Author Topic: White House plan puts bull's-eye on talk shows  (Read 11604 times)

buzz_knox

• friend
Re: White House plan puts bull's-eye on talk shows
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
Something tells me they noticed how much the media beat up on President Bush and they don't want the same to happen to President Obama.

That's why the Obama Truth Squads are still functioning, and media outlets and journalists unfavorable to Obama are not being allowed access.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »
Savage said y'day he's moving his show to the Internet if they come at him with the Fairness Doctrine or "local content" or whatever. 

That's what most conservative talk people will do, and their listeners will adapt or they won't. 

The future of everything we believe in is underground and on the margins.  The sooner we face that reality the better we can prepare and defend ourselves.

The Left is out for blood.  We have to keep that in mind.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 07:20:09 PM »
That's why the Obama Truth Squads are still functioning, and media outlets and journalists unfavorable to Obama are not being allowed access.

No access...

That's about the dumbest thing obama's people could do. It'll just piss off those banned and eventually snowball into the MSM coming down on the obamaites for being anti-1st amendment
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »

No access...

That's about the dumbest thing obama's people could do. It'll just piss off those banned and eventually snowball into the MSM coming down on the obamaites for being anti-1st amendment

Fight Me Online

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2009, 07:27:29 PM »
No access...

Nope.

Most of The Willing Masses will just watch whatever is put in front of them and accept it as truth.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2009, 08:04:09 PM »
Internet and satellite are not viable refuges.  Federales exercise no control because congress has not acted to gain control.

Whatsoever congress giveth, congress taketh away.  Long live congress.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2009, 09:23:17 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »
Jeez, this place is becoming as bad as DU was from 2000-2007
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2009, 09:40:37 PM »

Maybe that's because the equivalent of Intolerable Acts are flying out of the White House within the first few days, they just confirmed someone who screwed up Turbotax (they said) as Treasury, and are going to confirm a total antigun AG as well, and just blew nearly a trillion dollars to social welfare programs with no return? (The Senate will pass it, it's already a done deal.)

It hasn't even been a few WEEKS yet and the "change" is already one f-up after another.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 10:04:13 PM »
No, in the long run satellite and Internet are probably NOT viable refuges, that's true.  I think we all know here what the only "viable refuge" really is. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 09:26:54 AM »

DU didn't have tangible evidence to support their statements.  We do.  Or, are you unaware of the Dems call for a return to the Fairness Doctrine, the public statements by the Truth Squads that they would remain operation, Chris Matthews talking about the role of the media in the campaign to insure Obama was successful, etc?

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:51:09 PM by Don't care »

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:13 PM »
DU didn't have tangible evidence to support their statements.  We do.  Or, are you unaware of the Dems call for a return to the Fairness Doctrine, the public statements by the Truth Squads that they would remain operation, Chris Matthews talking about the role of the media in the campaign to insure Obama was successful, etc?

There's plenty of the same quality of evidence that Bush committed war crimes, conspired to wiretap without a warrant, and fire prosecutors that wouldn't push the cases his administration wanted.
I could also point out how the media was in the tank for GWB during the 2000 and 2004 elections, too; but such things would be met with the same laughter that I'd be met with if I spoke up for a case for Israel in the middle east, or the real meaning of the constitution, including the 2nd amendment at DU.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »
Gotta love those predictions about how Obama is going to screw up his media management and get the press against him.

A guy named Barack Obama gets himself elected over a Vietnam veteran named McCain who spent time in a North Vietnamese torture camp is not going to make many missteps in terms of public relations. 

He is probably the greatest public relations expert in the world today, bar none.

That doesn't mean he has great policies-but that isn't really relevant to an election back home.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2009, 10:36:11 PM »
Gotta love those predictions about how Obama is going to screw up his media management and get the press against him.

A guy named Barack Obama gets himself elected over a Vietnam veteran named McCain who spent time in a North Vietnamese torture camp is not going to make many missteps in terms of public relations. 

He is probably the greatest public relations expert in the world today, bar none.

That doesn't mean he has great policies-but that isn't really relevant to an election back home.

It didn't hurt that the Vietnam Vet ran the worst campaign EVER, now did it?  I sorta like that Obama guy, but I think his victory was due to many people being sick and tired of the party in power's corruption exploding all over itself, and due to the horrible campaign run by McCain.  All Obama had to do was stay on message and not screw up.  He does that well.  Hopefully he can govern the country as well as he runs a campaign.  I hope (shut up) that he can.

(Yeah, I know the democrats are no better.  We'll see that.)
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 11:10:54 PM »
Nitro,

You're forgetting the part where he blindsided the Clintons.  And, even with the worst campaign ever, it is no small feat for a guy from chicago with that name to beat one of the oldest and most recognised "maverick" names in America.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

lone_gunman

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 09:14:02 AM »
they just confirmed someone who screwed up Turbotax (they said) as Treasury, and are going to confirm a total antigun AG as well, and just blew nearly a trillion dollars to social welfare programs with no return?

Didn't Bush authorize an only slightly smaller bailout?

And I still am not sure how Alberto Gonzalez is any different from Eric Holder.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
Nope.

Most of The Willing Masses will just watch whatever is put in front of them and accept it as truth.

Orwell, baby.

Only a matter of time til' the boob tube starts talking TO you.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
Orwell, baby.

Only a matter of time til' the boob tube starts talking TO you.

Targeted ads based on the viewer's habits and overall consumer profile (gleaned from everything from credit card purchases to even cellphone GPS tracking in and out of merchants) have had marketers drooling for years. I would expect that as that's phased in, the Dems will be all over it for targeted political advertising as well.

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 03:15:57 PM »
Targeted ads based on the viewer's habits and overall consumer profile (gleaned from everything from credit card purchases to even cellphone GPS tracking in and out of merchants) have had marketers drooling for years.

Amazon.Com already does this. The emails I get from them suggesting what I might like to buy next are usually dead on. They know what I like and target that. A few years ago they were wrong about half the time. NOW? Well lets just say they know me better than I do - at least when it comes to books, movies and games.

Of course they're basing their recommendations off of my purchase history but it isn't a great leap to imagine that if all the businesses in the USA pooled their databases on individual consumer purchasing habits that targeted ads to individuals with either satellite or cable TV couldn't be done. Cox digital cable at least seems to be TCP/IP based so targetting ads to individual consumers would be fairly easy even now.

Fight Me Online

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 02:11:07 PM »
It didn't hurt that the Vietnam Vet ran the worst campaign EVER,

Actually I think that distinction goes to Dole but McCain comes in a very close second.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams