Author Topic: EFFING COMCAST  (Read 4892 times)

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
Re: EFFING COMCAST
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 12:54:25 AM »
LOL........ Astound has done more damage than Comcast. Their construction crews managed to blow up an entire block in St Cloud, MN. That was 4 days after I started to work with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_St._Cloud_explosion

The REAL story is that someone within the city maintenance buried a piece of granite under the sidewalk they poured. While attempting to sink an anchor for an overhead line, the anchor bent and the contractor didn't notice the bend. The anchor struck a gas line and response was slow. While waiting for the responders, gas flowed back into the buildings via the surrounding cavity along the gas line because of the nature of underground utilities in the upper midwest. The expansion and contraction causes a cavity around the line. Something lit off the gas that had gotten inside the building. It's suspected that it was either a gas water heater or someone lighting a cigarette.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Paragon

• friend
Re: EFFING COMCAST
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
I hate them. Leatherness sent me an email of some importance today at 2:24 PM from our "country" ISP at the river. I received it at the Pentagon at 2:30 or so--pretty routine. It just arrived here at home--served by COMCAST--at 7:25 PM. Five hours to deliver a short email? YGBSM!

TC

It's probably not Comcast.  That happens fairly often to me here, so my wife now CCs my gmail account to everything and I'll get it on my blackberry.