Author Topic: Obama flashes irritation in press room  (Read 11940 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Obama flashes irritation in press room
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
If he wanted to get friendly with the press, he should follow this three-step process:

1.  Have Madelaine Albright as a "ring girl" holding up a large "1" sign.

2.  Have Biden ring a big bell one time

3.  Come out shadow boxing

=D
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »

1.  Have Madelaine Albright as a "ring girl" holding up a large "1" sign.

=D

Thank you for that image.

I can't wait till we get the Total Recall machines to wipe these types of things out of my mind...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 04:25:29 PM »
Thank you for that image.

I can't wait till we get the Total Recall machines to wipe these types of things out of my mind...

Then you'd end up with a glowing red ball up your nose, and be telling yourself to get your a__ to Mars.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »
Yeah, but think of all the nose hair a glowing red ball would remove. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 05:14:11 PM »
If one listened to the encounter one would know that YES! Obama WAS really annoyed and not a little bit frustrated by the event.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »
So....when will Obama schedule the execution of these seditionists?....  :police:

The president was quickly saved by a cameraman in the room who called out: “I’d like to say it one more time: ‘Mr. President.’ ”

Finally....some honest bias from the MSM....  :mad:

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 05:47:18 PM »
brace yourself here folks, i watched part of the inagural coverage on BET.   and one of their reporters said "we can enjoy this event today before we hold him up to his performance" and there was far less fawning there than on other networks. some genuine understandable joy but much more realistic than the other networks i endured. i watch for the black press to put it to him if he fails to deliver.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

taurusowner

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
I don't think there should ever be any social time between him and the press.  He is the most powerful man in the world.  The next 1457 days are work days.  No, he doesn't get any days off.  President Bush didn't.  And the press should ALWAYS be antagonistic towards the president.  They are supposed to be our watchdogs over his exercise of power.  Again, that's what they did with President Bush.  There is clearly an attitude of "we're on the same team" between BHO and the media.  That is a very dangerous thing for America.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 07:01:47 PM »
I don't think there should ever be any social time between him and the press.  He is the most powerful man in the world.  The next 1457 days are work days.  No, he doesn't get any days off.  President Bush didn't.  And the press should ALWAYS be antagonistic towards the president.  They are supposed to be our watchdogs over his exercise of power.  Again, that's what they did with President Bush.  There is clearly an attitude of "we're on the same team" between BHO and the media.  That is a very dangerous thing for America.

Amen.  Agree 100%.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

nico

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 10:39:32 PM »
I don't think there should ever be any social time between him and the press. 

I think you hit the nail on the head.  He thinks that just because the media worked so hard to get him elected that they'll become a complete propaganda wing of his administration.  Although I'm sure they'll work hard to spread his BS, they need something other than "omg he's so dreamy" to write. 

His relationship with the media is like having a pet tiger.  It may act like it loves you 95% of the time, but if you piss it off it'll mess you up.  I just wonder how long it'll take for him to lose a hand. . . 

taurusowner

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 10:44:28 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head.  He thinks that just because the media worked so hard to get him elected that they'll become a complete propaganda wing of his administration.  Although I'm sure they'll work hard to spread his BS, they need something other than "omg he's so dreamy" to write. 

His relationship with the media is like having a pet tiger.  It may act like it loves you 95% of the time, but if you piss it off it'll mess you up.  I just wonder how long it'll take for him to lose a hand. . . 

Unfortunately, I think you're assuming that that the media, mostly being fellow democrats, are only operating this way because of the "historical nature" of his election.  It's not just image and him being "dreamy" to them.  Deep down, they also agree with his policies.  So in the end, I don't think they'll hold him to the fire, for any reason.

nico

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »
Unfortunately, I think you're assuming that that the media, mostly being fellow democrats, are only operating this way because of the "historical nature" of his election.  It's not just image and him being "dreamy" to them.  Deep down, they also agree with his policies.  So in the end, I don't think they'll hold him to the fire, for any reason.

no, I agree that they agree with his policies, and where no one knows what he actually thinks, they trust that whatever he does is good.  That said, not many people can tolerate being treated like someone's bitch for too long, even if they otherwise love the person.  I really think (hope?) obama's arrogance will bite him in the ass eventually. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 09:18:24 PM by nico »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 07:57:45 PM »
If he doesn't want to answer questions until a press conference the next day, or whatever, that's fine.  But he didn't have to get snarky about it.  Nor should he have been surprised by such questions.  He IS the President, after all.  He should start expecting serious questions, cause he has a real job, now. 

And the event just illustrates how chummy the press is with him.  Doesn't he know they're supposed to "speak truth to power"?   :rolleyes:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
http://adage.com/mediaworks/article?article_id=134032

Fading Love Affair: How the Media Will Maul Obama
Journalists Can't Stay 'in the Tank' for New POTUS Without Eventually Coming Up for Air, Can They?

by Simon Dumenco

Published: January 26, 2009
In recent weeks I happened to read three different articles that all invoked the late Swiss psychiatrist Elizabeth Kübler-Ross's famous five-stage "Grief Cycle" in regard to the economic crisis. You know the drill: Humans tend to react to loss with denial, followed by anger, followed by bargaining, followed by depression, followed by acceptance.

Hail to the Chief: Enjoy it while it lasts, Mr. President.
Photo Credit: Jim Watson

Given last week's media-fueled Obama mania, I've been thinking about the stages of, well, media euphoria. Generally there are only two such stages: on and off. It's been conventional wisdom for at least a year now that the media is "in the tank for Obama" (in fact, start typing "in the tank" into Google's home-page search box, and it will automatically complete the phrase with "for Obama" -- and point you to endless stories about the media's love affair with O). But all political infatuations must come to an end -- and already you can begin to see the media straining mightily to assert its "objectivity" regarding our new POTUS. For instance, the Los Angeles Times editorial board got big notice on Jim Romenesko's media blog last week when it rather hilariously declared, "We pledge to watch Obama, to hold him to his work, and to report back." (As one commenter wrote at latimes.com, "Why the sudden commitment to 'journalism'? During the campaign, the LAT was all but running advertorials for Obama.")
Of course, for journos struggling to shake off their schoolgirl crushes, it sort of sucks that No. 44 so far continues to appear deeply competent and eerily disciplined. He just won't cooperate with the media's need for a narrative shift! But no matter. The media always finds a way. For starters:

Just say Trouble -- with a capital T Even minor wrinkles can be construed as "trouble." And everybody knows that anybody experiencing "trouble" is "troubled." Consider, for instance, this pre-inaugural early-bird special from The New York Times: "Signs of Trouble Emerge in Transition's Last Days." That headline appeared over a piece by Peter Baker and Helene Cooper that began, "The smooth ride to the inauguration has turned bumpier in its final days for President-elect Barack Obama as he struggles to complete his cabinet, push problematic nominations through the Senate and balance competing demands in his economic package." Oh, dear! With all that problematic bumpiness troubling Obama's troubled transition team, it's a wonder he didn't dissolve into a quivering puddle of tears!

The rule of twos Two bits of trouble in a row -- preferably within the same news cycle? That automatically translates to "under siege," as in: "The Obama administration is under siege tonight, with new revelations of X coming on the heels of Y ..."

Eloquent, schmeloquent! "More novel than short story, more ballad than poem ... it did what literature does best." Who said that about what? The Los Angeles Times (ha ha!), about Obama's inaugural address. With that kind of over-the-top gushery still on tap, we can expect this neat reversal any minute now: Some clever blogger -- probably a Nick Denton employee -- will deconstruct a YouTube video of an uncharacteristically stuttery or at-a-loss-for-words Obama (perhaps at a news conference) and point out that he's not really that eloquent! (In December, Gawker actually took a yellow highlighter to the transcript of Caroline Kennedy's first in-depth New York Times interview, to show that "Yesterday, we learned Caroline Kennedy is able to say 'you know' 12 times in under a minute" -- and the Caroline-is-an-Upper-East-Side-Valley-girl meme was born.) Or better yet, said blogger will stitch together a montage of some heretofore un-obsessed-about Obama verbal tic, and thereby demonstrate decisively that the most celebrated political orator of our time is ... a fraud!

He's just too reasonable! Credit Maureen Dowd for advancing the notion that Obama's post-partisan approach and tendency to see nuance where George Bush saw black and white will spell ... trouble! "Some worry that a President Obama will overdo it," she wrote last week, "and turn the Situation Room into the Seminar Room." Yes, yes -- worried sick!

Oh, God! "I can't say anything that hasn't already been said," Oprah Winfrey told the Chicago Sun-Times during last week's inaugural festivities. "It's beyond. It's sacred." Oprah's not the only one who's unable to avoid quasi-messianic rhetoric in regard to Obama -- which, come to think of it, she helped kick off all the way back in December 2007, when she anointed Obama "the one." (Remember? "I am here to tell you, Iowa, he is the one. He is the one!") Conservative commentators sure had fun with all that "the one" stuff during the election. Now they can up the ante by roasting atheist-pagan journalists for so willfully overlooking this most obvious breach of the separation of church and state. Oh, my God, we elected ... a god!

Fox News, your serve.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"