Author Topic: The media are smitten  (Read 7036 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: The media are smitten
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »
The whole thing fell flat.

The Oath was botched.

The big speech wasn't.

And the most memorable image will be Aretha's hat.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

JBURGII

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »
So that was it? I was expecting an ascension like the ancients on Stargate: Atlantis...

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 01:19:11 PM »
And the most memorable image will be Aretha's hat.
Incomparably awesome.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 01:42:37 PM »
I thought it was neat how he rode in to DC on Bidens back with everyone having palm fronds...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

anygunanywhere

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »
Why are they watching that instead of doing work?

If I had control over IT, I'd kill the mime types for all streaming video for the day. If they want to waste time, they can take PTO from their total and sit at home.

I broke up a praise Obama session on the boob tube in the control room earlier. It didn't take long for the worshippers to get back to their work. I expect the diversity police will be notifying me of my actions that made the workplace unfriendly today for those who didn't travel to DC.

Anygunanywhere

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
Does "upholding the constitution" include the 2nd amendment?

IMO, a "nation" should not prosper at all.  It should subsist.

Ahh, but the state is the people, comrade! =D

I seriously think most people in this country are idiots.  Like authentically dumb.  I speak with people I work with and it just blows my mind how stupid they are about law, foreign policy, and politics.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 02:04:54 PM »
Does "upholding the constitution" include the 2nd amendment?

Ahh, but the state is the people, comrade! =D

I seriously think most people in this country are idiots.  Like authentically dumb.  I speak with people I work with and it just blows my mind how stupid they are about law, foreign policy, and politics, <and insert anything beyond their tiny areas of interest>.

Fixed it for you.

As an economist, it's especially frustrating as people don't seem to care that they are ignorant and will argue with me over FACTS. >.<
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 02:34:42 AM »
Apparently, the liberal elite came in over 600 private jets.

There was no reporters at the airport. There was not a bit of video or a photo. Not a damned thing.

If it was Republicans, they'd have been crying about how much greenhouse gases those were and how many children they could have fed.

The MSM has chosen its side.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 02:41:08 AM »
This is not an Inauguration.  It is an Inaug-o-rama...or, to some of us, an Inaug-o-thon.

Call it what it is.  It's a coronation.

It appeared to me to be the founding moments of a new religion.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

bscl

• friends
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 11:04:04 AM »
Apparently, the liberal elite came in over 600 private jets.

There was no reporters at the airport. There was not a bit of video or a photo. Not a damned thing.

If it was Republicans, they'd have been crying about how much greenhouse gases those were and how many children they could have fed.

The MSM has chosen its side.

I've been slowly backing away from televised news programs and their accompanying websites over the last year.  I could not stand the adulation coming from most of the MSM, local news sources (he is a "Hawaii boy" after all), and the Hollywood crowd.  All for having sweet nothings whispered into their ears and nothing but an image to look up to.  As far as I'm concerned, I agree that the MSM has chosen sides - NOT the side I'm on.  That they did speaks very poorly of the lot of them, though I'm sure that a small minority still has some sense of objectivity left.  The next thing that really needs to fall is the business of media, much more than the auto industry.  Maybe then they can rebuild themselves back to what they should have been long, long ago - a source of information instead of influence. 
Life Member NRA, SAF

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

john828

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 12:03:24 PM »
The future:

http://volokh.com/posts/1232595017.shtml

Holy moonbats!!!  Those people are nuts.  If it weren't for religious organizations, half the hospitals would not exist.  The same is true for universities.  Hell, science itself began because religious people believed that there was a well ordered nature worthy of exploration. 

Ok, religious rant off. 

Moonbat and looney leftist elitism rant on.

Those people have the means to do a lot of what they said and some of them will.  Good on them when they do it.  But that video was just evil.  It left me with a feeling of doom and dread.  There are some very influential people in this world who would love it if the elites could dictate their wills.  Why would they want it?  Because they think they are the elites.

Real conversation in a Minneapolis coffeeshop with a cute little college girl who attended a local ultra-liberal arts college.  We got into a discussion on parenting.  She believed that there should be a license for parenting--really she did.  I asked her who would set the criteria.  She, without a smile, immediately shot back that she would be happy to set the criteria herself.  This from a nineteen or twenty year old girl who would probably have an abortion if she got pregnant wants to dictate who should be a parent.

My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »
Larry King on Barack Obama: “Black is in…my eight-year-old son wishes he was black.”
Thursday, January 22, 2009, 05:50 PM GMT [General]

CNN's orange-haired septuagenarian chatterbox Larry King has been bowled over by the new Age of Obama, enthusing that his youngest offspring (from his seventh marriage) wants to be black. I guess it's a case of black being, er, the new black.

Interviewing a visibly uncomfortable Bob Woodward on his eponymous CNN show last night, Larry, 75, gushed: "My younger son Cannon, he is eight. And he now says that he would like to be black. I'm not kidding. He said there's a lot of advantages. Black is in. Is this a turning of the tide?"

The distinguished Watergate scribbler responded "well, maybe" and talked about how his 12-year-old daughter Diana liked Barack Obama's inaugural speech before gingerly steering the discussion towards George W. Bush's magnanimity and how he "hasn't, you know, made any cheap shots" at his White House successor.

It could have been worse, Bob. The other day, Larry blurted out that things were changing so fast that there could soon be a lesbian in the Oval Office. "Who would've thunk it," he said on KIIS radio in Los Angeles. "I can't believe it. Well, in 10 years' time we'll have, a what, a lesbian?"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/01/22/larry_king_on_barack_obama_black_is_inmy_eightyearold_son_wishes_he_was_black

grampster

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 02:50:15 PM »
I'm shuddering over the possible lead in to the nightly news every day now for the next 4 years.   

"Day 4 or 10 or 30 or 100 or 365 of the Obaman presidency"
'President Barak Obama, today, changed the lead in his pencil  after signing Executive Order 475 that orders everyone who has lead in his pencil to properly dispose of it in a hazardous contamination friendly container and change over to the new material from Algore LLC that has a zero carbon footprint'
Video at 11.  Over to you Charise.'
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »
If Obama has the answers, I suggest he go for the Presidency of Kenya--no doubt he'd be elected by acclamation--and try them out there. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

bscl

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 03:15:09 AM »
I dug out an old song from the 80's that seems to fit so well right now - "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour.  Adding it to my daily mp3 rotation soon.
Life Member NRA, SAF