Author Topic: Brit Combat Units Well Manned, Poorly Equipped & US/UK Relationship  (Read 6146 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Brit Combat Units Well Manned, Poorly Equipped & US/UK Relationship
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 12:41:39 AM »
I thought that the remanufactured L85A2 models had a much better reputation than the original SA-80s. 

L85A2's are better.  But that's like saying that chugging sulfuric acid is much better than chugging hydrocyanic acid.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48:07 PM »
Sir, your country has the honour of having the worst service rifle commonly fielded today.
I've never used anything else myself, so I'll trust you on that one. Seriously though, I have heard all of the complaints about it. They seem to hate dirt and sand more than the average rifle for one thing.

L85A2's are better.  But that's like saying that chugging sulfuric acid is much better than chugging hydrocyanic acid.
The A2s have a better cocking/charging handle, that much I know. Not sure what else.

Those things look like they'd suck if you fired 'em from prone...
Magazine changes were always a little awkward for me, that is for sure.

We could just have bought a load of M16s, or if we waited longer to 'upgrade', M4s from you guys. The SAS in GW1 were happy to use the M16s.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »
Crom, isn't that an AC/DC album cover? =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »
I've never used anything else myself, so I'll trust you on that one. Seriously though, I have heard all of the complaints about it. They seem to hate dirt and sand more than the average rifle for one thing.
 The A2s have a better cocking/charging handle, that much I know. Not sure what else.
 Magazine changes were always a little awkward for me, that is for sure.

We could just have bought a load of M16s, or if we waited longer to 'upgrade', M4s from you guys. The SAS in GW1 were happy to use the M16s.

Low-budget NVGs, there.

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
Made in a shed by a man named Trevor. :D
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!