Author Topic: This Guy Has All the Moves Down  (Read 7692 times)

Vodka7

• friend
Re: This Guy Has All the Moves Down
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
Section 595 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009, the new law (Public Law No. 110-181 of the United States Code) reads:

by striking “all persons present” and all that follows through the end of the section and inserting the following: “all persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Citizens of other countries present should stand at attention. All such conduct toward the flag in a moving column should be rendered at the moment the flag passes.”

Thank God we have a law for that.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2009, 07:06:32 AM »
by striking “all persons present” and all that follows through the end of the section and inserting the following: “all persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Citizens of other countries present should stand at attention. All such conduct toward the flag in a moving column should be rendered at the moment the flag passes.”

...and he used to follow the law so well...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »
This may be one of the dumbest controversies to ever hit this board.  I'm still not sure why Mike hasn't moved it to Round Table.  Doesn't want it to spread, maybe?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »
View it as an attempt by Obama to be respectful, and respect him for that. 

This.

You think he was returning a salute... maybe he thought he was saluting the flag. Clueless but earnest?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner