

No one ever said the leftist extremists are too cheap to spend money on competent public relations expertise.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.