Author Topic: Stuff That Irritated Ben Today  (Read 7332 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: Stuff That Irritated Ben Today
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 08:01:18 AM »
Yea.  Ketosis is fun.
here's one link that might help:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/women-s-health/369701-dangers-ketosis-durning-pregnancy.html

Type in "Ketosis in Pregnancyt" as there is more. Hope this helps.  =)

Avoid cliches like the plague!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 11:01:16 AM »
Hm, pretty much all that irritated me today was my father in law's complete lack of respect for personal space and appropriate boundaries. 

The man will not only stand me and read while I am typing, he'll lean in close enough that he's practically touching, and then comment on it.

It only gets worse when I'm pregnant.  It is never appropriate to put your face within six inches of your daughter in law's crotch, even if she is pregnant and you're "listening for the baby".  Especially if she told you get the f--- away twice already.  Next time he tries that, he's gonna end up with some broken bones.

I've never understood the idiots who think that a woman being pregnant is an excuse to touch her belly etc. How does your husband feel about his Dad acting this way? It's his family and his responsibility to deal with it, imho. "Knock it off or you'll never see me or your grandchildren again" is generally an effective messge if delivered with enough conviction.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 12:15:46 PM »
For some reason, whenever I see this thread my brain first processes the title as "Stuff That Irradiated Ben Today"  :lol:

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 01:35:21 PM »
Hm, pretty much all that irritated me today was my father in law's complete lack of respect for personal space and appropriate boundaries. 

The man will not only stand me and read while I am typing, he'll lean in close enough that he's practically touching, and then comment on it.

It only gets worse when I'm pregnant.  It is never appropriate to put your face within six inches of your daughter in law's crotch, even if she is pregnant and you're "listening for the baby".  Especially if she told you get the f--- away twice already.  Next time he tries that, he's gonna end up with some broken bones.

In our case, it is my FIL (IOW, her father) who is the "inappropriate" (understatement of the millenium, and the last one too) one  :mad:

Our solution was to move two states away and only use a PO box for correspondence.  Somebody should have shot him or busted his head decades ago.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 03:11:40 PM »
For some reason, whenever I see this thread my brain first processes the title as "Stuff That Irradiated Ben Today"  :lol:

"First, the microwave didn't shut off when the door was opened. And then somebody spilled radium paint on my driveway. Someone had left an alpha source in the bottom of my coffee mug. And then I was followed by a crazy homeless guy pushing an x-ray cart!"

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 04:52:45 PM »
Also, I've signed you up for a spent-fuel-rod-of-the-month club. You should be getting one any day now.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 05:03:08 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one....
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »
Okay, the last few days have been pretty good for me.  :D   (by comparison at least) 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 08:28:43 PM »
my irritation of the day.

women walking her golden retrever (without any real control over the dog) comes walking up to me as i am walking azlan (think BIG and ALL BOY dog) and azlan has two modes when confronted by strange dogs, breed it or eat it. now, i've got azlan on a short lead (hell my hand was practically on his head) and i say "please don't bring your dog over here". women walks her darn dog right on up as i'm saying "seriously, GET YOUR DOG AWAY!"
just then azlan decided he was going to eat the dog. luckly i had control over azlan, so he didn't get a chance.

but she sure backed the golden off fast.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 09:03:50 PM »
I would like to be irradiated. Will it turn me into a Superhero?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
I would like to be irradiated. Will it turn me into a Superhero?

Sure.  Your only powers will be losing all of your hair and teeth and then bleeding internally, though.  :laugh:
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31:08 PM »
What about being sterile? I also want the power of sterility.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »

We all want you to have the power of sterility. :D

Chris

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »

i don't think you need to worry about that if you have no hair and no teeth.
 :angel:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:46 PM »
Well, I DID set myself up for this....  :laugh:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 11:44:37 PM »
Seek help, Ben.  Seek professional help.
(P.S.  You won't find that here.  =D )
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 10:46:06 AM »
breed it or eat it.

Phrase o' the Day.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
Things that irritated Jeff today...

There's been a guy on the train lately I can't seem to get away from. No matter where I go, he and the people he rides with are always within 2 seats of me. First, the guy never shuts up, and as if that isn't enough, he whistles his s-es, just like every rodent cartoon character.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2009, 09:42:33 PM »

There's been a guy on the train lately I can't seem to get away from. No matter where I go, he and the people he rides with are always within 2 seats of me. First, the guy never shuts up, and as if that isn't enough, he whistles his s-es, just like every rodent cartoon character.

It's working!  Muwhahahahahaha!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2009, 09:43:29 PM »

He'sss trying to getsss hissss precioussss back ...  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:34 PM »
New, updated irritations?

Ooh, I can play this game!  

The staffer who runs a free pre-bar-prep psuedo class that I attending because it is a good source of free materials randomly decided to run a practice quiz until forty minutes past the end of class.  I'm sure me gathering up my stuff in the middle of a timed practice exam and racing out to get kiddo before the daycare closed didn't annoy anyone at all.  ;/

Seriously, if your lecture consists of reading your powerpoint slides aloud, shouldn't it be fairly easy to *not* run over by forty minutes?

The half-billion mommy-board nitwits who insist on turning every decision in life into a thread title that a badly twisted, unfunny attempt to paraphrase the opening line of Hamlet's soliloquy.   That one almost led to a brand-new irritation thread.

My new partner who both smokes and wears his overcoat indoors.  I foresee three months of chronic breathing problems.  =|  I may just talk to him about that one.  Maybe he won't mind just keeping a sweater in the clinic, so he doesn't have to listen to me cough every time we work together, which will be almost daily.

Profs who teach classes populated entirely by third year law students, mostly people graduating this term, but who still insist on writing syllabi in a manner more consistent with the habit to undergrad freshman, including phrases like "law school is a job, show up prepared to work!"   :rolleyes:  Aw, really?  Cuz I thought this was all fun and games.

Also,

sinus infections
subzero temps
cats
car batteries
math requirements
irresponsible spouses
hyperemesis
cranky toddlers
poorly scheduled daycares
dogs
overpriced medications
boots with no lugs
boots with lugs but too-short shafts
boots that are perfect, except for the holes
maternity clothes
dry clean only clothes
code books an inch too thick for the briefcase
food
mediation centers
semantic distinctions
and, cotton socks

Sorry, I've had an irritating day.   :|

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
Interestingly, nothing irritated me today. The irradiation must be working...  :laugh:

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:35 PM »
Secure Computing Sidewinders and compressed implementation schedules really annoy me lately.

Chris