Author Topic: Stuff That Irritated Ben Today  (Read 7331 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Stuff That Irritated Ben Today
« on: January 11, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »
Time for another installment of, "Stuff That Irritated Ben Today"

1) While at the gym, somebody in the cardio room broke the Gym Geneva Convention and introduced weaponized farts into the otherwise conventional war of sweat and unwashed bodies. These were bioweapon grade if anything is. I mean NASTY. Me and people around me were all looking at each other with disgust and the eye contact was all, "Do you SMELL that?!? Wait -- maybe it was you so I'd better not say anything". And this went on several times over 20 minutes. I can excuse one or two accidents, but anything more than that, get off your damn machine, go to the bathroom, and get it out of your system. I mean it's common courtesy, like the "courtesy flush" in a public restroom. It had to be a vegan -- nobody else farts like that.

2) Pulling into my local gas station, I find it deserted EXCEPT for the two pumps that have diesel, which have little rice burners parked next to them, taking their sweet time by filling up, leaving their cars at the pumps, and going into the mini-mart to buy twinkies or whatever.

3) At the grocery store, three of the four "self serve" registers had idiots at them that needed store assistance with like EVERY item they scanned. If you can't work the self serve, then go to a line with a live checker -- that's what they're for!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

jackdanson

• friend
Re: Stuff That Irritated Ben Today
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
It had to be a vegan -- nobody else farts like that.

HEY!! I'm vegetarian and my gas has significantly less smell than the average guy! (please hold the "s- don't stink comments)

3) At the grocery store, three of the four "self serve" registers had idiots at them that needed store assistance with like EVERY item they scanned. If you can't work the self serve, then go to a line with a live checker -- that's what they're for!

I find that even when I don't need help the self-serve takes longer... I swear those lasers are worse than the ones the live checkers use.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »
You gotta move the stuff in front of the laser... Faster seems to work better. Too many folks just plunk it down in front, and then wonder why it won't scan.

Sounds like someone went to White Castles after an evening of beer...

Blog under construction

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 03:55:56 PM »
I hate gas pump hogs.  They fill up with gas, then open the hood and overhaul the engine, then get the windshield washer and wash the entire car.  OR, they fill the car up, and then stroll into the store, phone to the ear, to shop for that just right bottle of water.

Don't get me started on the commercial drive-thru at the bank.  I swear some of those people in front of me are applying for mortgages.  :mad:

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:58:33 PM »
The thing that irritated Len today is living on the ragged edge of snow/rain.  I want snow damnit and all we've been getting is rain.  Wife's the same way.

Other than that, I hope Pittsburg loses today.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »
The thing that irritated Len today is living on the ragged edge of snow/rain.  I want snow damnit and all we've been getting is rain.  Wife's the same way.

Same here in the Mid-Willamette Valley.  Everyone up north got a nice batch of snow a few weeks ago.  We, on the other hand, got just enough to torment us and make us wish for a good snowfall.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 04:33:02 PM »
Same here in the Mid-Willamette Valley.  Everyone up north got a nice batch of snow a few weeks ago.  We, on the other hand, got just enough to torment us and make us wish for a good snowfall.

Yep. Just enough to torment us with the possibility of more....
Hi.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »
Vegan farts are indeed nasty.

All those lentils and beans do a number.

Sorry to hear about your bad day, Ben.

At least you didn't have Windows 7 crash several times.  ;)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 05:16:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about your bad day, Ben.

Aw, stuff like this happens to me, I just laugh it off anymore (or post here for entertainment). Heck, what else can ya do?

Besides, on the positive side, I have you guys all beta testing Windows 7 for me. :P  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »
The wind is irritating me today.  Can't hardly stand up out there.

45 degrees / 45 mph :(
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:26:04 PM by Tallpine »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 06:47:53 PM »

At least you didn't have Windows 7 crash several times.  ;)

You have no one to blame for that besides yourself. Well maybe bill also.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »
Time for another installment of, "Stuff That Irritated Ben Today"

also one of my pet peeves. and i always get behind the folks who can't use it, and then want sympathy for how 'difficult' it is.
the whole point of the self serve is so folks who are at least somewhat tech savvy don't have to deal with the grocerys employees (and particularly when one of them keeps hitting on me)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
got behind a lady with ocd and some issues in the self serve checkout. was funny  albeit slow
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

agricola

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »
Phillip Rivers getting spanked in Pittsburgh.

Oh wait, that doesnt irritate anyone.

=D
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
Hm, pretty much all that irritated me today was my father in law's complete lack of respect for personal space and appropriate boundaries. 

The man will not only stand me and read while I am typing, he'll lean in close enough that he's practically touching, and then comment on it.

It only gets worse when I'm pregnant.  It is never appropriate to put your face within six inches of your daughter in law's crotch, even if she is pregnant and you're "listening for the baby".  Especially if she told you get the f--- away twice already.  Next time he tries that, he's gonna end up with some broken bones.

anygunanywhere

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 08:22:10 PM »
You have a seriously twisted F-I-L, Bridgewalker.

Anygunanywhere

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
Can't think of anything that irritated me today. Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow.  =D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
Hm, pretty much all that irritated me today was my father in law's complete lack of respect for personal space and appropriate boundaries. 

The man will not only stand me and read while I am typing, he'll lean in close enough that he's practically touching, and then comment on it.

It only gets worse when I'm pregnant.  It is never appropriate to put your face within six inches of your daughter in law's crotch, even if she is pregnant and you're "listening for the baby".  Especially if she told you get the f--- away twice already.  Next time he tries that, he's gonna end up with some broken bones.

my, errr, step grandfather(?) is kinda like that. absolutly no concept of personal space. he hugs (in a totally kind and non creepy way) and i HATE being touched by folks who i am not extreamly close to, and even then in severe moderation. hell, i don't think i've given my own dad a hug in a couple of years.

on the plus side, you are pregnant. therefor if F-I-L ends up with some crunched bones, you can just say 'hormones' and get away with it.  :lol: (if you have never seen the british show coupling, your deffinatly missing out) 
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
Yea, pregnant women are lucky, they can do just about anything and get away with it.  :lol:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Paragon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »
All I had happen to me today was a bumper install that was supposed to take 30 minutes took 6 hours.  I didn't have any problems with MY Windows 7 box, however.  Oh, and the Eagles won.   =D

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 10:03:34 PM »
Not only do vegans tend to do eye-stinging WMDs that could wilt flowers, but they seem to be absolutely unaware they're doing so.

COWS, people. COWS. It's what COWS do, and if you eat only roughage and legumes, guess what you do?

And the only thing that annoyed me today was being trapped in the house because the world turned into a giant sno-cone.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:12:51 PM by Manedwolf »

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
Yea, pregnant women are lucky.

Yea.  Ketosis is fun.  As for getting away with it, he will be informed that if he's nice, I won't press charges for CSC.

Maned:  beats the hell out of being trapped a couple hundred miles from the house because of the sno-cone-ization of the world.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 10:36:45 PM »
Maned:  beats the hell out of being trapped a couple hundred miles from the house because of the sno-cone-ization of the world.

True! Or trapped in general. I looked outside this morning, thought "how bad is it?", turned on the news, "50 car pileup"...Oh. THAT bad.

House day! There are much worse things than being trapped in warm coziness with two pleasant-company felines and a giant mug of coffee.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 11:03:04 PM »
Stuff that irritated me today:  Unemployed still.

Also, Cerberus in Resident Evil.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 12:38:58 AM »
Today's irritation:  UNC B-ball lost.  SWMBO is from NC.  Big time fan.  Now I have to live with that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.