Author Topic: Take your daughter to the range day  (Read 1390 times)

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
Take your daughter to the range day
« on: November 04, 2005, 12:12:22 PM »
Wow what a great time...
Earlier this week my #2 daughter calls me into her room and says how come you have never taken me shooting.....

I am thinking oops, nahhh.  So I say you never asked..
I got a couple of my guns and showed her proper Gun-Fu and went over the 4 Laws.  So today we went for an extended lunch break.  She got to shoot my S&W 35-1 6" 22, 60-4 3" 38, 65-5 4" 357 with 38s and my Marlin 39A Mountie and 1894C.  She also shot My Ruger 10/22 with Folding Stock....
Whitney and my Mountie

Whit and my 1894c

SpinkyWhirl is a Handgunner

Spink and EBR

look for it
find it
Brian
<><
:)

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 01:10:01 PM »
Way to go, bro!

Nicely seized opportunity.  
...good recovery, too, on the question! Wink

Relationship is job #1.  If you can make her a shooter on top of that, it's icing on the cake.

Well done.  Hope I am listening as well as you, when my opportunity presents itself.
Ben

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 01:40:12 PM »
Smiley

Uh Oh.

Is the the daughter that stayed close to mom, and "that other older one" now married, [Gus] we all know and admire- hung with you?

Oh boy!  You up and done it now 'dad'.

Gus  is gonna get hit up to go shooting...
Momma is going to wonder what you did to 'her' daughter...
And you ...well you are gonna get yelled by the wife, end up  having to come up with more ammo  to Replace what Spink shot of Gus's ammo,  Spink's ammo needs, and most likely pick up the tab for lunch for both girls, and have to come home to cook supper to boot.

Poor Daddy  Tongue

SpinkyWhirl : I like that.

Beware the Man with a Gus and SpinkWhirl  at his side- you ain't gotta chance!  

Yeah, looks like you done lost that revolver - she looks right partial to it, seems to fit her real well...

You are a blessed man sir - 'course you knew that.

Steve

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 03:34:36 PM »
Congrats, but please tell me she's not shooting a semi-auto rifle left handed without eye protection...

Or any firearm, for that matter...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 03:38:53 PM »
Heh. My daughter and I just got back from some after school/work pumpkin obliteration. She tore 'em up with her Marlin 60, and I finished them off with the Mossberg.  Punkin guts were a'flyin' !   Cheesy

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 05:21:58 AM »
Never mind.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 04:52:37 PM »
I had the eyes on the shooting bag and we were having fun and I forgot them.  She had ears and was very knowledgable of the four laws.  Great kid.

SpinkyWhirl came from a bunch of nick names she had...  
One day when she was about 10 she had been called Squirrel Nutkin, from The rabbit stories...  The family was getting ready to leave to go to one of the many extended family get togethers and she was whirling around in the hall way with a pink tutu on just being a total nut and I got mildly experated with her and I yelled SpinkyWhirl we are leaving and I commenced ot tromp down the stairs and the name stuck....
Brian
<><
:)